Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Machete attack in the US

After seeing the thread recently about the machete attack on the elderly UK lady, it was kind of strange to see this pop up on my news feed:

http://abc7chicago.com/news/7-charge...attack/301518/

"A 26-year-old Jefferson Park man and his 17-year-old brother were waiting for the train shortly after midnight Monday when a group of four men and three teens approached them and asked them to flash gang signs. When the brothers refused and stated they were not part of a gang, police say 18-year-old Mario Elvira pulled out a machete and struck the 26-year-old victim in the head."

At least the swing did not behead him, but it did quite a bit of damage:

"The attack caused a gash 6 inches long and 1 1/2 inches deep, which required more than 30 stitches to close."

All for not knowing local gang signs. What in the hell is wrong with the people that did this. "We are not in a gang" "TO BAD!!!"

Sadly, the juveniles will probably not even be punished: "two 15-year-old males and one 15-year-old female" even though they were involved in it.

At least they caught the people that did it, and it was an interracial gang (As far as you can tell from the somewhat grainy picture) so nobody can scream racism this time.
    You're a towel.

Gangs can't afford guns? Is the economy that bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has literally nothing to do with guns, please for the love of anything holy or important in the world, don't start because if you do, then the "If only the victims had guns" crowd will come in, and the thread will be officially ruined.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

At least they caught the people that did it, and it was an interracial gang (As far as you can tell from the somewhat grainy picture) so nobody can scream racism this time.
    Actually I can if the brothers were white, since the suspects appeared to be Mexicans and Blacks.

This thread has literally nothing to do with guns, please for the love of anything holy or important in the world, don't start because if you do, then the "If only the victims had guns" crowd will come in, and the thread will be officially ruined.
    Its a thread about violence. What do you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

it's mmochamp off topic you know it's gona happen either way

On topic: siiiiiiiiiiiigh dickheads throwing their life away.

Live a couple of blocks from there

Burn them all

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Guns control themselves now. Must have been Obama's plan all along.

A machete sends a much more brutal message to people then a gun.

I am so glad i do not live in a city. I cannot imagine raising children where this shit is commonplace.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what you get when you can buy machetes in Wallmart like they're potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    Live a couple of blocks from there

Burn them all
    Yeah my crash pad is just on the other side of the highway from that train station. I'm often there late at night or super early in the morning. I've never felt unsafe. Must be a fluke thing...you know sometimes shit just happens.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    A machete sends a much more brutal message to people then a gun.
    That's right. It sends the message that if you carry a gun most likely you wont be the one getting stiches sewn.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    I am so glad i do not live in a city. I cannot imagine raising children where this shit is commonplace.
    People cleaving other people's skulls with machetes isn't a real common occurrence in cities.

Gang violence is pretty common though.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    That's right. It sends the message that if you carry a gun most likely you wont be the one getting stiches sewn.
    Sure, if you have time to draw before they swing. Unless you're shooting everybody who comes within 20ft of you, chances are they're gonna be within melee distance of you.

Anyway, using a machete is more personal, more savage, and more shocking. It's in general a lot more intimidating then just simply shooting someone.
    Last edited by Notchris; 2014-09-10 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    People cleaving other people's skulls with machetes isn't a real common occurrence in cities.

Gang violence is pretty common though.
    Violence is what i was getting at, not machetes.

I would literally feel like i was committing a crime, if i lived in a city and had a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    The news media can't afford to cover this story like they've done with shootings either... because it doesn't push their gun agenda.

Deleted
    Fucking atrocious, same levels of hostility from white/mixed "gangs" (if you will) over in the UK, albeit nothing as severe as a machete attack...

Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    Violence is what i was getting at, not machetes.

I would literally feel like i was committing a crime, if i lived in a city and had a child.
    That's silly and an overreaction. Most people live in a city their entire lives and never are the victim of random violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised anymore. The World is going to hell. People say it's getting better, but it's just getting worse...
    Because things like this never occurred before this?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised anymore. The World is going to hell. People say it's getting better, but it's just getting worse...
    there will always be shit heads. The thing is, us non shit heads greatly outnumber the shit heads. When that is reversed I'll agree that the world is going to hell. Until then...its not.