Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    HAHA you wouldn't be saying that shit if you got tased in your living room because some nosey neighbor called the cops for no other reason then they saw a black kid.
    I wouldn't be tased in my own home because if some police officers showed up in my home saying they didn't know who I was, and I told them I lived there, I would sit patiently while giving them my information to find that my name is linked to this mailing address, and not try to piss them off. 90% of all these cases start because the person in question was acting like a loon. I can click nearly any 'police abuse' video here on MMO champ, and see that the person who gets the short end of the stick is out of their damned mind before it happens. Yes, there are corrupt cops out there. No, most of them are not. If nothing else, the SYSTEM needs to change to actually punish the police officers that do step out of line. (And I mean actually stepping out of line, AKA shooting someone that had their hands up, not piddly shit like this that could be avoided)
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2014-10-08 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I'm still not seeing how any of this is the officer's fault that you decided to break traffic laws? I'll sit in plain sight in my marked SUV, and still get idiots who speed because they are just to preoccupied with their phone, or whatever the fuck else they are doing.
    Would you ever write one of your coworkers a ticket if you saw them breaking a traffic law?

Would you ever write one of your coworkers a ticket if you saw them breaking a traffic law?
    I give out more warning then i do tickets, so the point you are trying to reach won't work. Hard to say though, which law are they breaking, DUI, sure as fuck will. I know you like to think all we do is write tickets to each person we pull over, but we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    ^ This. I see clearly marked 'speed traps' all the time. People speeding 10 over slow down, pass the trap, then speed right back up. Unless there's a squad car every 3 blocks, which I'm sure you'd love to pay the taxes for, the only way to stop people from breaking the law or protect others from those that do, is to make it so if you're caught doing it, something happens that makes you not want to do it again.
    Maybe on an interstate, not in a residential area. Places with obvious speed traps get a reputation for having them and drive slowly through those areas. Also, those people are fucking idiots, where I live they often have one car in a readily visible location and another a few miles down hidden on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Maybe on an interstate, not in a residential area. Places with obvious speed traps get a reputation for having them and drive slowly through those areas. Also, those people are fucking idiots, where I live they often have one car in a readily visible location and another a few miles down hidden on the side.
    The visible is more than likely running radar, while the ones further down are the ones who will do the traffic stops.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I give out more warning then i do tickets, so the point you are trying to reach won't work. Hard to say though, which law are they breaking, DUI, sure as fuck will. I know you like to think all we do is write tickets to each person we pull over, but we don't.
    So you catch people breaking the law but only give a warning? That'll sure teach em...

So you catch people breaking the law but only give a warning? That'll sure teach em...
    Seems like you really just hate cops. To you they're obviously doing too much or too little. I personally got multiple felonies reduced to a misdemeanor just by being civil and working with the detectives. They're more good than bad, god help you if you get one of the bad ones though.

It actually does have a significant effect.

Most of the time it does actually. The heavy pay tickets are generally saved for people with bad attitudes or ones going heavily over the limit. Though this further shows they can't win.. Give a ticket, gawd cops only care about money, pigs! Don't ticket and give a warning, wow, that'l show them, lame.

Officers are called to YOUR home while you're gone, they arrive, someone is there that there's no pictures of that the neighbors said they don't know. Once they arrive, they find this stranger, and the stranger says he lives there. He has no proof, and he gets angry at the cops and may very well become violent due to it. The officers say 'Okay sir, you say you live here, we'll be on our way.' They leave, you come home an hour later and all your shit is gone.. The sheer amount of pissed you'd be that they let him go without checking would be insane. That's what you're saying the officers here should of done. Just puttin that out there.
    Faulty logic there.

You are arguing from a point of only two possible outcomes to "Police find strange man in house": Police arrrest strange man, or police accept strange man's word and leave. You do realise that there are a number of OTHER options, such as Police observe strange man in non threatening manner untill they can confirm weather he does or does not actually belong there, right? They dont have to immediately jump to "lay the smack down". But I guess Innocent untill proven guilty is now takes a back seat to "just be the wrong color in the wrong place".

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Faulty logic there.

You are arguing from a point of only two possible outcomes to "Police find strange man in house": Police arrrest strange man, or police accept strange man's word and leave. You do realise that there are a number of OTHER options, such as Police observe strange man in non threatening manner untill they can confirm weather he does or does not actually belong there, right? They dont have to immediately jump to "lay the smack down". But I guess Innocent untill proven guilty is now takes a back seat to "just be the wrong color in the wrong place".
    Except they did observe the man in as non threatening manner as they could, which is talking to him while either cuffed (Standard for an unknown possible thief) or seated with his hands visible (Another standard). According to what I've read on the situation, he was yelling at the police, swearing, insulting, and acting rather volatile. Sorry, you do that and you're asking for trouble. So yes, there are one of two ways the cops could do it. How the person there reacts makes all the difference. It's not like they kicked the door in and tased him, they talked with him until he became bitchy.

