Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserslaughtern View Post
    Republicans they can't win elections anymore without rigging them. Their one last bastion of white evangelicals are dying (which is a good thing), they are tomorrow's fertilizers. Off topic, what do you guys think Ronald Regan and Jerry Falwell are doing in hell right now?
    that is not a good thing
    they pay...for things

when the money dries up what is the diversity gang gonna do?

15+ Year Old Account
    "We can't win via a fair election, so let's just improve our odds."

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    "We can't win via a fair election, so let's just improve our odds."
    This exactly. Sums up Obama's thoughts regarding illegal immigration and the Democratic Party.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    that is not a good thing
    they pay...for things

when the money dries up what is the diversity gang gonna do?
    What the fuck does this even mean? Like our economy is going to lose money because of people dying and leave vast fortunes to be spent?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    This exactly. Sums up Obama's thoughts regarding illegal immigration and the Democratic Party.
    You're not one of those people who think that Democrats are inviting Mexicans into the US so they can vote for them, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Out-fucking-standing.
    I don't care if it's Republicans doing this (though it appears to be the case), this whole situation is bullshit. Voter fraud has been used to run roughshod over minorities, and in reality is a non-issue as the numbers of fraud have been so insignificant they fall within the standard margin of error.

can't tell if sarcasm.

EDIT: Weird, I keep getting the wrong reply when I go to post. That wasn't for you Rukentuts
    non citizens voting probably won Al Franken his senate seat, if he loses that election Obamacare doesnt pass. Regardless if you like Obamacare or not, thats a small amount of illegal votes tipping an election and major changes occurring because of it. I dont like voter ID, I would like a system that allows me to look up my vote based on my SSN on some federally run website(fingers crossed). As it is now Diebold could be rigging elections and we would have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    non citizens voting probably won Al Franken his senate seat, if he loses that election Obamacare doesnt pass. Regardless if you like Obamacare or not, thats a small amount of illegal votes tipping an election and major changes occurring because of it. I dont like voter ID, I would like a system that allows me to look up my vote based on my SSN on some federally run website(fingers crossed). As it is now Diebold could be rigging elections and we would have no idea.
    But it didn't.

Best part is, this case is cited over and over by voter ID groups, but a driver's license doesn't show if you're an ineligible felon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Illegal immigrants aren't voting.

Fucking conspiracies man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans they can't win elections anymore without rigging them. Their one last bastion of white evangelicals are dying (which is a good thing), they are tomorrow's fertilizers. Off topic, what do you guys think Ronald Regan and Jerry Falwell are doing in hell right now?
    Both parties are trending to the opposite pole, slowly losing the moderates, this will just lead to more polarization in Washington, and with luck the emergence of a moderate party that will appeal to the large swath of Americans not served by either party.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Both parties are trending to the opposite pole
    The Democrats are getting more liberal? That's news to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when you can't win elections with your message or by getting people to vote for you, you win them by deciding who gets to vote...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Anything that makes it easier to vote is good for Democrats, anything that makes it harder to vote is good for Republicans. Think mail in ballots versus voter IDs.

Al Jazeera trying to make a story out of this is sensationalizing an issue that's been around forever or at least showing that they don't understand why this is happening.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The Democrats are getting more liberal? That's news to me.
    Democrats Increasingly Likely to Identify as Liberal

The shift toward greater liberal self-identification has been led by Democrats. Currently, 43% of Democrats say they are liberal, a nearly 50% increase from 29% in 2000. Over the same period, the percentage of Democrats identifying as moderate is down to 36% from 44%, and conservative identification is down to 19% from 25%. ( http://www.gallup.com/poll/166787/li...high-2013.aspx )

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the most disgusting things i've ever read. "I don't like someones politics, I hope they die and are burning in hell!!"
    You're a towel.

Democrats Increasingly Likely to Identify as Liberal

The shift toward greater liberal self-identification has been led by Democrats. Currently, 43% of Democrats say they are liberal, a nearly 50% increase from 29% in 2000. Over the same period, the percentage of Democrats identifying as moderate is down to 36% from 44%, and conservative identification is down to 19% from 25%. ( http://www.gallup.com/poll/166787/li...high-2013.aspx )
    And Republicans more likely to identify as "libertarian". Self-identification isn't the most credible of measurements (I'm 1/12 Cherokee or something, isn't everyone?). The DNC has been moving right for years in response to the now dramatic right shift by Republicans. The USA has no liberal major party. If you don't believe me, let's look 1) at their platform and 2) at ACA, what is probably still (sadly) the most recent major legislative work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    This is one of the most disgusting things i've ever read. "I don't like someones politics, I hope they die and are burning in hell!!"
    Old people die.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2014-11-02 at 06:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Old people die.
    Yeah, they do, but to sit there and say things like "I wonder how they are doing burning in hell!" and "Its a good thing people are dying!" is not normal.
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2014-11-02 at 06:21 AM.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Republicans more likely to identify as "libertarian". Self-identification isn't the most credible of measurements (I'm 1/12 Cherokee or something, isn't everyone?). The DNC has been moving right for years in response to the now dramatic right shift by Republicans. The USA has no liberal major party. If you don't believe me, let's look 1) at their platform and 2) at ACA, what is probably still (sadly) the most recent major legislative work.

- - - Updated - - -

Old people die.
    Neither party caters to the middle, with the Democrats being liberal by American standards (which when discussing US politics is all that matters).

Neither party caters to the middle, with the Democrats being liberal by American standards (which when discussing US politics is all that matters).
    The inherent and perpetual folly of a two party system. It is literally impossible to cater to the middle. But in an effort to at least try, the Dems have been moving further right the more right the Republicans get. This pisses off actual liberals who aren't represented in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    The inherent and perpetual folly of a two party system. It is literally impossible to cater to the middle. But in an effort to at least try, the Dems have been moving further right the more right the Republicans get. This pisses off actual liberals who aren't represented in the slightest.
    No loss there. Now just cut down on the conservative side and we might be getting somewhere. And it is not impossible to cater to the middle, neither party wants to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    No but unlike Fox news Al Jazeera has at least some standards.
    I haven't trusted Al Jazeera till they came to the local Boeing plant. http://www.businessinsider.com/al-ja...-flawed-2014-9
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    ITT: right leaning posters supporting voter suppression because it benefits their side.

Of course the fact that quite a few courts are striking these various initiatives down as unconstitutional is irrelevant right?

For the party that supposedly is pro-constitution they sure don't care much about the right to vote.
    I don't give a shit, demo or rep, either way, fuck them both. I have no idea what this bitching is about, I have no idea what this THREAD is about. But from the snippet the OP posted, it sounds to me like they're trying to purge people that shouldn't HAVE the right to vote, i.e. illegals. Are they doing properly? Of course not, they're politicians. What more could you expect?

Which I think is sort of ironic, seeing as the Republicans apparently love appealing to illegals to vote for them, and here they are trying to remove them. Interesting move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.