Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I play Stellar Flare+Elune's Chosen.
    Take Euphoria. Stellar Flare is useless atm.

Say there's 4-7+ mobs. Should I go tabbing through every single one of them and moonfiring, then stellar flare each? Should I moonfire, stellar flare, then tab to next one and repeat? When is it detrimental to actually tab and apply moonfire+stellar flare vs applyin moonfire and stellar flare on 2-3 mobs and then using starfire/wrath?
    Starfall as much as possible. Also apply all of the dots and dont forget that Sunfire spreads 5y near the initial target.

What are the good uses for astral communion, maybe in the case of the pack of mobs on Darmac coming out?
    It's really situational. For example, I used it on Thogar to come to Solar eclipse and spread Sunfire to spawning adds when raid splits.

Quote Originally Posted by DieZZzz View Post
    Starfall as much as possible. Also apply all of the dots and dont forget that Sunfire spreads 5y near the initial target.
    That's a bit misleading. For mobs that die relatively fast (depends on your combo as well) it isn't worth to apply moonfire to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    That's a bit misleading. For mobs that die relatively fast (depends on your combo as well) it isn't worth to apply moonfire to all of them.
    Yeah, you should only spread sunfire if your raid have strong aoe comp, but you should always have 2 dots on spears.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Set in your stats + buffs/talents that you want

Then you can use either of the two ways to calculate, using time or using eclipse position as Lunar position. They both do the same thing, its just whichever you prefer.

Then you'll see the SP/second values of the spells w/ and w/o empowerments. The spell with higher SP/second is better to cast at that point (purely checking only that spell) StFl initial damage is remnants from Beta when it actually was a contender.

Edit: forgot to say that when using Lunar position as determining where on the eclipse bar it is, you need to also tell the spreadsheet which way eclipse is going (towards which peak). Also keep in mind that the absolute peak using lunar position is +-105 while ingame you the cap is 100 (which gives the illusion of sin wave pausing at peaks)
    Hey, Lappe. The Sp/second % is static and it dosen´t change when I try different values for the eclipse position, any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankzor View Post
    Hey, Lappe. The Sp/second % is static and it dosen´t change when I try different values for the eclipse position, any help?
    Works just fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Works just fine for me
    Are you using the web spreedsheet or actual excel and what browers are you using?
    -Frankzor

Quote Originally Posted by Frankzor View Post
    Are you using the web spreedsheet or actual excel and what browers are you using?
    -Frankzor
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Bno/edit#gid=0
    Using that one on Chrome

Hey,
    I have few questions regarding boomkin, I am quite new to this spec. Using Inc and Euphoria right now. Can you clarify something for me, there is so much posts here that it is hard to find proper info.

1) The optimal way to use SS is at start of the lunar/solar phase?
    2) Dot refreshing: It would be the best to cast dots as last as possible in peak? I should refresh them every peak?
    3) What opening should I use. I don't have brf trinkets yet but I still should use this opener?
    inc -> preport+precast wrath (so that cast ends when pull timer has ~0.5secs left) -> CA+SS -> dots -> Starfire
    4) Is there any specific macros you usually use on daily basics?

Thanks in advance

Are you guys casting Starfall on pull for single target fights to improve the chances of early procs? I stopped doing this a while ago myself, but am unsure if I'm right in thinking it's not worth the risk of not getting that charge back for Starsurge if Falling Stars doesn't proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbochicken View Post
    Are you guys casting Starfall on pull for single target fights to improve the chances of early procs? I stopped doing this a while ago myself, but am unsure if I'm right in thinking it's not worth the risk of not getting that charge back for Starsurge if Falling Stars doesn't proc.
    We pre cast starfall on fights with 2 or more targets because it's a dps increase over using the charge for SS, it has nothing to do with trinket procs

Quote Originally Posted by Turbochicken View Post
    Trinkets proc just by getting in combat, pretty much 100% of the time.

Sigh spamming wrath during the whole phase 2 to get CA again for the 2nd balcony on blackhand feels so derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutk View Post
    We pre cast starfall on fights with 2 or more targets because it's a dps increase over using the charge for SS, it has nothing to do with trinket procs
    Yes, that I know. The question is regarding single target, as some guide writers believe it's worth casting on pull for single target. I don't think many of us on MMO-C agreed with this, but I just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone was still trying to make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I'm not having that experience. I'd be lucky if I am seeing all three up at the same time more than 60% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Sigh spamming wrath during the whole phase 2 to get CA again for the 2nd balcony on blackhand feels so derp.
    It's gimmicky. Are you talking Mythic or Heroic?

Mythic.. you need to do every balcony as adds come or its a wipe. I go for the 2nd and 5th smash, which is pretty much 1.5min apart, so you have to be spamming wrath hardcore when you come back down to reset your CA otherwise killing adds is a pain.

The worst is later in p2 when you get a mark just before its your turn to go up... it suck real bad

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Mythic.. you need to do every balcony as adds come or its a wipe. I go for the 2nd and 5th smash, which is pretty much 1.5min apart, so you have to be spamming wrath hardcore when you come back down to reset your CA otherwise killing adds is a pain.

The worst is later in p2 when you get a mark just before its your turn to go up... it suck real bad
    Well, I´ve had this issue aswell, if you coordinate with your tank you can just Displacer beast in, works 100% of the time of if you time it correctly. Heavily depends on how the boss is being tanked though.

I go in smash 2 and 5. Smash 2 i can definitely blink, but past that its just straight unsafe, as theres fire everywhere, bombs everywhere, and the tank isnt in a nice position anymore, we just have a backup and i go on 6th smash to clean up the rest, but we kinda hope i dont get a mark :P

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Would you not need to precast to get the double trinket proc? Does starfall "put you in combat" for this or would you just do the Wrath->CA + Starfall instead of the SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaky View Post
    Would you not need to precast to get the double trinket proc? Does starfall "put you in combat" for this or would you just do the Wrath->CA + Starfall instead of the SS.
    Yes, precasting is required for double-procing. But even if you don't do that for whatever reason, trinkets will proc asap on pull due to combat.

Guys, it doesn't really matter "when" I use Starsurge? It should be on either Lunar or Solar side so I get the buff? What happens if I do it at <0>, just no buff?
    Last edited by Tyze; 2015-05-02 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Guys, it doesn't really matter "when" I use Starsurge? It should be on either Lunar or Solar side so I get the buff? What happens if I do it at <0>, just no buff?
    It will give Starfire Empowerment. You can easily test it since you are at 0 when out of combat.