Has anyone got any pointers on how to approach Kromog mythic yet as a Demo-cata (except for the hands phase, delicious aoe!)? atm i'm trying out non glyphed DS for it and only use a charge on Hands/pillar.

Only have gotten a few tries in our leftover raid time and tonight we're going for full progress on it so any tips would be great

in my personal experience, i find it very annoying that the big pillars don't spawn together, due to Doom-corr dotting (cd on meta )
    made by Shyama

I really can't find a concrete answer on when to use chaos wave. Some say never, others say only when your target needs to burned down immediately, and some say only when dark soul is up. What am I supposed to do with this spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruxa View Post
    Has anyone got any pointers on how to approach Kromog mythic yet as a Demo-cata (except for the hands phase, delicious aoe!)? atm i'm trying out non glyphed DS for it and only use a charge on Hands/pillar.

Only have gotten a few tries in our leftover raid time and tonight we're going for full progress on it so any tips would be great

in my personal experience, i find it very annoying that the big pillars don't spawn together, due to Doom-corr dotting (cd on meta )
    I'm progressing on that fight too and I'm rolling CR Destro.

I found it better damage spreading over the 3 main roles in that fight (Boss, Hands and Pillar).

It's something like this:

Cata Demo:

Hands: Great
    Boss: Weak
    Pillar: OK

ST Demo:

Hands: Weak
    Boss: OK
    Pillar: OK

CR Destro:

Hands: Great
    Boss: OK
    Pillar: Great

When Dark Soul is up or you need burst aoe (where a fully executed hog 2 stack won't run its full course) are the only times I use chaos wave.

I also tend to use non-glyph DS all the time if I'm not using DB. Also I'm not sure how fast your guild kills pillars, but our first one always dies so incredibly fast that I can't imagine it is worth putting doom up on it. If that's the case I'd probably start off putting corruptions on everything until 2nd pillar comes out, then swap to meta and stay in it until the pillar killing phase is over. Pillar phase after the first one happens every 3 minutes on the dot, so you can get an idea for how much fury you'll have going into the phase.
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2015-03-02 at 05:40 PM.

Unbuffed, two Chaos Waves are a damage loss versus two properly-stacked Hands of Gul'dan. Unless you seriously need the burst, you shouldn't use it outside of DS.

I'm curious about the ongoing HoG vs. CW conversation. For ST I've been going Service/AD/Servitude, and I recently got my 4pc.

I'm finding that either a) i'm stocking up too much fury and MC stacks because I've been prioritizing maintaining the 2-stack of shadowflame as long as possible or b) i'm burning HoG charges on CW. Often, i'm doing so much stance dancing that Meta activation is on CD when I'd like to be popping into meta and burning some MC stacks and fury.

Any tips on how people are practically balancing this would be appreciated. I mean, top theoretical numbers are one thing (a good thing to work toward, certainly) but what are people doing to handle/prioritize this. Or am I just doing something entirely wrong.

Deleted
    What did that guy's spreadsheet say about CW on Single Target, particularly if you have Dark Soul up?

CW is 200% sp @ instant cast.
    SF is 81.6% autocrit X crit chance sp @ 2s cast.

So, CW is more damage, DPS, and DPE than SF. The flipside is that it costs the same amount of fury but casts faster, and also causes you to lose HoG's fury generation. Under DS, two CWs versus two properly stacked HoGs is a ~25% gain in damage dealt.

I'm not sure what conclusion you should draw from all that, but them's the numbers.

If you are in meta and get a 3rd stack of CW/HOG I will always use one, so then coming out you can get that HOG x2 up for the fury.

Depends on the fight, it seems for Serv/serve spec, you gotta get a feel for what the fight needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    If you are in meta and get a 3rd stack of CW/HOG I will always use one, so then coming out you can get that HOG x2 up for the fury.

Depends on the fight, it seems for Serv/serve spec, you gotta get a feel for what the fight needs.
    This seems to make a lot of sense to me, and it should solve my problem. I'll test and report. Thank you.

Deleted
    So how sure are we Demonbolt is dead btw? I tried it out on Koragh last night and found it to perform a lot better than servitude. On top of the DB penetrating the shield I was able to get a ton of fury from the adds to keep my cycles going.

