Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    while i can emulate FF7, i still bought it (on sale).

12€ for FF13 seems a very good release price. 15€ for FF4, i dunno, does not feel too good for such an old game.
    To be fair, the version of IV is the DS remake. It's roughly the same age as XIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    WHY?!

I mean, ffs, put the actually good ones on PC first. You remade X for PS4 and Vita, put it on fucking Steam
    Well, PC has 3, 4, 7 and 8 already, so they're working on it. Though I'd love the X/X-2 bundle ported to PC, been looking to pick that up for a while now.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2014-10-08 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    from what i understand, FF13 had his lip animation and CGI cutscene remade to lipsync to english audio.
    So having dual audio english/japanese would mean 2 diffferent game version pretty much.

Maybe that is the reason why only english is available.
    Don't care have two sets of animation then

For those interested in pre-ordering the game, GMG is currently offering a 25% off voucher that will be valid until the 30th of September. It looks like you also get 4 games and a 23% off voucher upon pre-order as well.

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/09/pre...e-receive.html

from what i understand, FF13 had his lip animation and CGI cutscene remade to lipsync to english audio.
    So having dual audio english/japanese would mean 2 diffferent game version pretty much.

Maybe that is the reason why only english is available.

- - - Updated - - -

so many game i have been told are terrible, but when i tried them i had fun. game like simcity, hitman absolution etc...
    so i now am doubtful about excessively violent reaction such as the one i quote. They seems to be full of passions, which usually implies the author has a precise idea on how the game should be and is close to anything else.
    Hmm I can understand that about the audio. I believe some other ones had the audio for both though.
    And yeah, don't listen to other people, and just find a game that sounds cool to you and looks interesting. Most things are subjective to the person.
    I find this especially true because of how livid Final Fantasy fans can get. Someone else's opinions on the games always spoiled the mood for me and never added anything. If I listened to those criticisms there would probably be a lot of things I loved that I would have missed.
    /endrant

__

I do hope it has gamepad support though.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    For those interested in pre-ordering the game, GMG is currently offering a 25% off voucher that will be valid until the 30th of September. It looks like you also get 4 games and a 23% off voucher upon pre-order as well.

Eh, already grabbed it on Steam. It's 10% off there anyway. Most of those free games are Eve, so not really diverse for people pre-ordering games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post

I do hope it has gamepad support though.
    There's no reason why it shouldn't. Have the older Final Fantasy games had controller support?

Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post

This is a really good deal and is what I ended up doing. For $10.80 (using the 25% discount code) you get:

- Final Fantasy XIII key
    - Gun Monkeys key
    - Sanctum key
    - Canyon Capers key
    - EVE Online + addons keys
    - $4.88 in GMG credit if you participate in the PlayFire Rewards system for 3 of the 4 free games (8 days left)
    - 23% discount code valid till Oct-3

The 25% discount code ends in about 8 hours of this posting. Jump on it if you are interested in FF XIII pre-purchase.

EDIT:

With your credit, buy the Nosgoth Veteran Pack for $1.64 and play it for the first time using the PlayFire Rewards system to get credited $1.64, making it effectively free. (3 days left)
    Last edited by Woogs; 2014-09-30 at 06:59 AM.

holy crap 60gb? does the game include ALL the languages or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Whoa!

FF XII is 4 GB, if FF XIII was like FF XII but 15 times bigger in content, and not just in size, that would be quite a fantastic game.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    It was already the full 50 gb on a ps3 blue ray. It was less on 360 as the cutscenes where compressed to hell and back and looked like crap.

If they added in Japanese audio as well that alone probably adds the extra 10gb.

Deleted
    50gb to download.That sucks even with preload.

