Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Oqueue's Final Update

http://solidice.com/forums/12/topic/...te-oqueue-v205

"It's been a crazy 2.5 years and we really appreciate the support everyone has shown. Now that blizzard will be embedding oQueue's core functionality into the game, and disabling a key function utilized by oQueue, oQueue should cease to function as of 6.0."

Big thanks to Tinystomper for maintaining one of the most significant addons in WoW's recent history. There have been ups and downs but oQueue provided many raiding and PvP opportunities that would not have been available otherwise.

Overall I'm thankful for oQueue but the updates and some features (which you couldnt even disable yourself) got annoying sometimes.

But still, thanks for creating an addon that made this past year bearable.

Props should be given. These guys made it possible for me to get my 7x9/9 CM Golds, all my alts at least SoO flex geared, a good number of RBGs, and much more. I, very likely, would not have gotten all that without OQ's help. If you're out there, Tiny, big thanks, man.

Even though I preferred openraid for PvE related stuff, oqueue really helped me get 2k+ rbg rating on both my mage and priest. I don't know how I would have done it without oqueue on my pve server.

Thanks for all the efforts Tiny, I know you read these forums!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic addon for epic game experience.

Deleted
    oQueue definitely saved the game for a lot of players. I just hope Blizzards version is just as good or better.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    oQueue definitely saved the game for a lot of players. I just hope Blizzards version is just as good or better.
    It is good.

OQ will never be forgotten

The concept behind oqueue was phantastic and the feature itself was really well done for an addon that adds a complete new feature to WoW that wasn't even part of the core-game, but oqueue itself was the only addon that i really despised. Especially the many many features that it had that nobody really needed; if it was only the group-finder feature it would be phantastic, but why do we need a mysterious box with alliance/horde-points on the screen (when i didn't even knew what this points meaned), why does it replace the character portraits with class portraits and so on.

I really are thankful to tiny for oqueue, but sorry, it was really a bloated addon with far too many features that had nothing to do with it's core feature. To have these feature is ok, but then it could be created modular, so that it would not confuse players.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2014-10-10 at 08:46 PM.

Oh yeah, there's no question that OQ was extremely bloated and poorly written, but it's a fantastic proof that none of that matters when it's the only option around and there's no room for any competition.

People will put up with an amazing amount of annoying, unrelated features to get what they want.

Deleted
    disabling a key function utilized by oQueue
    What does this refer to?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    OQ will never be forgotten
    Sure it will now that it's been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What does this refer to?
    I think something to do with, well, the underlying mechanic, of communicating via btag
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Thankfully this piece of crap is gone - the idea was fantastic the coding fucking bad - I mean ie im plementing annoying everyone on xmas with Jinggle Bells? do a Nazi Hail everytime you open oqueue?

What does this refer to?
    Probably that he isnt allowed anymore to ban people from oqueue he doesnt like

on the hand his updating the char screen to show gems & enchants was just brilliant!

thx hes moving that to a new addon: https://solidice.com/downloads/world-of-warcraft/ogear
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2014-10-11 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible dev, great addon. Mostly. It will be missed.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

What does this refer to?
    Automatic Friend Request

Without Oqueue I probably would have stopped playing WoW along time ago.

Big thanks to Tiny for updating and maintaining this addon over the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Thankfully this piece of crap is gone - the idea was fantastic the coding fucking bad - I mean ie im plementing annoying everyone on xmas with Jinggle Bells? do a Nazi Hail everytime you open oqueue?

Probably that he isnt allowed anymore to ban people from oqueue he doesnt like

on the hand his updating the char screen to show gems & enchants was just brilliant!

thx hes moving that to a new addon: https://solidice.com/downloads/world-of-warcraft/ogear
    If you have ElvUI, then you need to check out ElvUI Shadow & Light. Enable Armory Mode. Now that is brilliant.

Definite props to Tinystomper for this. It was an amazing tool, and he seemed to be patient with questions (even ingame) that came up on occasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

I stopped using OQ recently since I have a guild now, and I'm pretty much done with all the things OQ helped me to do. I didn't want to update, so I just disabled, and immediately missed the character screen gems/enchants/ilvl, so had to enable it again.

It's really good to see that this functionality will still be available. It's a wonder that this doesn't exist ingame by default.

Funny how a part time DJ/rapper in his 20's was able to make a better raid finder tool then Blizzard ever has in 5+ years.

RIP Oqueue. You belong with the legends like DBM, Recount, Skada, Xperl, and Battleground Targets