I'm assuming the dps difference was just because I'm more used to DB but are we certain due to the way fights can work it isnt worth using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shumjum View Post
    So how sure are we Demonbolt is dead btw? I tried it out on Koragh last night and found it to perform a lot better than servitude. On top of the DB penetrating the shield I was able to get a ton of fury from the adds to keep my cycles going.

I'm assuming the dps difference was just because I'm more used to DB but are we certain due to the way fights can work it isnt worth using it?
    It's not "dead", it still has roughly the same damage as Serv/Serv. But it doesn't provide anything "special" to the raid anymore (i.e. huge single target burst), and it's less mobile than the other demo warlock specs.

Yes, there would still be comps/assignments/situations where it would continue to be worth using.

Anyone have a macro for linking Go Service with Darksoul? Tried to put one together but when I use it the Serive pet doesnt cast. Pairing it with Go Service/Servitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Anyone have a macro for linking Go Service with Darksoul? Tried to put one together but when I use it the Serive pet doesnt cast. Pairing it with Go Service/Servitude.
    Probably because Dark Soul isn't on the GCD but Service is. You are likely hitting the macro during the GCD; Dark Soul activates but Service does not.

Regardless, I would like to advise that you do not macro them together. Service now lasts 25s as of patch 6.1, and the Doomguard takes a couple seconds before he finished his cast. You are much better served hitting Grimoire: Doomguard first then following up with Dark Soul later.

As an example, here's how I (try to) go into a 20s burn phase:

HoG > Grimoire: Doomguard > Corruption > HoG > Meta + Dark Soul > 10x Soul Fire > Chaos Wave.

The above is just a hypothetical situation where I may not always cast 10 soul fires or whatever, but you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    not in game to test, but this should do it

/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /cast !Metamorphosis
    /cast Grimoire: Doomguard

edit from felguard to DG
    Last edited by shdwboxn; 2015-03-02 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    (i.e. huge single target burst)
    But DB still does bring that, especially if you can line it up with other procs or cds and it crits or multistrikes. I think it is still the hardest hitting spell Warlocks have atm.

Deleted

I've seen quite a lot of decent logs from DB warlocks post-nerf.
    I imagine there's a fair bit of room for luck to factor into it considering how big a crit or MS can be with DB, but people are still playing it and doing well, if they could do better as Serv is another question though.

But DB still does bring that, especially if you can line it up with other procs or cds and it crits or multistrikes. I think it is still the hardest hitting spell Warlocks have atm.
    Well its all relative. Its 25% worse than before. Its still ok burst, just not always worth having over other options and not especially more powerful than what other classes bring.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwboxn View Post
    not in game to test, but this should do it

/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
    /cast !Metamorphosis
    /cast Grimoire: Doomguard

edit from felguard to DG
    Why do this either way? And why would you waste a global placing DS before Meta and why would you use DS before your Grimoire? Considering theres a 2-3 activation time for the Guardian, potentially more for the Felguard.

You don't want to macro your cooldowns like that for Demonology at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    When Dark Soul is up or you need burst aoe (where a fully executed hog 2 stack won't run its full course) are the only times I use chaos wave.

I also tend to use non-glyph DS all the time if I'm not using DB. Also I'm not sure how fast your guild kills pillars, but our first one always dies so incredibly fast that I can't imagine it is worth putting doom up on it. If that's the case I'd probably start off putting corruptions on everything until 2nd pillar comes out, then swap to meta and stay in it until the pillar killing phase is over. Pillar phase after the first one happens every 3 minutes on the dot, so you can get an idea for how much fury you'll have going into the phase.
    All this. I cringe so much when I see some warlocks spamming Chaos Wave with no foresight to fury generation and the long term damage gain of using HoG in nearly all circumstances, especially for ST.

The pillars won't be up long enough for Doom to be worthwhile, in most circumstances the DoT won't tick and is a waste of the limited globals you have to actually deal with them. Corruption on the other hand probably worthwhile, at least on the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    The pillars won't be up long enough for Doom to be worthwhile, in most circumstances the DoT won't tick and is a waste of the limited globals you have to actually deal with them. Corruption on the other hand probably worthwhile, at least on the first.
    Good to apply as you're moving to your area if you don't have blanket fox coverage.