It's official.

I'm bearing it this tier.

As we conjectured and I was worried about, monks are where druids used to be a couple of years ago but with Guard. Dodge or die. I CBA going through that again.
    I'm keeping monk as primary alt, but based on HFC encounters, I don't expect to use him during progression to "cheese" anything.

Well yeah, we kind of said for the entire PTR cycle that BrMs would be trash without 4p. Get 4p and it's great, but if your guild isn't going to prioritize it over DPS then there is no point to playing the class. That's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    Glaive Thrust – Inflicts 484818 to 509682 Physical damage, piercing armor and inflicting Puncture Wound. Puncture Wound does not apply to tanks using Active Mitigation.
    EB = Monk's Active Mitigation
    Thanks, had completely missed there was AM component in that mechanic. Silly me.

Ah yeah, class trinket and the 16% thing.

Quote Originally Posted by redi View Post
    Thanks, had completely missed there was AM component in that mechanic. Silly me.

Ah yeah, class trinket and the 16% thing.
    A little hint for cheesing this fight... In P4 just move the boss to the edge of the platform, place your transcendence right below the boss and just take every massive blast and port back in. Your raid has a lot of space and your co tank has no trouble to get back in. Only "challenging" part is 2nd blast because 3s before the blast you have to turn around to survive the knockback shit.
    CD were something like:

1 -> Guard+EB
    2 -> Guard+EB+DM
    3 -> Guard+EB+Shieldwall+Shout (for execute )
    4 -> Guard+EB+Zenmed

Makes the boss pretty trivial in last phase.

Regarding crit build discussion: As Gothmog mentioned -> Dodge or die...so i will prefer critbuild and after receiving my 4pc hopefully tonight (i just take the nhc token and let hc token to our dps) everything should line up to something like: EB+EH+EH -> Guard -> EB+EH+EH -> Guard etc... could probably be a bit risky for special skills from bosses, but we have 4 paladins in our raid comp, so i will just soak externals and should be fine.

With crit build i think CE could become viable even if we need a lot of chi for guards, but i have to test things out on different bosses (which i can´t do without 4pc -.-)

Quote Originally Posted by Maichii View Post
    A little hint for cheesing this fight... In P4 just move the boss to the edge of the platform, place your transcendence right below the boss and just take every massive blast and port back in. Your raid has a lot of space and your co tank has no trouble to get back in. Only "challenging" part is 2nd blast because 3s before the blast you have to turn around to survive the knockback shit.
    CD were something like:
    So you basicly let your co-tank tank it, but taunt after the Pierce, eat Massive Blast -> Trancendence: Transfer, co-tank taunts back and eat's the second Pierce?

Since you will be positioned back to the ledge, and you'd want raid to be located in the middle of the room, where will the co-tank stand (since the combo has cone shit iirc)?
    Last edited by redfella; 2015-07-02 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    It would look something like this. You can soak 2 Blasts in a row with DM/ZM I think, but I like DH more here because you can mitigate the thrust and the blast, and not the blast alone.
    Imo this tactic is not needed in Heroic, Mythic I don't know. You can just Swap after each Combo and let you/the cotank kick into the center of the plattform.

- - - Updated - - -

If your positioning is something like this the raid/your cotank won't be hit by the waves anyway
    The only dangerous combo is the 2nd. You have a few seconds to reposition after the Mass-Pushback (don't know the spellname)

Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2015-07-02 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to get 4pc from wednesday raid. Suddenly stuff like Archimonde HC was a breeze.

On a more funny note, tanking siegemachines at blackhand is quite funny when stagger doesn't work. They hit 30%+ of your HP each hit (that come in less than second intervals, or at least feels that way). T18 makes it quite funny to spam expel harm and guard a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    On a more funny note, tanking siegemachines at blackhand is quite funny when stagger doesn't work. They hit 30%+ of your HP each hit (that come in less than second intervals, or at least feels that way). T18 makes it quite funny to spam expel harm and guard a lot.
    It's not that funny without any set piece though :/

We had to rotate externals on me and used BL in 2nd phase to get it over with as fast as possible

Kabator: I thought the whole point of Maichiis suggestions was to solo 5 blasts in row with the aforementioned cooldown combinations while positioned on the ledge, so the raid will have it easy on the Mass-Pushback mechanic due standing dead center of the platform, basicly meaning that you and co-tank are the only ones who move towards middle after 2nd Glaive Combo and return to position for the 3rd Glaive Combo. Nothing else than combo cleaves afaik, so having the boss turned to raid briefly before the Mass-Pushback is not dangerous.

Co-tank COULD always eat both Glaive Thrusts, while Monk eats all blasts.

#1 way: Thrust >> Monk taunts for Blast >> OT taunts for second Thrust.

I think it's possible to simplify that by:

#2 Monk taunts bit before Glaive Combo and eats Thrust >> Blast >> Ot taunts it back and eats Thrust.

I presume the #2 way is why Maichii included EB in his CD list.

Positioning like this (R = MT, S = OT)?

If I wanted to do this the usual boring way, I'd play my Guardian. If we can up the difficulty for ourselves and give our raid easier time, then I'll always be eager to give it a go.
    Last edited by redfella; 2015-07-02 at 12:06 PM.

something to remember, you get stunned in mythic when you get hit by glaives.

