Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't waste energy HATING games, but there are a few that I simply cannot enjoy.

Minecraft
    League of Legends
    Any FPS.
    Grand Theft Auto beyond the very first one. I enjoyed the first one quite a lot, but since then it's gone downhill from what I enjoy.

Other than that I am not one to gulp down games. I play a select few and most of them stick with me, WoW being the major one out of MMOs and Red dead redemption/the Jak & Daxter series being my console favs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Most indie games are the type of thing you would do for your Bachelors in CS project. They are almost always poorly coded and a carbon copy of some other game. Only the absolute most pretentious of indie developers actually thinks their shit is better than a AAA title.
    I can think of a couple...but not many.

Super Meat Boy is a damn solid game, and an indie title. I find it more enjoyable than a lot of AAA's.
    Dust is also a great Metroidvania style game....that was developed by a single person. Sadly it gets a lot of flack for its art style, even though it is beautifully drawn.

(I'd say Fez as well but...Phil Fish ruined that game for me.)

But the devs of both never thought theirs would actually be as good as they are. They were actually fairly humble about it. But yeah, 99.99% of indie titles aren't good....at all.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be hard to find a game I really hate. There are some games I can't wrap my head around, such as yearly CoD games, but the few CoD games I've played weren't bad. Just not my thing. The same applies to many other popular series.

I do have a hard time believing that you truly hate all of the games you listed, though, OP. There are some fantastic games in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vampzalt View Post
    Yet it generates money to be used on more than just moba servers?
    Good logic dude.
    The money that should get invested into better games goes in pocket of lazy programers. Mobas are easy too make.
    Thats why you got so many clones now.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Wouldn't say I hate these games, but I did not think they were interestingly designed. Or in some cases well designed...

Assassin's Creed (I only played two. Don't know the names.)
    Skyrim
    Dragon Age 1 & 2
    Borderlands 1
    Smash Bros. (Played several. Don't know titles.)
    Mortal Kombat (Entire series is terrible.)

10+ Year Old Account
    assassins creed..can't get into it...controls suck, combat is clunky, graphics aren't exactly great, story seems stupid...started playing the first one and got bored after the starter bit where you get demoted for killing the guy >.<

Minecraft..it's millions of blocks...you don't do anything except play with blocks... constantly... blocks...just blocks...

League of legend... not a fan of those type of games.....it's like an rpg from arial view except your character gets deleted every time you play and instead of doing anything fun you sit on a lane killing trash for hours on end.... :S

I seems to manage to get into games when i'm in the right frame of mind... like i hated borderlands when i first tried it..a few months later and i finished borderlands 1/2 and waiting for the pre sequel :S
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2014-10-09 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I don't know how it could possibly be "incredibly well written" when 90% of the dialogue consists of "fuck" and "diamond unicorn," their attempt at comedy never really did anything for me. I'll give the points for the art style but the plot has always been pretty damn generic, and the dialogue sophomoric.
    Again, have you played the game?
    Yes they curse, but its probably more like 10%, stop over exaggerating to make your point.
    Sophomoric is a pretty big word, are you sure you know what it means? Generic isn't really a big word, but I still don't think you know what it means. Please, point me to anything, be it a game/book/move/whatever that is anything remotely like borderlands. I'm going to blow your mind here, but comedy is incredibly subjective. Just because you don't find something funny doesn't mean it isn't funny to someone else.

These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    I don't hate or despise any games, I just don't play games I don't like.

Any moba(LoL, Dota2 etc.) really, it works for a bit then the community gets settled in and then it's just downhill from there..

Bioshock
    and all Mobas.
    And I don't even count hearthstone as a legitimate game. Its more like a side attraction they made in their spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    I know this has been done before but whatever..

What mainstream / popular video game franchises do you despise?

For me it is the following:

Call of Duty
    Assassins Creed
    Bioshock
    Fallout
    Elder Scrolls
    Deus Ex
    Diablo
    Starcraft
    Hearthstone
    Torchlight
    Total War
    Grand Theft Auto
    The Sims
    I wasn't aware that anything released by a AAA developer is considered mainstream, basically your thought-process goes something like "Is there a big name company behind this game? (I.E. Activition, EA etc.) If so then I fucking despise it." I wouldn't call Deus Ex, Torchlight, Total War or even Fallout "mainstream"... are you trolling us?

