Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    1-Button rotation DPS!!! Macro of course right?

Seriously though, I do like the change as it means less clutter on my bars and most of the spells seem very situational at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    I was really happy to see some choice between our lvl 75 talent choice just to find out that there is still no choice. Blast Wave has to be a fu*** joke by blizzard... Trollspell that does no dmg at all 4tw.

Even on mass adds fights like Galakras only does ghalf of the LB dmg... haha.. Blastwave my butt...
    Blastwave seemed ok in beta testing for soloing stuff. Helps out a bit in Nagrand when trying to Fire mage solo those elite mobs for the lv 3 barn (gotta get that savage blood yo!).

Granted it's no comparison to Supernova with Prismatic Crystal for Arcane mages.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    I was really happy to see some choice between our lvl 75 talent choice just to find out that there is still no choice. Blast Wave has to be a fu*** joke by blizzard... Trollspell that does no dmg at all 4tw.

Even on mass adds fights like Galakras only does ghalf of the LB dmg... haha.. Blastwave my butt...
    Blast Wave does almost double the damage of the DD portion of Pyro, and it does "no damage at all"???

Oy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    No blizzard/AE/CoC as fire?
    Just wondering. If blizzard was still in your spell book as a fire mage, and considering how strong current fire AoE is, when would you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Boohoo you can't cast a channeled AoE and go AFK anymore

Fire AoE is by far the best, learn to use it properly
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    Yeah Fire AoE is incredibly strong, I don't know where people are getting this idea that it sucks now.
    And this helps when soloing how much?

Yes people are missing how much stronger Fire AoE is now than before, but strenght ain't everything.. Just not having AE while soloing old raids makes my head hurt. Sure I can group them up and BW, but before I could just happily spam AE and keep jumping away not having to care about LoS on ranged mobs etc

The bulk of abilities being cut from all specs is a fucking joke, but I'll have to deal with it.

However, I'm not really sure what spec I can use to just farm current-content mobs mindlessly. Take the Vale as example: pull/dot everything with NV and finish off with AE; ranged nova/frost nova + icelance to take care of stragglers. Fast efficient farming, never to be done again.

Any suggestions as to which spec might be best for simple AoE mob farming? And I don't give a damn about raid damage or AoE, it's purely from a mob/cloth farming standpoint that I care.

Arcane still has AE and can talent into Nether Tempest or Supernova, both of which are instant cast AOEs. Glyphed CoC, Nether Tempest, Arcane Explosion, and then Rapid Displacement Improved Blink and Arcane Orb (once you reach level 100) seem like they'd provide an effective amount of instant AOE on the move (with a low cooldown sprint).

Should've let us have Ice Lance. Glad I've got all my pre-WoD reps done. Can't imagine how it must be killing thousands of mobs nowadays without an instant cast spell with no cooldown. Could keep Frost as an off-spec, but that seems rather lame in case Arcane/Fire becomes a "needed" combo for raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, they actually missed one.

Deep Freeze

Might as well have pruned it given it's current state.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Just wondering. If blizzard was still in your spell book as a fire mage, and considering how strong current fire AoE is, when would you use it?
    You're talking about beta or live 6.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    You're talking about beta or live 6.0?
    Both really.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Both really.
    Well, soloing old content comes to mind. Having an aoe with no cd would probably be useful somewhere. (lots of low-hp packs, spawning mobs etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire will be getting nerfed big time with the next pass. They definitely removed too many buttons. Putting Mirror Image in the level 90 talent row is really strange.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.