Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Only read the first 4 pages but I'm amazed some posters even know how to turn their PCs on.
    dont click this link or your intertrons will explodify
    Beta Club Brosquad

Giving out free time works. They've got me twice with those blasted 7 free day offers. Both times I got interested again and re-subbed.

A blue poster said its part of a promo sent to players of other blizzard games to get them to try wow. The 30day is the same free time you get when you first buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Quarter ends on Sept 30th...and this promotion ends Sept 26th. Um, yeah. Free play time promotions such as this (and possibly even newly activated accounts with 30 days of game time) most likely are not even counted as "subscribers" on the official books.
    Yes, so people ideally play free then pay to continue in time for the quarter end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I tried doing this as a non email invite person by getting the battlenet app and made a new email and account but it only downloaded and installed starter edition with all the starter edition limitations......sad monkey....

ERMERGERD A LINK - CLICK ! - ERMERGERD A VEYERUS! Seriously people, check stuff before you click it.
    Kiss my waggle

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I would suggest against clicking the link unless you try it yourself that website looks so fishy & It could be an attempt to steal accounts.

Unless you try it for yourself or check with Blizzard don't bother with it I guess.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Ya I would suggest against clicking the link unless you try it yourself that website looks so fishy & It could be an attempt to steal accounts.

Unless you try it for yourself or check with Blizzard don't bother with it I guess.
    well its within blizzard.com domain and the page has zero scripts, pure html so its safe and looks uncompleted
    Last edited by Xjev; 2014-09-03 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    well its within blizzard.com domain and the page has zero scripts, pure html so its safe and looks uncompleted
    I was gonna say, just run NoScript and I can only see blizzard.com which by default wasn't allowed

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind if it included frozen accounts,though looking at the blue posts it'll most likely be only for new players. Fingers crossed for a free month.

10+ Year Old Account
    This topic is still going? Well, I may as well post a strange experience I had yesterday. Mind you, what I am about to say may have absolutely nothing to do with this page, though just in case. Basically, I had entered a Steam call a couple hours following my visit to the fishy webpage, though a few minutes into the call, something strange happened, and my screen began to spaz up a bit, segments turning grey and white and all sorts of stuff.

Accompanied by that was freezing, me not being able to do anything at all, not able to click and open programs, not even able to bring up the task manager (though trying to do so would just result in a black screen about a minute after pressing the keys, and then another 30 seconds after that would be an error message prompting me to restart) though the mouse would still visibly move about the screen, and the call was still active. At first, I assumed the computer just froze up and needed a good old reboot, so I did just that, though to my surprise, the exact same thing resumed to happen only a moment after loading up the desktop. So, at this point I was kind of like "Shit, I've run into a problem" so I looked into it a bit, tried to find a fix, though nothing was really applying to me.

I did virus scans and everything whilst in safe mode (safe mode would not freeze) but still, it came up with nothing. So eventually, I shoved everything I had done in the past two weeks on a USB, performed a system restore, everything loaded back up, all fine and dandy, no more freezing. I had thought the system restore went through normally, until I began to check files which should have been lost, and discovered they still existed. Puzzled, I finally opened my eyes and realised there was a minimised error message, which stated that the system restore had actually failed, and didn't end up proceeding.

So... basically, the system restore did not do anything, yet, still, it fixed whatever it was that was that was freaking the computer out? Either way, that's a mighty mystery, though it appears to be gone now, hopefully for good. Just considering the fact I had visited that website on the day it happened, I thought this would be worth mentioning, though it was quite likely just some kind of software failure or something. Anyone else experience this? If not, may not have been the website at all.

Oh my god, with the amount of uneducated bullshit in this thread I'm surprised how some of you can breathe.

The site is blizzard.com, it cannot belong to anyone but Blizzard. It does not matter if it's https.

Spoofing has nothing to do with domain names, you can't do that - educate yourself before spreading FUD please.

Deleted
    The site is obviously legit.The fact that it has media.blizzard.com ( HTTP or HTTPS makes no difference in this case) it means that the subdomain media. is part of the blizzard.com family.Take youtube for an example or most websites, when you enter from a mobile phone the subdomain changes to m.youtube.com , m. meaning that you are on a mobile device.Same case here but media. it's used for storing their stuff, most of the images come from media.blizzard.com.

Seriously, quit about discussing the legitimacy of this website and do a search on google instead of showing off your 'knowledge' here.

As for the image..it shows a WoW Started Edition License so I doubt the rest will get anything.

Deleted
    fake link is fake lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    >Free playtime
    >Pad numbers

Wat.

You have to be subbed to count.
    If the deal is you get the game for free and also get the free month with it then they can indeed be counted as subscribers.

World of Warcraft’s Subscriber Definition

World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees’ territories are defined along the same rules.

Assuming that is the way the deal works then they will almost certainly mitigate some big losses. Well played Blizzard!

Its not a fake link.....a blizzard employee blue poster acknowledged the page as being an email link sent to other blizzard customers they are inviting to try wow free for a month......

I always find it particularly insulting that Blizzard gives free game time to people who stop playing their games, and nothing to people who have been subscribed for long periods of time without interruption.

I get why they do it ($$$) but it's in poor taste, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I always find it particularly insulting that Blizzard gives free game time to people who stop playing their games, and nothing to people who have been subscribed for long periods of time without interruption.

I get why they do it ($$$) but it's in poor taste, imo.
    I don't think you know what "poor taste" means.

It's marketing, champ.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    This topic is still going? Well, I may as well post a strange experience I had yesterday. Mind you, what I am about to say may have absolutely nothing to do with this page, though just in case. Basically, I had entered a Steam call a couple hours following my visit to the fishy webpage, though a few minutes into the call, something strange happened, and my screen began to spaz up a bit, segments turning grey and white and all sorts of stuff.

Accompanied by that was freezing, me not being able to do anything at all, not able to click and open programs, not even able to bring up the task manager (though trying to do so would just result in a black screen about a minute after pressing the keys, and then another 30 seconds after that would be an error message prompting me to restart) though the mouse would still visibly move about the screen, and the call was still active. At first, I assumed the computer just froze up and needed a good old reboot, so I did just that, though to my surprise, the exact same thing resumed to happen only a moment after loading up the desktop. So, at this point I was kind of like "Shit, I've run into a problem" so I looked into it a bit, tried to find a fix, though nothing was really applying to me.

I did virus scans and everything whilst in safe mode (safe mode would not freeze) but still, it came up with nothing. So eventually, I shoved everything I had done in the past two weeks on a USB, performed a system restore, everything loaded back up, all fine and dandy, no more freezing. I had thought the system restore went through normally, until I began to check files which should have been lost, and discovered they still existed. Puzzled, I finally opened my eyes and realised there was a minimised error message, which stated that the system restore had actually failed, and didn't end up proceeding.

So... basically, the system restore did not do anything, yet, still, it fixed whatever it was that was that was freaking the computer out? Either way, that's a mighty mystery, though it appears to be gone now, hopefully for good. Just considering the fact I had visited that website on the day it happened, I thought this would be worth mentioning, though it was quite likely just some kind of software failure or something. Anyone else experience this? If not, may not have been the website at all.
    I guarantee it had nothing to do with the website. Chances are based on your description you had an issue with your video card drivers. Could have come from automatic Windows update or from a manual update that didn't finish correctly. Either way I would suggest going to the manufacturer's website for your brand of graphics card and verify you are running the current driver version. If you are, I would check windows update and see if there is a pending driver update, and if there is I would hide that update to prevent it from reinstalling and causing a repeat issue.

Hope it helps!

10+ Year Old Account
    My keys t.t