Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just throw more treants at him after you land until he does it. As long as you don't hit him he won't aggro back on to you, and you can wait it out as long as you need to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Just throw more treants at him after you land until he does it. As long as you don't hit him he won't aggro back on to you, and you can wait it out as long as you need to.
    Thank you very much, that did the trick.

673 Bear:

(The life drain stacks should give some idea of how close that was: Life Drain=Enrage basically).

With that roadblock out of the way, the rest of 10N ToT died pretty easily. The next hardest boss in the instance is Iron Qon, mostly because we have no good way of dealing with impale. That, and spear lines + tornadoes are fucking annoying .

Logs, if anyone's interested. (Yes, Durumu was kind of frustrating...)

Deleted
    Tried soloing ToT myself as a 679 Bear/Cat and it was... interesting, to say the least.

Jin'rokh: This guy took me 15 tries purely because of my own stupidity. If anyone is struggling like I did just remember - 1 Treant before the Thundering Smash and DON'T have bleeds up before the smash else you'll just get aggro again. Took me way longer than it should've to figure out why my other two Treants were getting aggro. >.<

Horridon: 3 tries, first try I got like 30 stacks in the third gate, second try the Dinomancer didn't drop an orb as I killed him too fast. Third try was the kill, just gotta make sure you kill the little things near the third door as soon as they spawn.

Council: 26ish tries... this fight was a nightmare. Didn't have the burst as Guardian so went Cat, which meant survivability came down to a coin roll on 'Will Healing Touch proc on this 4cp finisher?' Doesn't help that I managed to get rooted as soon as the shadow spirit spawned multiple times. Turns out all I had to do was kill Sul after Malakk died >.>

The next three bosses were 1 shots with Braidwen's tactics listed on page 5, but I couldn't get the DPS for Durumu. Are there tips to doing more damage as Bear or am I just a potato?

All in all it was a fun experience and I'm looking forward to trying some more of the raids

Odd on jin'rokh, bleeds have never pulled threat back for me unless I actually poked him. Doesn't really matter for me now since he's dead before the first lightning storm, though.

e: Never mind, yeah, bleeds totally pull threat.

Durumu is going to be a hell of a DPS check even overgearing it slightly; sure I managed at 673 but that was with full consumables (all the way down to the augment rune) and like 50 tries. Anyway:

0: precast CW and Rejuv because they're nice to have. Prepot agility
    1: Burn HotW/Lust drums/Kitty berserk and go ham at the start.
    2: Top off on health before light spectrum (4 hard stares). You need to get rid of arterial cut, and you won't take another hard stare until right before life drain so you'll never need to top off again.
    3: Do light spectrum as fast as possible, keeping bleeds up while running between adds, and spamming all defensive CDs. Keep a treant on the boss to soak hard stare while you're out of melee killing adds.
    4: From light spectrum to maze the only thing to do is dump hard stares on treants. Try to time it well so you spend less time out of melee range.
    5: Maze just DPS hard and don't die. Burn armor pot ~10s before 2nd berserk and whatever treants you have left.
    6: Hope he dies before you get stunned .

The one main thing I'd suggest for soloing right now is to get used to HotW-kitty. It's a stupidly big DPS and survival CD, and it's only getting stronger next patch. It makes most encounters a lot easier, and makes some of the harder encounters (like council, durumu, iron qon) actually possible.

Offensively, it's pretty simple: Keep bear bleeds rolling (lacerate x3, thrash), and while in kitty just shred to 5->bite on repeat. Reapply bear bleeds when you're low on energy so you're not just wasting energy. The bleeds tick a lot harder than normal because you have a ton of AP in HotW-Kitty and they buff shred/Bite, so they're an important piece of it. Also dump treants if you have them since they also benefit from the high AP.
    Defensively you can just spam Rejuv on empty GCDs and abuse CW when needed since it's basically a full heal.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2015-02-18 at 03:53 AM.

Deleted
    I suppose it'd be a good idea for me to actually grab some bonus armor gear/pots... usually play kitty so don't really have much in the way of guardian gear.
    Thanks for the advice regarding Durumu, I'll have to throw myself against him a bit tomorrow and see if I can get a kill, and I did try the whole HoTW thing but I felt really squishy while doing it. Didn't consider the whole shapeshifting thing enough though apparently, I'll have to play around with it a bit

Agility trinkets are honestly better than BA trinkets, the only BA gear you'd want are rings/neck/cloak.

And HotW seems squishy until you look at how much rejuv and CW heal for. Then you stop caring about taking damage .

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone give some pointers for first boss in ToT (10N)?

As Boomkin (648), I don't even survive until first throw.. This is with Rejuv running and spamming HT.
    As Bear (~640), I survive first throw and cheese the reset by having treants up.. However, even with NV and Elune talents, I cannot survive more than 20-30 seconds after first throw..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Did heroic stone guards and feng as balance, and then heroic zor'lok as resto (most boring fight ever).

ToT-10H:

Killed: Jin'rokh, Horridon, Tortos, Ji-Kun, Primordius. Of those, only Horridon was not a 1-shot.

Council needs a bit more burst; If I bother renewing my sub next week, it might be worth trying again with the patch cat buffs.

Megaera made Cinders threatening, and nether wyrms do their 15s stun if not killed quickly; can't just ignore frozen heads and have 0 mechanics anymore. Not sure if this will die before we can just go rampage to rampage and ignore all mechanics. I actually forgot about the whole cinders/torrent of ice cancelling eachother thing... but I usually died on the first 1 or 2 heads so it didn't really matter. May need to try again later .

