Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I guess part of the reason I feel weak though is because we ran 2 warriors, 4 fmages, 3 demo locks, and a feral earlier this week - so I had a lot of OP competition.
    Our warrior pulled more than twice the dps of our highest hunter. Broken balance is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our hunters were rock bottom with mages and warriors pulling more than twice of their DPS in almost very fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    On single target, Shadow is actually lower than hunter at 90 - the 10% MB/MsK/MF buff should help us though - dunno what hunters are getting.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Most hunters are struggling to stay ahead of tanks. Spriests are competing for top 5 spot dps on most fights. (unless you have an absurd amount of mages, warriors).

Deleted
    Don't get excited over 4 weeks of old content lads. It won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Most hunters are struggling to stay ahead of tanks. Spriests are competing for top 5 spot dps on most fights. (unless you have an absurd amount of mages, warriors).
    Well, that's not true. I was top 5 in my guild before on fallen protectors prepatch and I got pushed off this patch by fury/arms warrior, demo/affliction lock, fire mage, combat rogue, moonkin, unholy dk.

On IJ I could do well sometimes prepatch depending on RNG, but now after the patch there's more specs at the top from what I can tell, like arms/fury warrior, all lock specs, fire/arcane mage, ass/sub rogues, moonkin, both dk specs, ele/enh shaman.

So idk, I definitely felt better prepatch and now it's like I feel stronger but other classes are so much stronger as well that I felt I actually dropped a few spots on multi-target fights I used to dominate, for an average gain in single target dps.

Coming back to comment on my post, last night did the last part of Mythic SoO , and again I was third all the way, behind an Elemental Shaman and a Fury Warrior. Now I'm reading a blue post saying:
    Coming in the new couple days will be adjustments to Assassination, Subtlety, Fury, Protection Warrior, All Death Knights, All Monks, All Mages, All Hunters, Shadow, Protection Paladins, Retribution, Guardian, Feral, Affliction, Demonology.
    Not sure but "Shadow" probably meant "Shadow Priest". I've been so happy (except Mind Sear being complete garbage now) this week, I'll be sadden if they downgrade us again...

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that just refers to the buff they are giving us that isn't implemented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Coming back to comment on my post, last night did the last part of Mythic SoO , and again I was third all the way, behind an Elemental Shaman and a Fury Warrior. Now I'm reading a blue post saying:

Not sure but "Shadow" probably meant "Shadow Priest". I've been so happy (except Mind Sear being complete garbage now) this week, I'll be sadden if they downgrade us again...
    Without meaning to sound obtuse, what else could shadow possibly mean? Shadow warlock? Shadow paladin? Nop, safe money is on Shadow priest

Deleted
    I guess part of the reason I feel weak though is because we ran 2 warriors, 4 fmages, 3 demo locks, and a feral earlier this week - so I had a lot of OP competition.
    Wow, that looks like a fotm raid, if I ever saw one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhoss View Post
    Wow, that looks like a fotm raid, if I ever saw one.
    We usually run 4-5 locks, 3-4 mages, and 2 warriors - so not that unusual to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I was top 5 in my guild before on fallen protectors prepatch and I got pushed off this patch by fury/arms warrior, demo/affliction lock, fire mage, combat rogue, moonkin, unholy dk.
    Here are the actual numbers from my recount and toon ilvls as Shadow when I did Protectors fight on Mythic on Wednesday 10/15. (prior to hotfixes). I pugged with a group that was all decked out in Mythic gear (while I am in heroic with two Normal 540 rings)

Protectors (Kill):
    1) 583 Frost DK - 17.4k
    2) 570 Shadow Priest - 16.4k
    3) 583 Destro lock - 16.0k
    4) 580 Enhance Sham - 15.4k
    5) 570 Destro lock - 14.3k
    6) 560 Ass. Rogue - 14.1k
    7) 576 Mark Hunter - 13.6k
    8) 582 Frost DK - 13.0k
    9) 573 BM Hunter - 12.1k

I'm still feeling strong on Protectors (and other fights).

Your numbers are pretty irrelevant for a few reasons:

1. The competition in your raid group is suspect... you don't know the skill level of the people you pugged with.
    2. You picked probably the best Shadow fight available to us to compare numbers on. How did you do on Iron Jugg / Malkorok / Thok compared to your pug?
    3. YOU ARE IN A PUG!

Don't bring pug numbers here. They are all but worthless. But I for one am glad you feel good about yourself.