Its a 50gb download, the other 10 needs to be free space for the installation files and such. Regardless, 50gb is still one hell of a big game. I'm more disappointed that Valve haven't allowed it to be preloaded before now though, they probably had their reasons, but getting everything sorted 24h before launch is a tall order.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    FF XII is 4 GB, if FF XIII was like FF XII but 15 times bigger in content, and not just in size, that would be quite a fantastic game.
    I'd prefer quality over quantity. 15 times better than FFXII would probably be good enough to glue me to my monitor for the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If they added in Japanese audio as well that alone probably adds the extra 10gb.
    I really doubt its going to be Japanese audio. I'm not sure why people are making a fuss about it, there's the option to buy the Japanese PC version if you really wanted it. Not to mention that sooner or later someone is probably going to make a mod to let you use the Japanese Audio, having it as part of the product by default is just adding unnecessary bloat to an already huge download.
    Last edited by StrawberryZebra; 2014-10-08 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Its a 50gb download, the other 10 needs to be free space for the installation files and such. Regardless, 50gb is still one hell of a big game. I'm more disappointed that Valve haven't allowed it to be preloaded before now though, they probably had their reasons, but getting everything sorted 24h before launch is a tall order.
    Generally installation requires 2x of the needed space because you're taking the install pack > installing it > removing all installation files.
    There are other ways, but it's more prone to corruption and not having the required files to double check.
    I really doubt its going to be Japanese audio. I'm not sure why people are making a fuss about it, there's the option to buy the Japanese PC version if you really wanted it. Not to mention that sooner or later someone is probably going to make a mod to let you use the Japanese Audio, having it as part of the product by default is just adding unnecessary bloat to an already huge download.
    Where?

Doesnt steam download and install at the same time? the only time i see steam sucking a lot of space is when is updating a game because its first back up the file then update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt steam download and install at the same time? the only time i see steam sucking a lot of space is when is updating a game because its first back up the file then update.
    No, you can find the installation files is where they download to before installed/moved to the common folder. It depends on the games though. Some games just download the entirety without it being in some sort of installation format.
    :Steam\steamapps\downloading

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, PC has 3, 4, 7 and 8 already, so they're working on it. Though I'd love the X/X-2 bundle ported to PC, been looking to pick that up for a while now.
    Agreed! X/X-2 would be very welcome. I wish I knew why they hate 6 so much. Gimme

I fail at replying to posts >>

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post

I'd prefer quality over quantity. 15 times better than FFXII would probably be good enough to glue me to my monitor for the next 5 years.

DL size does not = install size. DLs are compressed, then unpacked when installed. The final install size is always bigger then the download size.

The fact it's bigger then the ps3 version means square added something to it, and I highly doubt they took the time to put in higher quality textures for some $15 port job.

Also "buy japanese version" If you buy the JP version you get full JP, not just JP voice overs with subtitles. Your "solution" isn't even close, unless you are fluent in JP in which case you wouldn't give a crap about subtitled versions or not you would just get all JP versions.

Lastly lol @ you complaining about bloat in a download of a game that has full 1080p cgi movies out the wazzoo and uncompressed audio all over the place. Maybe you picked the wrong game to buy if you have an issue with that.

I just wish they would release ports of 5, 6, 9, and 10 so I can complete the collection. There is a good chance of 5 and 6 at least as they can port the android versions. Emulation wont really work like Sega does for their titles as square does not own the hardware.
    Last edited by delus; 2014-10-09 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    DL size does not = install size. DLs are compressed, then unpacked when installed. The final install size is always bigger then the download size.

The fact it's bigger then the ps3 version means square added something to it, and I highly doubt they took the time to put in higher quality textures for some $15 port job.

Also "buy japanese version" If you buy the JP version you get full JP, not just JP voice overs with subtitles. Your "solution" isn't even close, unless you are fluent in JP in which case you wouldn't give a crap about subtitled versions or not you would just get all JP versions.

Lastly lol @ you complaining about bloat in a download of a game that has full 1080p cgi movies out the wazzoo and uncompressed audio all over the place. Maybe you picked the wrong game to buy if you have an issue with that.
    Most downloads now a days are getting pretty damn big.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi