Poll: Do you find straight men comfortable enough to go to a gay bar more attractive?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Simple question. I'm curious if women who met a straight guy in a gay bar would find him more attractive than usual due to how comfortable he is with himself, or less attractive?
    I'm pretty use that since they are at a gay bar yet would be lesbians, and not find you attractive.

Would any straight guy in here not go to a gay bar even if the bar was awesome?
    Mother pus bucket!

I dont go to bars so.. is it a thing? Straight man going to gay bars? what for?
    I think it would be less atractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold, good people! I am the protestant whore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4v-_p5dU34

Deleted
    2 words... HEN PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Would any straight guy in here not go to a gay bar even if the bar was awesome?
    That depends, is it a bar that just happens to be a frequent meeting place for gay hookups or is it a really really gay place that happens to have a bar?

Deleted
    I guess it is a sort of win-win-win situation.

Gays/lesbians go to pick up other gays/lesibans.

Straights go for the ego boost (how many gays/lesbians will hit on them) Also, straight people can have fun at gay bars

Women particular would go to a male gay bar just for fun and no sexual tension between men I guess. They know (or expect) not to be hit on but still have fun with their friends and guys.

Im ofc just generalising but thats how I see it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myx View Post
    Women particular would go to a male gay bar just for fun and no sexual tension between men I guess. They know (or expect) not to be hit on but still have fun with their friends and guys.
    Yeah. I'm also thinking that, in the event that a lesbian woman would hit on them, rejecting a woman's advance might feel less intimidating than rejecting a man's. Saying this from my PoV as a shy skinny woman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    Yeah. I'm also thinking that, in the event that a lesbian woman would hit on them, rejecting a woman's advance might feel less intimidating than rejecting a man's. Saying this from my PoV as a shy skinny woman.
    Some lesbians are scarier than men!

Is this a lesbian gay bar or a guy gay bar?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Story on reddit about a guy who was straight but always went to a gay bar with is his friends. Guys he met there would say hello to him on the street thinking he was gay until one day he had a girl by him and we'll the guys just laughed it off and said they'll buy him drinks next time he's around.

Gay people always have more interesting personalities in my personal experience. Except Rich, he's extraordinary.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    Story on reddit about a guy who was straight but always went to a gay bar with is his friends. Guys he met there would say hello to him on the street thinking he was gay until one day he had a girl by him and we'll the guys just laughed it off and said they'll buy him drinks next time he's around.

Gay people always have more interesting personalities in my personal experience. Except Rich, he's extraordinary.
    What, Rich is gay? Sometimes it seems that everyone here is gay :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    Is this a lesbian gay bar or a guy gay bar?
    They are often one and the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    What, Rich is gay? Sometimes it seems that everyone here is gay :P
    I am not gay but my boyfriend is.

So if I as a straight man went to a gay bar to pick up straight women...how would I go about identifying myself? I mean if clearly they're there to avoid being hit on, it would seem counter-productive for me to go and hit on them. So do I just wear shirts with overtly sexual messages on them? Or do they hand out like hats at the front door with flashing blue lights on? How do I avoid attracting unwanted attention for my enormous member from the male patrons?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted to meet a straight guy, I;d go to a normal bar. If I just wanted to hang around gay people or not want to have to deal with straight men, Id go to gay bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Simple question. I'm curious if women who met a straight guy in a gay bar would find him more attractive than usual due to how comfortable he is with himself, or less attractive?
    Why is a straight guy going to gay bars in the first place?

Is he going with a gay friend?

Posing as gay to wingman for a gay friend?

Posing as gay to blackmail another spy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    So if I as a straight man went to a gay bar to pick up straight women...how would I go about identifying myself?
    Wear a handkerchief in your back trouser pocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had fun at a gay bar the one time I went. Accompanied two of my lesbian friends with my brother and it was quite...entertaining. People were nice, everyone understood hey they're straight and I didn't get hit on I think they were more shocked two guys like my brother and I would even step foot in a gay bar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If I wanted to meet a straight guy, I;d go to a normal bar
    Confirmed, Crissi thinks gays aren't normal. Homophobe uncovered!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    So if I as a straight man went to a gay bar to pick up straight women...how would I go about identifying myself? I mean if clearly they're there to avoid being hit on, it would seem counter-productive for me to go and hit on them. So do I just wear shirts with overtly sexual messages on them? Or do they hand out like hats at the front door with flashing blue lights on? How do I avoid attracting unwanted attention for my enormous member from the male patrons?
    It should be mandatory for straight people in gay bars to wear blue hats with a big S on the front.