Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    US has more defense against nukes than Russia.
    Plus the USA has the UK and France nuclear arsenal to back them up if needed.

The Doctrine of NATO is an attack on one is an attack on All.

Deleted
    That sounds... about right?
    I don't know what's so bad about it , he's said he doesn't wanna take Kiev, and if he wanted to , he could take it in 2 weeks.

Feels like he want countries to join NATO. Sweden is considering it, for example. Our military is almost non-existent because of peace loving hippies living in their own little flowery world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Who is asking the U.S. to get involved? It's a matter for the E.U. to deal with, and we will, but ...
    I chuckled I'm not gonna lie.

I love you europeans, but when push comes to shove you know who's gonna be on the PM's speed dial.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Get real, they have a lot more Nukes than the USA does.
    Get real. US has a bigger military than the rest of the world put together. The UN themselves said the world could team up vs the US and would still lose. US spends more than the next 12 countries combined in military spending , that includes Russia.

We are 20-30 years ahead of them on the military technology front. It's tough to fight an unconventional war like terrorism but we are ready for a traditional war militarily. We've been preparing for the Russians for 60 years. They'd be lucky if a single ICBM could touch us land. Europe on the other hand would be in trouble, but Russia is hardly the military power they were 30 years back. California alone could take Russia

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Feels like he want countries to join NATO. Sweden is considering it, for example. Our military is almost non-existent because of peace loving hippies living in their own little flowery world.
    Aren't the Swedes traditionally neutral? The heads of aggressive countries tend to leave the netural ones alone, in case it goes tits up and they need a backup plan.

Deleted
    Sweden is not in NATO? Hmm...how is your russian minority, they may need saving.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Get real, they have a lot more Nukes than the USA does.
    Actually the US has over 2x their active warheads. Most of Russia's nukes are either mothballed or operating on old soviet launch systems that haven't been maintained for over 30 years. They are just as likely to explode on the launchpad. The only real threats are their scant few sub ICBM's that are kept in good condition.

In a conventional war with EU/NATO Russia would be crushed and they know it. Russia would be outnumbered, outgunned,severely lacking in terms of technology, and industrial capacity. In essence it would be the final war Russia makes.....ever. Because once it was over Russia would no longer exist.
    Last edited by lizon; 2014-09-02 at 01:22 PM.

The only reason Putin gets to strut is because history has shown that Russia and especially Russian leaders have a complete disregard for civilian casualty's.

Putin is the the sort of guy who would let the world get annihilated while he is safe in his bunker just to satisfy his ego as a big man.

We sure do live in dangerous times.

10+ Year Old Account
    As stated, he isn't intending to start anything, he was simply annoyed by a question of "Why are you fighting in Ukraine?"

That would be like someone asking Obama "Why are you fighting in Syria" every day for 6 months. Eventually, he'd snap and say the same thing.

Anyone would.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    US has more defense against nukes than Russia. ICBMS are risky to send because they get intercepted in flight, only way to deliver is with stealth bombers and knowledge of radar emplacements.
    Thats pretty much impossible due to how they operate, you may get lucky and shoot it down as it is launching but that means having aircraft inside Russian airspace and within range of the Silo's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

I love you europeans, but when push comes to shove you know who's gonna be on the PM's speed dial.
    Well it is to both parts best interest to defend each other, I would expect if the US was attack (for some reason) there would be a call out to the european countries to gather arms

Deleted
    You bitch so much about Russia, without questioning your own countries. What happened to the black box of the Malaysian Airlines plane? Where are the other 200 of the 300 corpses from the same flight? Franch and Itality are still trading with Russia, despite of the EU sanctions. In a few months, Franch will deliver the first of two helicopter carrier and Italy will get their pipeline. Meanwhile 60.000 tons of food are rotting weekly, cause of 1 russian sanction against the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

Yeah....I was going to say just this. I mean lets be real here, Europe wont do anything to Russia. Most European countries depend on Russia's oil.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

"California could take Russia on alone"
    What absolute bs. It's not North Korea we're talking about, it's Russia.
    Last edited by CalasEU; 2014-09-02 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I've checked, your country is very well respected for it's rather neutral and humanitarian/social stance. Since when should this suddenly be negative?

Pro Tip..... There are other countries that let anyone from a Western country happily join their military and get some combat actions lickedy split...
    If you're eager to fight... start here : http://todaysmilitary.com/
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...p_ref=uk&ir=UK

Seriously the guy is off his rocker
    If he put the collective power of the Russian army to bear on Ukraine, yes he most likely could. Saying it openly then blaming everyone else the conflicts and problems is mindblowingly stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    As stated, he isn't intending to start anything, he was simply annoyed by a question of "Why are you fighting in Ukraine?"

That would be like someone asking Obama "Why are you fighting in Syria" every day for 6 months. Eventually, he'd snap and say the same thing.

Anyone would.
    No, Obama would say "Why am I stil fighting in Syria? Because the american people and the world demand that I follow some rules of engagement and because I have to work with what the Congress allows me. If it was up to me, I would end Syria in one week tops."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...p_ref=uk&ir=UK

Seriously the guy is off his rocker
    He could, but as this quote is taken out of context - to clarify to the squewed view western media is giving on the subject - it's his way to emphasise that I can do it - so why haven't i?

If Putin had any intersted he would have taken Kiev already. He doesn't so he won't do it. There's no reason at all. He doesnt want a big conflict and he has since early july wanted peace and ceasefire to solve things through talking instead. Putin wanted only one thing. To secure the navalbase on Crimea so that it didn't get turned into a nato base instead. He got that. Now he wants peace.
    Last edited by mmoc84ca5d4ef2; 2014-09-02 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    "California could take Russia on alone"
    What absolute bs. It's not North Korea we're talking about, it's Russia.
    California is the 8th largest GDP in the world by itself. Combined with its population and the advantage of US military technology, absolutely they could flatten Russia. We couldn't occupy it like Iraq, but California would be more than capable of flattening Russia by itself thanks to the advanced US weaponry which makes the Russians military weapons look archaic and dinosauric.