Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey DJ, Not sure which encounter you were asking about but your link was to a 2:31 wipe on Gorefiend as Destro - pretty tough to analyze. But I notice you had a pet out - not playing GoSac/CR? Also, with the heirloom trinket, I wouldn't expect your DPS to really show up until you got lucky during Feast anyway.

Since you were talking about DoTs though I imagine you were asking about Affliction on High Council? You're right, your DoT uptimes were good. I think as a group TW was cast at a pretty inopportune time and you didn't line your 2nd potion and Doomguard up with it. You'd see better results if it was cast on pull and you used 2 charges of Dark Soul back-to-back with it. You also let Haunting Spirits drop off for a good chunk of time. I think it was probably due to not having shards because you used Soul Swap in your opener. To this day I still hard-cast those DoTs on the opener UNLESS I pull the 'extra' shard by timing Soulburn properly before pull (~22s). It's also a good idea to hold off on Dark Soul on pull until all your DoTs are up. But ultimately, the crazy good results from Affliction locks on this fight are usually a combination of BL on pull, getting the Enrage buff and a short encounter. Some players like to use GoSup with an Imp on that fight, you can see if it gets you a better result.

Thanks, i meant council, not entirely sure why it linked to gorefiend ><.

Yeah lust was suppose to be used at 30% so when it wasn't i popped Doom lord and 2nd pot at 20%. I think I screwed up the rotation there and had the shards but all my dots were about to fall off so I was kinda panicing. 3 targets with the class trinket is rough. Double Dark Soul on pull with lust and DL sounds like it could improve my DPS quite a bit, i'll have to give it a try next time. I usually go with GoSup on that encounter, but I wanted to give GoSac a try.

Hello, I'm looking at fixing my AoE dps, I can provide Logs and AMR data.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/6532/

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ca316/overview

Character is Cloudwarrior.

I actually have NO clue where I'm going wrong with AoE dps. I know that I'm not supposed to be using F&B Immolate, but what's a priority? Shadowburn> CB? Or is there something more basic I'm missing. I'm fine with Single target. I need to be good at AoE. I'm looking to improve.

Please Help, let me know if there's anymore info you need!

10+ Year Old Account
    @JAMSTEYY

Look at Iskar Logs. I don't know which Lock you are but I'll show you what both are doing during the intermissions then you can decide:

Forlyne: 10 F&B CB for 53 hits; 14 SB for 16 hits; 14 F&B Incinerates for 76 hits; 6 F&B Conflagrates for 28 hits
    Aviney: 9 FnB CB for 53 hits; 11SB for 11 hits; 21FnB Incinerates for 91 hits; 9 FnB Conflagratse for 43 hits

Forlyne used his DS during these AoE phases (including lining one up with the ring). Aviney did not. Forlyne used Havoc during these phases. Aviney did not.

Looking at the resources, Forlyne seems to play the range from 1-3 Burning Embers better than Aviney who tends to stay capped on embers and doesn't spend down to 1.

The most simple thing to tell you for Iskar intermissions is to have 3+ embers when it starts, Pop DS, FnB CB straight away, FnB Incin, FnB CB, FnB Incin, and just repeat that (this should keep you bouncing back between ~1-3 embers pretty consistently) until the adds start to get in range of dying from a Shadowburn, when you Havoc a prio add and Shadowburn the crap out of them .

@Styxxa

First of all thank you for the reply!
    I'm actually not on that Log I had to leave early last night. I do appreciate the insight though that helps a lot. I was spending more embers previously trying to keep Immolate up. I'll be stepping in to pugs today and seeing how I do implementing this. I'll update tonight. Thanks again

Is it a DPS loss to immolate them all? I thought destroy wanted to immolate if it ticks once since it's a DPS gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can Immolate, sure, it's not the worst thing. But think of it more as a way to supplement ember generation, not necessarily do a lot more damage (though the 2 are obviously linked). In the pie of your AoE damage on Iskar, the slice of FnB Immolate is more like a crumb. But if you decide that the crumb is going to make the piece of your FnB CB bigger because you'll be able to cast a few more as a result of the increased ember generation? Do it. I don't think I've ever really experienced being able to cast back-to-back FnB CB and STILL have 1+ ember because FnB Immolate was ticking away. So you end up having to cast an FnB Incinerate/Conflagrate after every FnB CB anyway, which means if FnB Immolate is generating you end up just capping on embers without being able to spend them quick enough.

It's not uncommon to see good parses with 1 or 2 FnB Immolates over the course of the encounter, but it's definitely not a main focus of the AoE damage.

