10+ Year Old Account

Free Trial Guild Wars 2 - September 25th to October 1st

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...-september-25/

The Guild Wars 2 Free Trial Week
    begins September 25

For a limited time, play Guild Wars 2 for free and experience why Guild Wars 2 is the
    fastest selling MMO in history!*

The free trial begins at 12 a.m. PDT September 25, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT
    October 1, 2014.

We’ve opened up free trial account registration, so you can create an account now, download the
    game, and get ready to explore the world of Tyria on September 25!

If you participated in an earlier Guild Wars 2 free trial, you’re invited and your existing account
    will work for this trial too. Download the game now!

Have a question about the Guild Wars 2 free trial? Visit our Support Site.

*Based on initial 9 months physical and digital unit sales against PC pay-to-play games including North America,
    Europe, and Australasia. Source – DFC Intelligence

Info on trial account restrictions here:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post4438813
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-09-23 at 05:05 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to get back in to GW2 under the guise that I could level and eventually play my Necromancer in level 80 PvE content.

Bad decision is bad.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Help ol Gil Out View Post
    I tried to get back in to GW2 under the guise that I could level and eventually play my Necromancer in level 80 PvE content.

Bad decision is bad.
    A number of players argue they've made the leveling experience worse rather than better with the recent changes. But if you have the WoW mentality towards the game, you're probably not gonna enjoy it no matter what they do(besides make it into an exact clone of WoW, in which case it's not GW anymore anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    A number of players argue they've made the leveling experience worse rather than better with the recent changes. But if you have the WoW mentality towards the game, you're probably not gonna enjoy it no matter what they do(besides make it into an exact clone of WoW, in which case it's not GW anymore anyways).
    Those players are bitter idiots. The leveling is better now, especially for new players. I tried it out to see what the problem was and found that it only took me about an hour to get to level 15 (far faster than before). The new tutorial levels teach you far more about the game as well (especially if you're a new MMO player) than before which is very good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    If im not mistaken the leveling experience for older players has not been modified to a bigger extent, it was a bug that had most "tutorial stuff" obligatory for older players.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Those players are bitter idiots.
    No, because some people recognize that past the initial jump-up in levels you're slowed down more than you were before, due to the reduced growth in traits and stats over the level curve, making it take longer overall to get to cap. It's not an improvement, it's another nerf disguised as a QoL patch.

I'll let a few friends know about this... I hope we'll be able to play together since I have a GW2 account and all. Crossing my fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyTNGee View Post
    I'll let a few friends know about this... I hope we'll be able to play together since I have a GW2 account and all. Crossing my fingers!
    You don't have to be on the same server anymore(for PvE at least), thanks to Megaservers and the ability to join on map with party members.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    You don't have to be on the same server anymore(for PvE at least), thanks to Megaservers and the ability to join on map with party members.
    Then you can invite them to edge of the mists and if they are different colors you can butcher them in a display of friendship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Those players are bitter idiots. The leveling is better now, especially for new players. I tried it out to see what the problem was and found that it only took me about an hour to get to level 15 (far faster than before). The new tutorial levels teach you far more about the game as well (especially if you're a new MMO player) than before which is very good too.
    I just started leveling my second character, my first character I started when the game came out. I really do like the new leveling so far, I haven't gotten high enough to start searching for traits yet though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edited OP to include the info from the news page and links.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...-september-25/
    Valar morghulis

Game is perfectly playable - complainers will complain regardless what.

This 7 day free is good to get some friends into the game.