Durumu has 50% more health to burn through. Also an ice wall before maze for more DPS requirement, and a dark parasite that "missed" so I dunno how dangerous it is.

Dark Animus is very close; my best attempt was ~2M with about a minute before full power. Explosive Slam is very annoying because it can "miss", and if it does a few times in a row stacks drop, so RNG can make a huge difference in damage taken. I could probably make this manageable by actually leaving a little golem up to soak empowers, though. Overall a very fun fight.

Iron Qon is not really worth trying. Quet'zal stuns you in the first phase. It seems to be random how long you'll have between stuns; some attempts I would have had enough time to kill Ro'shak and move on, but most attempts I had about a second between stuns and just insta-died.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2015-02-22 at 12:05 AM.

What about Lei Shen?

(apparently Ra-den is bugged and one-shots things, so I'm not sure about that one, but Lei Shen is probably doable).

And why are you quitting Ahanss D:
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2015-02-21 at 09:48 PM.

I stopped at Qon, so I dunno about consorts or lei shen. I put quite a few attempts into animus, and Qon doing the stun on a solo player was just frustrating after that.

Also I cleared the non-heroic stuff on normal, so I'm not sure I can even attempt him. I agree though, he was really easy on normal and I don't see a reason for that to change on heroic.

The quitting part was mostly a "if I don't update anytime soon, here's why". I'm sure you can find plenty of threads detailing why anyone not in a raiding guild would not like this expansion, so there's no need for me to derail this thread with it.

edit: Went back. 10H consorts died. Decently tough berserk but not bad compared to Durumu. Not much else to say about it. As expected I couldn't pull Lei Shen.

I had some fun with Normal Lei Shen, though:

Last edited by Braindwen; 2015-02-21 at 11:14 PM.

Out of curiosity, is there a reliable method of killing Lei Shi in ToES as a Guardian? Ironically it's the hiding phases that are the most annoying since the boss will still stack the debuff, and sometimes I can avoid it and reset my stack. Managed to get some luck on my side after a bunch of sub-10% wipes to nab a kill, didn't know if anyone had a more stable method of resetting their stack during the hide phase so I don't have to cross my fingers.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Killed Sha of Anger on 6.1 PTR the day before the patch went live. I honestly just went on the PTR because of the amount of people that would try to "help" on live and end up killing me or resetting the boss from getting mind controlled.

Was 685 ilvl at the time with 4pc. Ran with stellar flare since I thought an extra DoT might be useful with having to run out of range so often. Didn't run with any addons, so I'm sure timers would make things way easier. Lust drums & potions would also obv be nice, but I didn't have any. The biggest things to worry about anyway is getting out for MC, killing adds with starfall asap (make sure you have at least 1 charge pooled for less headaches), and have the boss meleeing you rather than casting seethe as often as possible (I made this mistake many times and it almost cost me my kill). ALSO, certain spawn points are extremely obnoxious. I got the 2nd most annoying with the mushan, who like to knock me up in the air if I let them in melee range. Kill them asap.

Took a video of it, if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Doneire; 2015-03-03 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a reliable method of killing Lei Shi in ToES as a Guardian? Ironically it's the hiding phases that are the most annoying since the boss will still stack the debuff, and sometimes I can avoid it and reset my stack. Managed to get some luck on my side after a bunch of sub-10% wipes to nab a kill, didn't know if anyone had a more stable method of resetting their stack during the hide phase so I don't have to cross my fingers.
    Be nightelf. Summon a treant and shadowmeld right after the hide phase if you need to reset. Die anyway within 2 minutes because RNG boss.

So Elegon 25N is pretty buggy. Went through like 5 waves of sparks before it finally transitioned, and then all the pillars didn't even spawn.

http://puu.sh/gN7Vz/1c3498549c.jpg
    Last edited by Lybydose; 2015-03-24 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Can anyone give some pointers for first boss in ToT (10N)?

As Boomkin (648), I don't even survive until first throw.. This is with Rejuv running and spamming HT.
    As Bear (~640), I survive first throw and cheese the reset by having treants up.. However, even with NV and Elune talents, I cannot survive more than 20-30 seconds after first throw..
    Shameless self-bump..
    Noone can give any pointers?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Shameless self-bump..
    Noone can give any pointers?
    Probably just want some more gear for Boomkin. The problem I had with it is that treants (as Balance) have a cast time, they won't instantly attack so they are not quick enough to get on the threat table to prevent the reset. Hence, unless someone has found a trick, I would probably have to go Feral or Guardian (or, bring a friend to skip the lockout to get to Horridon).

As Guardian, you should try to figure out what particularly is killing you. Is it just melee, or the Static Wound? If the latter I think a few bears above gave a trick to avoiding it (using treants again).

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Probably just want some more gear for Boomkin. The problem I had with it is that treants (as Balance) have a cast time, they won't instantly attack so they are not quick enough to get on the threat table to prevent the reset. Hence, unless someone has found a trick, I would probably have to go Feral or Guardian (or, bring a friend to skip the lockout to get to Horridon).

As Guardian, you should try to figure out what particularly is killing you. Is it just melee, or the Static Wound? If the latter I think a few bears above gave a trick to avoiding it (using treants again).
    It's mostly guaranteed the Static Wound is the damage that will kill a Guardian (it's the highest damage I take by a mile). I personally go CW/Treants/HotW/Pulverize for the fight. When the puddle goes down, I go HotW-kitty burn on him and stay kitty as long as possible (keep in mind, CW will get buffed by HotW and do a ton of healing in a short burst if necessary, rolling Rejuvs helps too). By the time I go bear again for survival, the boss is pretty much dead in the next couple of seconds.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville