Page 2 of 276 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hmmmm, from one side it makes sense. On the other - how will they fit orcs into this ?

But i really wonder *if* its true, will it be more underwater or more island centered.
    Probably island.. They tried underwater with Vash'jir and it didn't exactly work out swimmingly (Pun intended).

10+ Year Old Account
    A new battleground in Heroes of the Storm? That could be possible....well do they have to trade-mark BGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    I think they will implement other WoW raids into Hearthstone in the near future. What I am curious is why it is only 'Eye of Azshara' and not 'Eyes'; does anyone know what the single eye stand for?
    I'd say single Eye could emphasise Maelstrom as Naga capitol was supposed to reside within/along it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

A new battleground in Heroes of the Storm? That could be possible....well do they have to trade-mark BGs?
    No, they don't. They trademark things like games, game subtitles, brands, logos, etc.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    is the phones/tablets part always in their trademarks? if not, that just screams Hearthstone.

Deleted
    The Eye of Azshara is another name for the Maelstrom, isn't it? Or maybe it's her palace or something, or an artifact she uses that's very powerful. Could be a lot of things.

It's probably a hoax, but I'm sure we'll face her at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    is the phones/tablets part always in their trademarks? if not, that just screams Hearthstone.
    It is the exact same classification most of their games are registered under. This is Warlords of Draenor, for example:

List of goods and services: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet pcs

List of goods and services: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    That speculation complicates things, but I just don't see what else it could be other than Hearthstone. The idea of a WoW expac being shown at this BlizzCon seems absurd when there's such a small demo booth for WoW at BlizzCon.
    There was talk in the General WoD thread, some time ago, about Blizz wanting to do yearly expansions and how if they were to start with the x-pac after WoD then it would have to be revealed at this years Blizzcon. Not saying its going to happen, just something to consider.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In that case, it could actually be the next WoW expansion. Sure it seems weird that they'd reveal it before WoD's even out, but they do want less time between expansion launches, so there's always a first time.

Could also be..well, lots of other things, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    You don't file a trademark for an ingame item, not even an iconic one.
    No, no I didn't meant it like that. Imagine if the new big bad buy is some "low rank grunt" who comes across this maritime talisman that gives him antagonic powers. That was my angle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Probably island.. They tried underwater with Vash'jir and it didn't exactly work out swimmingly (Pun intended).
    Yeah, they should've dumped that idea in the ocean.

BA DUM TSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Pfth, Vashjir was amazing, one of the few bright moments of Cataclysm in otherwise quite terrible expansion. People were just dull.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Now that they're trying to link expansion with each other, I have a hard time seing a connexion between Draenor/Legion and Azshara. We can be pretty sure that even if there is a lore connexion between Azshara and the Legion, she is now allied with the Old Gods. There is a lot of hints at that in the questing in Vashjir. Old Gods are ennemies of the Legion in some way, or at least they don't work well together.
    If Eye of Azshara is indeed a WoW expansion, they could only do a "while we were away this shit happend on Azeroth", and this is not what they announced about a link between expansions.

The Hearthstone expansion will be of a mechanical theme, as hinted by many things in the HS community.

It certainly does sound like a WoW expansion name, so it's got that going for it.

I can't imagine a Hearthstone expansion based around Azshara, it doesn't fit the theme at all. And those are the only two real possibilities unless it's something new, which could be possible but extremely unlikely considering only WoW players would really know who the hell she is.

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    Now that they're trying to link expansion with each other, I have a hard time seing a connexion between Draenor/Legion and Azshara. We can be pretty sure that even if there is a lore connexion between Azshara and the Legion, she is now allied with the Old Gods. There is a lot of hints at that in the questing in Vashjir. Old Gods are ennemies of the Legion in some way, or at least they don't work well together.
    If Eye of Azshara is indeed a WoW expansion, they could only do a "while we were away this shit happend on Azeroth", and this is not what they announced about a link between expansions.

The Hearthstone expansion will be of a mechanical theme, as hinted by many things in the HS community.
    I could easily see the naga "uprising" happening when the heroes are away on Draenor, with us returning to find a lot of shit going down on Azeroth due to Azshara's invasion.

Azshara is one of the biggest enemies of the Burning Legion at this stage, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If Blizzard sticks to it's word, it's probably Legion because they said WoD will lead into the next Expansion as MoP did.

MoP last tier -> Shitload of Orcs

WoD last tier -> Orcs + Legion
    How about underwater orcs instead ? It still relates in the same way you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Hoping it's the next WoW expansion. Certainly it can only be that or a hoax.
    Well it could also be a hearthstone thing as the OP said... The last hearthstone thing was Naxxramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    does anyone know what the single eye stand for?

It's a name in the RPG for the Maelstrom's centre, where the remnants of the Well of Eternity and the city of Nazjatar are found.

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    They could have the AU Gul'dan bridge the gap. In Warlords he somehow finds out that our Gul'dan and Khadgar have history, so he could throughout this expansion gain more information about the Gul'dan of our timeline, culminating in him discovering the fate of his MU counterpart, and with that knowledge go for a second, successful shot at plundering the Tomb of Sargeras. The raising of the isles would be the catalyst for what comes next.
    People have been talking about that idea for quite a while now as a trigger for a possible Southseas expansion.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2014-11-01 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Well it could also be a hearthstone thing as the OP said... The last hearthstone thing was Naxxramas.
    The only problem I see with that is that I can't see them releasing something for Hearthstone before that particular massively major lore villain has been addressed in WoW. It's possible, sure, but it seems unlikely.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have we ever had one of these trademarks end up being false?

I feel like we have, but I can't seem to remember it. Though what I'm remembering might have just been The Dark Below, which did end up being something.