Anyway to stay on topic I'd like to add (from my last post) Minecraft as another mainstream game I despise.

Anything that is not challenging, I have an addiction with games with a high skill ceiling simple yet high skill is required.

I see a lot of hate with MOBA's while league is really dumbed down Dota 2 is a great competitive team game if your into story and characters this game is not for you, same with Counterstrike 1.6 I played that game for 10 years you cannot stop getting better there have been 5 main maps for years yet people still to this day find something new due to the game mechanics and the reason why communities are so bad with in these games is because its competitive so ego comes into play when people are better than others, when I play these types of games I don't see character models or story my brain just see's code and mathematics with and objective.

Anyone my dislike list

Any game that milks players for their money.

Everything by Blizzard post 2008, WoW and Diablo were once my favourite games until Blizzard went into corrupt mode, now I truly fucking hate and despise that company I loved Blizzard.

CoD
    CSGO
    BF
    WoW
    Diablo
    Heartstone
    League of Legends
    Halo 2 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    Everything by Blizzard post 2008, WoW and Diablo were once my favourite games until Blizzard went into corrupt mode, now I truly fucking hate and despise that company I loved Blizzard.

CoD
    CSGO
    BF
    WoW
    Diablo
    Heartstone
    League of Legends
    Halo 2 and beyond
    You obviously have not played D3 post-RoS where they completely undid all the bad mistakes they made with the game (such as the RMAH). It's actually good now.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    You obviously have not played D3 post-RoS where they completely undid all the bad mistakes they made with the game (such as the RMAH). It's actually good now.
    I concur. Vanilla D3 was bad, bland and boring, where as RoS is hilariously awesome.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    League of Legends. After having played it for over 2 years, I moved on to Dota 2 and haven't looked back since. Hero mechanics feel insanely watered down in League, compared to Dota.

Deleted
    I don't hate them but I can't really get into LoL or Dota 2 but for some reasone I love Smite. I think it's the isometric view and click-to-move thing mostly. Third person perspective with WASD movement like in Smite feels more 'natural' to me (I play mostly MMO's). I do enjoy watching bigger LoL/Dota tourneys on Twitch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I seriously couldn't careless, their intentions of robbing the customers were quite clear and that is enough for me I cannot continue to support a company who is as greedy as Blizzard.

The only reason why they change is because they lost many many customers they were forced to change if idiots still continued they wouldn't change it.

You call it a mistake it was not a mistake it was intentional.

If Diablo 3 Was PoE but with the Diablo story and style there is no doubt in my mind the player base would be absolutely blown away by Blizzards innovation, PoE was pretty much made by Diablo fans that are sick of Blizzards shit so they made their own.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    I seriously couldn't careless, their intentions of robbing the customers were quite clear and that is enough for me I cannot continue to support a company who is as greedy as Blizzard.

The only reason why they change is because they lost many many customers they were forced to change if idiots still continued they wouldn't change it.

You call it a mistake it was not a mistake it was intentional.

If Diablo 3 Was PoE but with the Diablo story and style there is no doubt in my mind the player base would be absolutely blown away by Blizzards innovation, PoE was pretty much made by Diablo fans that are sick of Blizzards shit so they made their own.

If you seriously think they were trying to rob people you are out of your mind. The whole thing was a test to see if legitimizing the selling of ingame goods would curb the use of illigitimate means such as those scam sites you see all over the place. And it actually WORKED but the gameplay suffered for it.

The reason they changed it was because of the outcry, yes...which proves they are listening to their player base. Blizzard is far from greedy, people just like to slap that term on a company when they actually try to do something crazy like make money. I mean....Businesses don't exist for that....right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Why you hatin' on the fighters?

(I really didn't see the big appeal of Skyrim, either. I don't say it often though, because people tend to get all ragey about it!)
    I actually really enjoy fighting games. In particular competitive tournament-class fighting games. I have even engaged in a few local tournaments in Los Angles and Chicago.

However, I do not believe the Smash Bros. or Mortal Kombat series of fighting games to me respectable, well designed or suitable for serious game play contemplation.

Lol/DoTA, pretty much any Moba except of Smite
    Darksiders II
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and yes, I love the original game)