Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know where people live, but I'm gonna burn the White House anyway! I'm sure they have it coming for one reason or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I have a new one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G84iG3Ny3o

It's generic enough to be applicable to everybody, cause it's Canada taking over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    I don't know where people live, but I'm gonna burn the White House anyway! I'm sure they have it coming for one reason or another.
    I'm fairly sure he was talking about the people in the Middle East who specifically called for death to Canadians and Australians and lumped you both in with the French.

Which might be two affronts, depending on whether or not you Albertans agree with what I've heard from British Columbians.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't looked too much into that issue, though I have heard it. I'm a bit of recluse, I haven't heard anybody else talking about it. What are the people in BC saying now?

What are the people in BC saying now?
    Well, it's not related to the first part. I'm not sure how widespread it is, but the few people I've met from BC made it seem like many of you aren't fond of the French. Or, at the very least, French-Canadians. I'm not sure how much of a distinction there is to you guys, or how unified the provinces are with regards to each other, though.
    Last edited by Reticence; 2014-09-29 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    Well, it's not related to the first part. I'm not sure how widespread it is, but the few people I've met from BC made it seem like many of you aren't fond of the French. Or, at the very least, French-Canadians. I'm not sure how much of a distinction there is to you guys, or how unified the provinces are with regards to each other, though.
    Alberta has a bit of discrimination towards the Francophones of our country, but I personally have no real issues. To be honest, a lot of the time Alberta as a whole seems to have a bit of a hate on for the rest of Canada as a whole.

For me, French people and French Canadians are definitely different.

Alberta is a conservative stronghold in Canada (based on the parties available in Canada anyway), we've elected a Progressive Conservative government every election since 1971. The closest we've come to not having them win the election was against another party who said they weren't conservative enough. We also have oil, country music, apparently have some measure of pride in our beef, like cowboys (an extension of country music perhaps?) and probably a bunch of other stuff. I generally think of Alberta as the Texas of Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect part of the reasons for a general dislike of the rest of Canada includes them taking our money (the provinces pay into some system and the federal government gives the money out to the provinces based on need, and Alberta has been for a long time one who puts in and gets nothing out), and Alberta being generally more conservative than the rest of the country.

I suppose more specifically anglophones (and AB specifically) may dislike Quebec because they feel that they disrespect English speakers through various means and frequently speak of separating from Canada despite how they are fairly reliant on the previously mentioned equalization payments from the rest of Canada. Frequently you will hear the sentiment that we should just let the secede and watch them go bankrupt.

Interesting.

Texas of Canada.
    I suppose more specifically anglophones (and AB specifically) may dislike Quebec because they feel that they disrespect English speakers through various means and frequently speak of separating from Canada despite how they are fairly reliant on the previously mentioned equalization payments from the rest of Canada. Frequently you will hear the sentiment that we should just let the secede and watch them go bankrupt.
    See, this is how many of us see Texas.

apparently have some measure of pride in our beef
    Minus this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only mention the Beef thing because places tend to advertise AAA Alberta Beef, at least here anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

And Alberta has on occasion expressed the desire to separate as well.

I only mention the Beef thing because places tend to advertise AAA Alberta Beef, at least here anyway.
    I'd believe it, though, prairie province and all.

And Alberta has on occasion expressed the desire to separate as well.
    Hah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Dyra's reaction in the dead thread when she saw the consigliere role...

And she didn't even know I got stuck with that role again!

I swear game mods want me to be lynched with a majority 29-1 vote one of these games. My own teammates aren't ever going to trust me again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who made the K-pop star role btw? I loved that. I might take it and use it on my K-pop game with some minor tweeks.

- - - Updated - - -

And speaking of using it in other games, I hope to see several of these roles used again. A lot of unique and fun roles came up here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Who made the K-pop star role btw? I loved that. I might take it and use it on my K-pop game with some minor tweeks.

- - - Updated - - -

And speaking of using it in other games, I hope to see several of these roles used again. A lot of unique and fun roles came up here
    I believe it was Robo who made it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that's surprising
    I was thinking maybe Pistol heh.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I believe it was Robo who made it.
    And I hate him for it. I had so many failed recruitments it gave me the sads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that's surprising
    I was thinking maybe Pistol heh.
    Indeed it certainly was me. I don't care about K-Pop myself, but I figured I'd throw in a role for you guys. Oh, and it's K-Pop Diva, not star. I could have just as easily named it Pop Diva, Rock Star, Country Legend, or any other variant of musician combined with a musical theme, but I figured a few people would appreciate the K-Pop moniker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    And I hate him for it. I had so many failed recruitments it gave me the sads.
    Hey, you won, didn't you?

- - - Updated - - -

You never even dropped below 50% chance, that really is bad luck. Part way through the game I realized that I probably should have put 50% as the minimum chance so as to avoid going too low, but it turns out that wasn't a problem....you trying to recruit those getting killed was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely appreciated it

- - - Updated - - -

Listo I love your new avatar!

Listo I love your new avatar!
    wow what about mine

Holy shit we won. D: I wasn't expecting that! Damn fine job by the Mafia who -didn't- get slaughtered in the second night. And of course all the other 3rd party scumbuddies floating around.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

The intermission game has started and I think most of the discussion about this game has died down so I'll go ahead and lock this thread