That makes sense. On Iskar I generally just CB - Incenerate - CB - Incenerate etc. On fights like Soc i'll immo late into conf for the slow while still staying below 3.5 embers. Ideally I like to go into ghosts with 2 embers so I can get my embers up quick with conf. Is that not the right choice there or am I doing it right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in that case where it helps to slow the adds (if you've got Conflag glyphed) that's a good play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't Immolate on Socrethar souls... waste of time, just get 4 embers as they are about to spawn - F&B Chaos Bolt > Conflag > Chaos Bolt > Incin > Chaos Bolt and so on until they start dropping below 20% - at that point pop Havoc on Socrethar and Shadowburn remaining ghosts.

Actually, the only things I'd ever F&B Immolate in HFC are Iskar adds and only once usually, because by the time you need to refresh they will be low HP anyway.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-12-03 at 01:32 PM.

Hello. I'm Khardam from Emerald Dream, in the Warbringer guild. I can't seem to get the desired DPS for my bracket and it's getting very frustrating.

Can someone check out my logs on warcraft logs? I'm in the Warbringer guild. I would post a link but I am too new to do so. I apologize for the inconvenience but would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the advice guys. Quick question. If we're trapping the ghosts is it worth to F&B Immo them for embers?

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys. Quick question. If we're trapping the ghosts is it worth to F&B Immo them for embers?
    You can, but usually they will just blow up (especially if there are more than just you AoEing them).

But i like being a scum bag DPS
    Last edited by Djriff; 2015-12-06 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    You can, but usually they will just blow up (especially if there are more than just you AoEing them).
    He meant when trapping. In that case I'd say no.

If you trap them they are far from raid so you probably need to leg there and then you waste time with F&B toggle and Immo that does no damage on trapped ghosts... What ya gonna get from it? Maybe one Ember net considering you spend Ember?

Not worth the hassle, IMO. Probably a DPS loss even, considering the time you spend on this.

Deleted

Where I can improve

Hey all,

first I have to say that I'm pretty new to warlock and play this class for about 4 weeks now.

That's my Character: (I have Sandman's 6 2/2 upgraded / Leveltrinket / DSI Heroic 2/2 upgraded / Unblinking Gaze Heroic 2/2 upgraded)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...peazy/advanced

I play Affliction in my Logs and wanted to know where i can improve on Kormrok and Council (really appreciate the effort in this forum and your knowledge about warlocks)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=32

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Screwlee:

RE: Kormrok:

You should be playing with Grimoire of Sacrifice and Soulburn: Haunt Talents and maintaining 100% uptime on the Haunting Spirits buff. I'm not exactly sure which talents your'e playing with because I don't see a permanent doomguard and there's no Cataclysm damage but there's also no Haunting Spirits uptime. Maybe you're missing something there?

On this fight, and considering your raid setup (i.e. You have a demo lock blowing up the hands), just focus purely on single target boss damage. I think Sandman's is probably the worst trinket for Affliction in the list you gave. DSI you should always have equipped, then I would recommend the class trinket (if that's what you meant by Leveltrinket?) followed by UGoS. Also, the legendary ring will really help your damage when you get that.

RE: Council:

It's a bit tough to analyze short wipes, but again I'm not seeing the Haunting Spirits buff on you. You should be using the Soulburn: Haunt level 100 talent and if it's not clear, you should be casting Soulburn, followed directly by Haunt, which will immediately put a 30s buff on you called Haunting Sprits, and also put a Haunt debuff on your target after the spell travels towards it. You should maintain this buff on yourself 100% of the time.

Again, on this fight, I would also recommend DSI and class trinket (or UGoS if you don't have class trinket). At the beginning, just worry about 100% Haunting Spirits uptime and keeping your DoTs on every target. Only drain soul when there's nothing else to do. Only drain soul on targets with Haunt. Some people prefer Grimoire of Supremecy with the Imp on this encounter, you can try that if you'd like.

Deleted
    @Styxxa: Thanks for the tipps.

The "Leveltrinket" I mentioned is the "Orb of Voidsight". Dont have the Classtrinket for now. Also dont have the 4piece.

Here are the Logs from yesterdays raid where I played with haunting spirits up ^^

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I still feel like I am doing to less damage for my itemlevel and or will the 4piece + legendary + classtrinket make the difference?

Thank you for your help

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction really excels with the 4pc + legendary + class trinket - you will notice a significant difference.

I would recommend using DSI + UGoS for Affliction.

A bit better last night on Kormrok. You're getting the hang of it, just practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    He meant when trapping. In that case I'd say no.

If you trap them they are far from raid so you probably need to leg there and then you waste time with F&B toggle and Immo that does no damage on trapped ghosts... What ya gonna get from it? Maybe one Ember net considering you spend Ember?

Not worth the hassle, IMO. Probably a DPS loss even, considering the time you spend on this.
    You think so? I've rocked t17 2pc while doing this and hit ember cap faster than I could cast chaos bolts. You shouldn't have to leg it to far if you position yourself correctly anyways.