But, seeing as you feel the person can do no wrong in your book and only the police officers can do bad, probably pointless for me to try and make you understand that.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2014-10-08 at 10:37 PM.

reminds me of a dave chappelle bit

Well, at least they didn't shoot him this time.

Well i mean if he didnt want to get pepper sprayed, i guess he shouldnt of chosen his skin complexion or chosen to have foster parents that a white, or chosen to choose to live in that home-or atleast thats what certain people(conservatives) will say, but this is obviously racial profiling and TERRIBLE police training at its worst, the teen should be compensated and the police officer fired.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Well i mean if he didnt want to get pepper sprayed, i guess he shouldnt of chosen his skin complexion or chosen to have foster parents that a white, or chosen to choose to live in that home, or atleast thats what certain people(conservatives) will say, but this is obviously racial profiling and TERRIBLE police training at its worst, the teen should be compensated and the police officer fired.
    Wow, could you be any more bigoted? If he didn't want to be pepper sprayed, he shouldn't of flipped out at the cops and actually just relaxed until they ran their checks. He somehow had no ID along with a piece of mail to confirm the name? He didn't give them the time to crosscheck his name with where he's listed as living? Grow up man.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This isn't racially-motivated. Neighbors saw someone entering the home next door, someone they didn't recognize (the family had moved there only a few months ago) and called the police. When the police arrived they found a black teenager in a home that had pictures of an all-white family. They didn't recognize the kid and he had no way to prove he belonged in the house. When he got angry they pepper-sprayed him. Luckily his foster mother got home to clear up the confusion but I don't see any sign of it being racially motivated. A white dude in a house of a black family would be just as suspect.
    people need to mind their own goddamn business. i will let my neighbor's shit be stolen, i'll let them beat the hell out of each other, whatever, if it's there, it's their business and i expect them stay out of mine.

people just need to fuck off and worry about their own shit. people who report something like this that turns out bogus, even with good intentions, need to be ticketed. that will make people think twice. that's all we need, people to think twice. not once and then make a decision. you haven't truly thought about shit if you've only thought about it once.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, could you be any more bigoted? If he didn't want to be pepper sprayed, he shouldn't of flipped out at the cops and actually just relaxed until they ran their checks. He somehow had no ID along with a piece of mail to confirm the name? He didn't give them the time to crosscheck his name with where he's listed as living? Grow up man.
    presumed innocence =/= innocent after we check you out. you can lie all you want but no way in hell you'd be calm and prove who you were if you were sitting at home, minding your own business and cops knock on the door and demand id then call you a liar because you don't look like the family in the pictures. you'd be mad, i'd be mad, the cops would be mad if they were in that situation.

the problem is they require you to be dumb as shit to be a cop. blow that test up and they'll definitely not give you a patrol car, they want idiots with a herd mentality to be cops.

Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    people need to mind their own goddamn business. i will let my neighbor's shit be stolen, i'll let them beat the hell out of each other, whatever, if it's there, it's their business and i expect them stay out of mine.

people just need to fuck off and worry about their own shit. people who report something like this that turns out bogus, even with good intentions, need to be ticketed. that will make people think twice. that's all we need, people to think twice. not once and then make a decision. you haven't truly thought about shit if you've only thought about it once.

- - - Updated - - -

presumed innocence =/= innocent after we check you out. you can lie all you want but no way in hell you'd be calm and prove who you were if you were sitting at home, minding your own business and cops knock on the door and demand id then call you a liar because you don't look like the family in the pictures. you'd be mad, i'd be mad, the cops would be mad if they were in that situation.
    Yea, actually I would. If they came to my home, and didn't believe i lived there as I had 0 pictures of me anywhere yet there were pictures of the rest of my family, I'd show them my ID, I'd grab my phone, turn on the camera, have a seat if they allowed me, and wait quietly while they ran their checks. My ability to argue is not going to make several officers say 'Gee golly sir you're right, we're sorry'. The info coming back listing my name at this residence would.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad he wasn't shot instead.

There is no winning with you, you cry when cops shoot people screaming for " less force ", so this story they use pepper spray, and you are still crying. You cry about getting tickets, and when i state i issue more warning, you still bitch. Do you actually have a stance on a subject? Or do you waiver every chance you get? Because seriously, it's a tad annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'm so glad he wasn't shot instead.
    That's what is confusing me. Any thread you read about a cop shooting someone you always see this phrase " why didn't the cops just taze him or pepper spray him?" So when they FINALLY do, they STILL fucking cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    99% of these threads are from the USA. Strange how the UK the country that doesn't allow the public or police force (unless the are a special unit) to own / carry firearms never has these problems....
    Never?

http://stju.blogspot.com/2013/04/aga...ocent-man.html