Kabator: I thought the whole point of Maichiis suggestions was to solo 5 blasts in row with the aforementioned cooldown combinations while positioned on the ledge, so the raid will have it easy on the Mass-Pushback mechanic due standing dead center of the platform, basicly meaning that you and co-tank are the only ones who move towards middle after 2nd Glaive Combo and return to position for the 3rd Glaive Combo. Nothing else than combo cleaves afaik, so having the boss turned to raid briefly before the Mass-Pushback is not dangerous.

Co-tank COULD always eat both Glaive Thrusts, while Monk eats all blasts.

#1 way: Thrust >> Monk taunts for Blast >> OT taunts for second Thrust.

I think it's possible to simplify that by:

#2 Monk taunts bit before Glaive Combo and eats Thrust >> Blast >> Ot taunts it back and eats Thrust.

I presume the #2 way is why Maichii included EB in his CD list.

Positioning like this (R = MT, S = OT)?

If I wanted to do this the usual boring way, I'd play my Guardian. If we can up the difficulty for ourselves and give our raid easier time, then I'll always be eager to give it a go.
    Basically your 2nd option, pic is about right, only the boss is really on the edge and you can stand just between his feet The second tank stands on the side of him taunts right after blast and moves the boss to the edge again. The 2nd glaive will flie directly over the edge, too, but you won´t get hit as you will be transferred right below the boss where you won´t get hit. So there is no positioning issue at all. For 2nd blast I just used double roll to get back to the edge fast enough after throwback action, but it wasn´t really tight if your teleport is already placed.
    Only thing that can really f*ck things up happened to me on our kill attempt (of course): The felseeker was planted right beyond the boss, for what reason ever...never happened before (I assume some of our raidmembers were playing hide and seek...) So the felseeker grew exactly till the edge of the platform and it was impossible to do something against it...shouldn´t happened at all if your raid stands behind the boss.
    No need not to take the first glaive, it wasn´t an issue at all and empowered blast hits less then normal blast (lol?).

We did this for two reasons:
    No.1 : Raid can fail hard while doing anything in p4 without risking to fall off the platform and both Tanks can attack 99% of the time
    No.2: Why not use mechanics that makes the boss pretty easy^^

Regarding stun in mythic:
    Perhaps the Fel imp pillar will still be there, so nn to port back in, but i´m not completely sure about this.
    Other solution could be grips or nimble i don´t know to be honest. Perhaps you will play this fight with 3 tanks anyway because of p1 mechanics which seems to hit pretty hard in combination. Let´s see what happens once we reach him, for now, the way i explained above should be an easy solution for heroic/normal.
    Last edited by Maichii; 2015-07-02 at 12:50 PM.

I'm not sure I understood you correctly, so correct me if I am wrong: 2nd tank does most of the tanking while we wait for the Glaive Combo, and we stand on top of each other on the edge of the platform, about between Mannoroths front feet.

Here's how I imagine it would play out:
    1) I taunt a few seconds before Glaive Combo to get some Resolve
    2) The 2nd tank moves to the side and waits until the 1st Glaive Thrust hits me, so that he avoids the cone.
    3) 2nd tank moves back to default position during Massive Blast cast (which is still just a single target ability)
    4) 2nd tank taunts before 2nd Glaive Thrust

Here's where it gets iffy, do I:
    a) Place Transcendence at the default position (front feet), I understand that active tank will get hit by the ability no matter his position, but will the cone hit me too? Should I delay transcending until the Thrust has been cast?
    b) Place Transcendence to the side of boss, so that we can Transfer instantly and not get hit by cone, then just move back to the front
    c) Place Transcendence at the default position (front feet), Transfer instantly since the cone does not hit when inside the boss model

Edit: Oh and did the pushback come before 2nd Combo or after it? Just making sure for tonight.
    Last edited by redfella; 2015-07-02 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    5 Blasts? How long did you fight him? O.o

Yes, the 2nd Combo comes a few seconds after the Pushback

3) 2nd tank moves back to default position during Massive Blast cast (which is still just a single target ability)
    Why? Seems overly complicated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitari View Post
    It's not that funny without any set piece though :/

We had to rotate externals on me and used BL in 2nd phase to get it over with as fast as possible
    Yeah we did it monday for the mount when I didn't have set bonuses. There were tons of externals available and boss went low quickly so it was "fine" mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Killed Mythic HFA last night, had 4piece and WUE and yes it hurts. I died I think 1 second before the fight ended because we were just out of everything. Our DPS was low due to being a 3night guild who doesn't do split runs so our berserkers lived awhile. I wouldn't want to attempt this fight without 4pc.

Shitty part is that there is a lot of downtime to not reset EH, and then a few really rough moments.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=summary

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=5

For Mannoroth, I can face him to the edge and trans/dodge the blast waves no problem, the only issue is when the Empowered Shadowforce knocks me back and I'm so close to the edge I get knocked off and have to use trans to not die. Then I don't have the transfer ready for the next blast. Should I move to the middle of the room when shadowforce is about to come out and then quickly re-position facing him to the edge when it's done?

Made a WeakAura to warn players if Eye of Anzu has been dropped, it triggers from detecting Uncontrolled Radiance spellcast from COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED and if noone in raid has the Eye of Anzu aura.

http://pastebin.com/fcAsUQmP

I tested it with detecting Flash Heal spellcast and hiding if anyone in party got Renew, and when it worked I swapped in the actual spell IDs.

Will test it tomorrow myself, but in the meantime, thought I'd share it if anyone else was interested in testing

Why is Misume banned? <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Why is Misume banned? <_<
    Was wondering the identical thing.