Mages and Locks have been beating people prior to 6.0 and feral was competitive with those specs on certain fights so it's really nothing new. I'm kind of surprised people are disappointed where shadow stands right now, we're balanced around 100 a lot more than other classes; most of our gameplay changes come with the 100 talents, and at the very least were not a dumpster fire anymore, hunters are

we're disappointed b/c our dps relative to the field hasn't changed much at all, and yet we bring basically 0 utility. hopefully this week we don't get crushed by mage/lock/war on malk, b/c I was in the same place on our meter last week (as I was in 5.4.8) except I was no longer doing half a healer's healing.

Quote Originally Posted by djack210 View Post
    Your numbers are pretty irrelevant for a few reasons:

1. The competition in your raid group is suspect... you don't know the skill level of the people you pugged with.
    2. You picked probably the best Shadow fight available to us to compare numbers on. How did you do on Iron Jugg / Malkorok / Thok compared to your pug?
    3. YOU ARE IN A PUG!

Don't bring pug numbers here. They are all but worthless. But I for one am glad you feel good about yourself.
    Djackoff,

Let me give you a bulleted response:

1) The competition should not be suspect as they were a guild group. I was the pug in the group and they were 8/14heroic prior to the patch (please show us your epeen and throw some stones at that progress).
    2) I picked the Protectors fight because I was responding to the person who referenced THE PROTECTORS FIGHT.
    3) I WAS IN A GUILD GROUP. I WAS THE PUG.

Don't bring your negative sarcastic laden comments in here. I was attempting to show the OP that shadow priests can still be in the top five for that fight and was being sincere and helpful. Your response is neither sincere, helpful, OR appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    Djackoff,

1) The competition should not be suspect as they were a guild group. I was the pug in the group and they were 8/14heroic prior to the patch (please show us your epeen and throw some stones at that progress).
    2) I picked the Protectors fight because I was responding to the person who referenced THE PROTECTORS FIGHT.

Don't bring your negative sarcastic laden comments in here. I was attempting to show the OP that shadow priests can still be in the top five for that fight and was being sincere and helpful. Your response is neither sincere, helpful, OR appreciated.
    Yeah, they can be top if everyone else afks, which looks like they did since their dmg is embarrassing.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    Djackoff,

Shadow has always been very good at that fight. It's nothing new. It is literally shadow's best fight in the entire raid. The locks in that group were slacking off, based on those numbers. Probably why they only hit 8/14H before the patch (is that a good enough burn? :-p).

While I appreciate you trying to reassure me about shadow's DPS Thaylen, I guess I should mention a few things.

I did 29k on protectors on Tuesday. That was a top 10 shadow parse for about 2 days, and might still be. All the classes that beat me did over 30k+, and as far as I remember when I went to looked at logs on Wed/Thursday before the influx of logs from super nerfed SoO, most of them didn't even rank as high as I did for their respective classes.

Protector was a fight where I used to be confident about beating everyone but arcane mages and affliction locks prepatch in my guild. I would always consistently get top 3-5 there depending on how many locks came in. This was not the case anymore tuesday. Me and my guild did not get better or worse over the course of one week, the only thing that changed were our numbers.

I will see tonight how it is after all the hotfixes from last week, though it doesn't really matter anymore since the fights are so severely nerfed now. To say that our multi-dot is the same or stronger is false though. As I said, it feels like we lost multi-target placement for a very, very slight improvement in single target. However, most classes got even more single target and so we didn't go up the rankings.

The funny thing is prepatch, you could play like a king and get lucky with procs and come out on top on single target too if you were good at shadow and snapshotting. This is not the case anymore, since shadow is a joke to play now and there's nothing you can do over an average player to come out on top anymore. The skill cap on shadow is gone, so all you are left is the bare bones of the spec.

Not a whine post. I personally couldn't care less about this portion of time before WoD. Just thought I would address all the people who think shadow is in an amazing spot.

The funny thing is prepatch, you could play like a king and get lucky with procs and come out on top on single target too if you were good at shadow and snapshotting. This is not the case anymore, since shadow is a joke to play now and there's nothing you can do over an average player to come out on top anymore. The skill cap on shadow is gone, so all you are left is the bare bones of the spec.
    RNG as good as this happened like once every month, so hardly a good example to go by. Imo, Shadow in WoD, with the lvl 100 talents and WoD perks, seems to have a higher skillcap than Shadow in MoP, which was based around "should I, or should I not refresh my DoTs before this DP", your MFI uptime, and most importantly, your trinket and DI rng...

8/14heroic prior to the patch (please show us your epeen and throw some stones at that progress).
    Nothing to do with e-peen. Either, they had only been raiding as a guild for a short amount of time, or they simply sucked. Any guild that has been raiding since the launch of SoO, would either have cleared it 14/14 HC through sheer brute force, or disbanded/stopped raiding because their best players got fed up and left.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2014-10-22 at 01:20 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory