Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    One shouldnt have to conform just because its the norm.

For example: My dad was in Japan as was taken out by a few business guys. Apparently they called over a lady. Dad kept turning her down (because ya know, he's married), and she just got annoyed and left. He told me later that such things are somewhat normal when they take important foreign business guys out.

People have boundaries, even at parties. Respect that.
    I don't mind him not wanting to kiss her in principle, I completely respect that, but in that case he should have done as your father and rejected participating in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I don't mind him not wanting to kiss her in principle, I completely respect that, but in that case he should have done as your father and rejected participating in the first place.
    well from what you say, my father should have just rejecting being taken out at all, which is more analogous to you telling the guy in the OP to completely avoid such a game. Except there's more to going out in Jpan / participating in a truth or dare, like drinking! or spontaneous bad karaoke!

I like truth or dare, but Im not gonna go do something I'm completely against, like kiss another woman.

People have boundaries, even at parties. Respect that.
    I can confirm, that both I and your arms are not one of those people, or hands.

OT: I don't think we have the whole story here. Because people don't get annoyed/angry at people who say "No I don't want to do it" in these truth or dare games. Atleast not to my experience. Another thing, if he said "No, I'm sorry I don't want to kiss someone I don't know", then she will start crying and run off? Yeah right. So I think, it's more likely he said some snide comment and upset her, wich led to the others acting in her defence.

It's also one of those games where kissing, or other intimate actions with another person is almost always going to happen. So why would he join in? It's like getting in a the passenger seat in your friends car and when he starts driveing you're all upset becuase he is driveing even though you knew it would happen.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If we were slaves to our hard-wiring, every chance for sex you would take it.

Personally, I know I wouldn't, so that's going against instincts. It's also instinct to eat, yet people can starve themselves if they really want to.
    Yes, because you present only your limited point of view. If trapped, a fox will bite her leg off. Since fox doesn't have our intellect as a part of her hard-wiring, she can't plan long-term and she will die. The impulse behind a decision to starve is important, not the rationality of starvation itself. Lose fat and get pussy.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    If I was in the same scenario as the guy in OP's story, I would do the same thing. Middle School was a long time ago and I really don't feel like being peer pressured and monitored into pretty much anything, let alone a kiss with an attractive young woman.
    Peer pressure is a lifetime thing. Why not do something that clearly gives you some reward? If she's clearly attractive, why not?

15+ Year Old Account
    well from what you say, my father should have just rejecting being taken out at all, which is more analogous to you telling the guy in the OP to completely avoid such a game. Except there's more to going out in Jpan / participating in a truth or dare, like drinking! or spontaneous bad karaoke!

I like truth or dare, but Im not gonna go do something I'm completely against, like kiss another woman.
    Not at all, he was there on business, rejecting that would be silly and the situations aren't identical. I'm not saying he shouldn't go to the frat party, I'm saying that truth or dare at frat parties are notoriously used to get people to things of sexual nature. Since he was at such a part I can't imagine he would be oblivious to that, so he should have just not played the game.

Like you, I wouldn't do things in truth or dare that I'm against, like kiss a guy, but then again i'm playing with friends and not in a setting where kissing other guys is an implied part of every truth or dare. If I was, I wouldn't participate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't appreciate the stereotype that straight men can't be sexually selective, like we're just expected to run around leaving a trail of broken hearts and paternity suits on our way through life, banging everything that moves.

I think the problem here isn't with a guy not wanting to kiss a girl, it's with a generation that has grown up believing every generalization about sexuality that it's heard from stand-up comedians and prime-time cartoons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I don't appreciate the stereotype that straight men can't be sexually selective, like we're just expected to run around leaving a trail of broken hearts and paternity suits on our way through life, banging everything that moves.

I think the problem here isn't with a guy not wanting to kiss a girl, it's with a generation that has grown up believing every generalization about sexuality that it's heard from stand-up comedians and prime-time cartoons.
    A lot of people don't. more men are rejecting that notion;at least parts of it anyway.

Deleted
    Exactly, it's a game where the most common activity is to kiss someone you're not involved with.

"Want to play a party game? You know, the one where people are always asked to kiss someone"
    "I'm in!.. Oh, no, I'm not kissing her, I'm out"

It's a party game at a frat party, what did he expect?
    If would partake in something I'd expect people to respect that I don't want to partake in something I'm not comfortable with.

Don't worry, this guy will get thrown in jail for hitting her / accused of rape -- and it'll stick. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Child of Curiosity View Post
    If would partake in something I'd expect people to respect that I don't want to partake in something I'm not comfortable with.
    Then don't partake in something where it can be assumed that expectations conflict with your comfort?

15+ Year Old Account
    But if you're not comfortable with it, why partake in the first place? It's not like anyone is forced to play the game.

Deleted
    But if you're not comfortable with it, why partake in the first place? It's not like anyone is forced to play the game.
    You could have been comfortable with it from the start and then changed your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could have been comfortable with it from the start and then changed your mind.
    I guess I could be "comfortable" with skydiving until it's time to jump. Doesn't mean I shouldn't expect to get shit for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems weird to realize you don't like kissing strangers halfway through a drinking game at a frat party

Damnit Bigzo, beat me with one minute AGAIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I guess I could be "comfortable" with skydiving until it's time to jump. Doesn't mean I shouldn't expect to get shit for it.
    I don't see why you should get shit for not doing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems weird to realize you don't like kissing strangers halfway through a drinking game at a frat party
    So people shouldn't be allowed to say no and stuff, or change their minds once they've joined in?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why you should get shit for not doing something.
    Because you implied that you were going to do it and pussied out on your word?

10+ Year Old Account

Damnit Bigzo, beat me with one minute AGAIN
    but he was probably comfortable with the other aspects of dares at frat parties, like drinking, or humping a tree, or eating weird stuff!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Because you implied that you were going to do it and pussied out on your word?
    I can't understand why you would give someone shit for that if they change their mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    but he was probably comfortable with the other aspects of dares at frat parties, like drinking, or humping a tree, or eating weird stuff!
    Wat :s

Maybe my view of frat party drinking games is just too limited, I just always thought stuff like kissing was pretty much a guarantee in these things.