Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TehCrab View Post
    Thats always one thing I've wondered, how does using MB help with AA uptime when your removing an ability (solace) which helps/forces you to use it off CD and as a sideeffect get Evangelism stacks?

Not disputing, legitimately I've always used Solace from day one and never made the switch (back in Highmaul/BRF with lower Haste values it was determined Solace was better, and just never changed through HFC prog), so if it does indeed help with Evang stacks I may look into it. For me, I've always had an issue with holding AA until 5, and I think thats an issue of mine.
    Instead of using solace on cd, you just use HF on cd (Holy fire turns into solace when talented, so its not being "removed"). Its bascially the same aside from that its ok to delay or not cast HF compared to solace wich you are forced to cast to get good mana return. Also helpful if you cast penance offensive more often and dont need those 3 solace casts.

But Pearl is right, most priest ive seen using solace got a terrible uptime, everytime there is a disc asking for help and hes using solace its always a low uptime compared to those who use Mindbender, cause its just easy to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Instead of using solace on cd, you just use HF on cd (Holy fire turns into solace when talented, so its not being "removed"). Its bascially the same aside from that its ok to delay or not cast HF compared to solace wich you are forced to cast to get good mana return. Also helpful if you cast penance offensive more often and dont need those 3 solace casts.

But Pearl is right, most priest ive seen using solace got a terrible uptime, everytime there is a disc asking for help and hes using solace its always a low uptime compared to those who use Mindbender, cause its just easy to keep up.
    I use solace and have a fairly good uptime, at the worst its 55%, usually up around 65-70%. But looking at it statitcally mindbinder seems to give more mana back. That and HF is not required to be cast ,as long as you cast 5 HF/Smite combos during the duration AA will not change. It just changes Solace from having to be casted at the exact point of it coming off cd instead of prioritizing a heal and then just HF sometime shortly after. It seems to me mindbender might make more sense, however most priests run solace and it simply just confuses me if it provides more mana (similar dps). Like I don't NEED solace to keep my AA on cd at all times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    I use solace and have a fairly good uptime, at the worst its 55%, usually up around 65-70%. But looking at it statitcally mindbinder seems to give more mana back. That and HF is not required to be cast ,as long as you cast 5 HF/Smite combos during the duration AA will not change. It just changes Solace from having to be casted at the exact point of it coming off cd instead of prioritizing a heal and then just HF sometime shortly after. It seems to me mindbender might make more sense, however most priests run solace and it simply just confuses me if it provides more mana (similar dps). Like I don't NEED solace to keep my AA on cd at all times.
    Thats exacly what i said/ment

I cant prove if mindbender gives more mana back then solace, all i remember is a post long ago from Redsparowe comparing and calculating them with diffrent haste levels and mana costs/spell usage and if i remember right to her they weren´t that far apart from eachother until a certain haste percentage. But only with almost perfect usage of solace.

Mindbender surely does alot more dps then solace tho, especially with decent haste levels and using it with PI

But even so solace used to be used alot more at start of wod in HM and BRF, i guess most priests are just used to it and kept using it. Icy veins recommending solace over mindbender on progression might also be a factor. Even tho mindbender i also great for progress cause of the dps.

Its the same as tons of priests still using cascade when it has been bugged for months. People dont research or keep using what they are used to.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-07-04 at 09:22 AM.

Ah yea I have known about cascade being bugged for awhile and have not used it in...who knows how long. I will have to try to look up her post. I have not done much research or used icy-veins for disc. I just kind of came to the conclusion that MB seems to be more beneficial do to mana gains, dps, and GCDs used. Figured id confer with more experienced hands before making that final conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just kind of came to the conclusion that MB seems to be more beneficial do to mana gains, dps, and GCDs used. Figured id confer with more experienced hands before making that final conclusion.
    Well you came to the right conclusion.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

For a helm slot, is WF or Socket better?

10+ Year Old Account
    For a helm slot, is WF or Socket better?
    In general, socket is always better on all gear except weapons and trinkets. On weapons and trinkets WF is almost always better.
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    In general, socket is always better on all gear except weapons and trinkets. On weapons and trinkets WF is almost always better.
    Is that true with DSI? I almost feel like a socket is better there. For DP it definitely makes sense though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Is that true with DSI? I almost feel like a socket is better there. For DP it definitely makes sense though.
    I'm not 100% sure. Guess you would have to calculate the weights of both, I'd assume they would be close since its basically a stat stick. But then again, that is why I said "almost always" :P

I'm not 100% sure. Guess you would have to calculate the weights of both, I'd assume they would be close since its basically a stat stick. But then again, that is why I said "almost always" :P
    Fair point. I was just curious if you knew. I still haven't seen a WF or Socketed one drop >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Fair point. I was just curious if you knew. I still haven't seen a WF or Socketed one drop >>
    Rip. The first one I got was a bonus roll from our first (I think) kill and it was socketed :P.

Rip. The first one I got was a bonus roll from our first (I think) kill and it was socketed :P.
    Kindly jump off a cliff :P

On a side note this thread will be getting closed when the pre patch goes live, same with the other two threads.

After the prepatch will sockets now be better on weapons/trinkets since the gems are boosted to 200 stats and warforged basically stays the same. I'm assuming it would go WF>Socket>TF?

Since pre patch is officially out today, this thread will be closed and all future Disc Priest discussion moved here