Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

that looks pretty pointless and not scarry.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I like his reaction to this one compared to his reaction of the first one.

First one had him laughing for nearly the entire thing, but this one actually has him on edge (save for one or two funny moments).

Good to hear Jared laugh again, after watching his Live Stream of Sonic Boom I fear we may never hear him happy again.....(I've never hear him curse so much...)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    the second 1 defiantly has better atmosphere, which is what makes a horror game scary. I mean P.T scares me..... and hardly ANYTHING HAPPENS

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    The difference is that people believe pre-emptive knowledge is the norm now. Back then it was simply cheating and looked down upon.

IE: You have to reach a fail state to learn how the AI responds. Otherwise you cannot physically know. Pointless insults you're bandying around aside, you just agreed with what I said.

You cannot have innate knowledge of how the AI responds without testing it. The game's resources on later levels are tightly strung to the point that you have to learn via failure. It's not an option. You can't 'just know'. The patterns only form via deaths in this game.

How else can you know how Freddy or the fox will work, for example, until you've seen their AI all the way through and made correlations between what you did and their actions, prior to death? They don't follow the rules of the more basic automatons and have their own scripting.
    There is a huge difference between failing, and just doing stuff to get the right patterns down. If you fight a boss in WoW for the first times, and you go in blind, expecting to kill him. You die, you fail

If you go in, expecting to die, but learning more about the fight, you're not failing in my eyes, you're playing smart. (Good example, Dark Souls, Battletoads, etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    the second 1 defiantly has better atmosphere, which is what makes a horror game scary. I mean P.T scares me..... and hardly ANYTHING HAPPENS
    That and the fact that there are now more ways for them to kill you...and the decrepit original animatronics are creepy as hell.

Though I LOVE his comment about Chicka.....I seriously think the dev made Chicka more feminine in this one to poke fun at all the people who rule 63'd her immediately when the first game came out and they found out it was female.

....seriously Internet? That's just.....wrong.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I'd love to see someone finish 20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20

10+ Year Old Account

Watched this game and Five Nights 1 last night. To be honest 1 was better. 2 feels a bit harder to manage everything but like the camera barely matters and it doesn't feel like you're losing a lot since only flashlight has battery.