Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They used to have a mod that auto released in BGs(I think it was DBM not sure though). I don't see how this would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    If you have to ask yourself this question is probably not the right thing to do.
    This is a pretty good way to look at things in general. "I wonder if this shirt is acceptable work attire?" Nope, don't do it. If your spidey sense is tingling about the legality or immorality of an action, it's probably doing that for a reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    They used to have a mod that auto released in BGs(I think it was DBM not sure though). I don't see how this would be different.
    Because Blizzard is in control of the Lua addon system. When people find creative ways to make addons that do that, Blizzard changes the system so they no longer work. There is currently *no way* to do this with an addon. Functions like this are protected, which means they are able to be accessed by mouse click only, not clicked automatically by an addon. Yes, in the past, people have found ways to do things with the addon system Blizzard didn't intend. This is why Blizzard changes the system over time, so addons can only do what they allow them to do. Any way to do what the OP is asking with an addon was broken by Blizzard long ago.

The only "addon" that would be able to do this would be a third party program that runs outside the game client, meaning a bot.

Auto Releasing Spirit upon death isn't a protected function. You can find it in the DBM PVP options to turn it on for BGs. It's Blizzards discretion whether they decide to make a function protected or not. Originally, accepting LFD/LFR queues wasn't protected, but they chose to hotfix that after that addon that did it got around and players were joining them AFK.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-09-16 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Mouseover is built into the game. You can do that without any addons whatsoever. What's not allowed (and what was broken, in this case) was having addons making decisions for you, i.e. you press the button and it automatically decurses whoever needs it. With mouseovers you still have to choose a target, so it's fine.
    Except making decisions for you is totally fine, blizzard has ingame methods for this (or at least did last anyone I know bothered to use it), prominent addons use them, etc.

Vuhdo and decursives functionality was removed though, under some grey area inbetween. It would smart dispel if someone required dispelling, it would rez if they required rezzing, and it would heal based on their hp % if set up correctly all on the same mouseover or click.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    yeah it is but who cares

nowadays they can even ban your account if you have multiple accounts all your achievments will still be there and that's what matters

Deleted
    It would be totally handy to have somebody use a script to post 'Look, a jaylock thread' automatically as the first response. I couldn't find anything in 'The Forum Rules/FAQ' that would indicate that a script like this would be illegal. And it would be meant in a positive way, as when in the bathroom, making a sandwich, picking up their daughter from soccer practice, doing laundry, people don't necessarily have time to type 'That is a novel and smart idea and will lead to fruitful discussion' manually.

However if it actually was, we could have another script to automatically infract users of the first script.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except making decisions for you is totally fine, blizzard has ingame methods for this (or at least did last anyone I know bothered to use it), prominent addons use them, etc.

Vuhdo and decursives functionality was removed though, under some grey area inbetween. It would smart dispel if someone required dispelling, it would rez if they required rezzing, and it would heal based on their hp % if set up correctly all on the same mouseover or click.
    I suppose you're referring to the basic decisions macros can handle, like "Cast x if in y form, otherwise cast z" or "Cast x if target is friendly or y if target is hostile", which is a fair point. It's the decision-making that really affected gameplay that was broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Autoclicker over the region where the yes button is supposed to be. None the wiser.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

7+ Year Old Account

Addons can still do this, but *only when out of combat*. As soon as you enter combat, those functions are protected so it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    If you can do it with an addon: It's legal until Blizzard decides to break that functionality.
    It is, however illegal to do it with a macro, bot, or whatever else.
    That's kind of silly that it's legal for addons to do it, yet you're able to do it with macros?

I don't know that's what Im getting from your statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care if a bot was in my LFD group as I just am their for the valor or JP and can easily solo it usually other people just get in the way I want to pull my groups so i can maximize the speed of the run.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    It's jaylock.. just walk away

Infracted.
    Pretty much this.

Obviously its against ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Use Razer or Logitech scripts for this. Apparently gaming companies don't care you macro stuff as long as it's done by Razer and Logitech hardware.
    Don't know about that, one could come up with some pretty good macros with those devices even have both a Logitech gaming keyboard and Razor mouse macros working in tandem that I am sure Blizz would object to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    WoW is filled with bots. It's not uncommon to join a bg and have half your team follow the exact same pixel-perfect patrol route. Blizzard just don't act.

I would not be even the slightest bit concerned about such an addon, while LFR, BGs, LFD etc continue to be infested with bots.
    And yet botting forums are filled with threads of players complaining about being banned for botting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Use Razer or Logitech scripts for this. Apparently gaming companies don't care you macro stuff as long as it's done by Razer and Logitech hardware.
    100% false.

- - - Updated - - -

Comprehension skills help, as does not slicing up my post for your point.

Both Vuhdo and Decursive used to auto-dispel.
    Addons automate nothing and can only do what Blizzard specifically allows. Addons simply change how we interact with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering satchelqueue is a legitimate addon, does something similar (auto queueing/unqueueing for CTA satchels) and hasn't had any issues i don't think an addon accepting queue would be wrong.. but who knows blizzard is funny about some things.

Deleted
    If you have to make an article titled "is this against the ToS" then it's 99.999999999999% likely it is and you should just delete the thread and not do whatever you was planning on

If you got a Razor mouse, make a macro that left clicks on your screen where the popup for accept is every 15 seconds or so.

Deleted
    If you logout, and log back in within a few minutes, your queue position is still there.

So if you really need to be afk for just 2 mins. Log out.
    That doesnt work for going away for 20 mins though, and rightfully so. Not sure how long you can stay offline. I guess it's 5 mins?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are afk as in being out of house etc..... There's no point to get into a queue at all...
    What's it gonna do other than another inactive body inside an LFR instance leeching off the group.

Auto addons aka bots are against the TOS, quite simple...
    There's a grey zone of help tools that are used for other purposes as well... Those are kind of in a blurred zone of being acceptable.
    I am using such tool to avoid getting disconnected from falling afk while camping certain rares. But that tool can literally just do simple stuff like executing a key command at a defined time, and not much more. It's not a bot that could do complex actions.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."