Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a tie for me. Both of mine are from the Star Ocean universe.

Indalecio (aka Gabriel). He's 4 billion years old, intends to destroy the entire universe, and has the power to do so. The only reason that didn't happen was the fact that he intentionally held himself back to give the universe a fighting chance.

I never managed to take him down with his limiter off (although to be fair I didn't have my party at the max possible level in the game because that level was 255 and I CBA). You had the option to make him "limit" himself, which made the fight considerably easier. If you didn't use that option, he was far more difficult.

Ethereal Queen

She is also pretty mean. I don't know as much about her story, but in terms of game mechanics, she's one of the hardest bosses I've ever faced. She views you as inferior and offers you a servant position when you encounter her. If you turn that offer down, she opens a can of whoopass on you. She's pretty equal to Indalecio in terms of difficulty.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-04 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolreally View Post
    [IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/e5d6405cb199f8674c635e7e94925ef7/tumblr_mw49i4gl3L1qz4rlko1_500.gif[/ IMG]

UNDEFEATED
    Just when I'd finished paying off the therapy bills and could look at snow, without having a desperate urge to run away...

Deleted
    HORACE, BITCHES!

Seriously, I got that guy run over by the ambulance about 5000 times as a kid, but he kept coming back. That's one hard motherf*cker right there.

Here is the most powerful video game character ever, he is completely invincible and kills anything that touches him instantly.

Game Genie

/9 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    Here is the most powerful video game character ever, he is completely invincible and kills anything that touches him instantly.
    Well.....not completely invincible.

Not even Mario with a star can stand up to the Pit of Death.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-04 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I read the wiki page, seems like a gameplay thing to me. See rule number 1.
    Ah, but Berzerk actually killed someone, it was responsible for the first video game-related death. Therefore, Evil Otto is the OG of killing someone IRL via a video game. No one else can top that, no matter how powerful they are in pretendy-pixels land.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The Disgaea verse's cast is basically an ensemble of demon lords/gods who casually slaughter their way through the universe and destroy worlds on a whim; I'd go with one of them. Zetta, Gig, Rozalin, or Dark Lord Valvoga spring to mind.
    No Baal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No Baal?
    I forget how much of a threat he is given he gets farmed to death every game, but yeah, him too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I forget how much of a threat he is given he gets farmed to death every game, but yeah, him too.

hahaha, nice one.

I was thinking about Unicorn/Primus but they are not originally from a game.
    Sargeras is a possibility too, but he isn't shown at all in-game and got hurt by an orc. So, yeah, Asura it is.

Edit: Sorry for necroing.
    Last edited by mmoce9a533470d; 2014-12-07 at 09:32 PM.

uhhhh Goku obviously

10+ Year Old Account
    Niftu Cal

I am a Biotic God!
    Putin khuliyo

goku /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Every FF villain ever.

Seriously though, since we're going story over gameplay AND native game characters (sorry Goku).

Storywise, pretty much all of them can destroy the universe with a well-aimed sneeze. Some of them basically do that. The only part that never makes sense is that they get beaten, but that is very much gameplay to me. Most game developers aren't going to develop a main boss that you lose to. Personally, Exdeath and Ultimecia seem the most OP as far as FF villains go, again story wise. Kefka and Sephiroth might be fan favorites, but the other two are just TRULY ridiculous. If the final fights played out even VAGUELY like they should given the power of those characters, Exdeath would kill your heroes instantly and Ultimecia conjured a timeline where your heroes shouldn't even exist (and they actually stop existing if you don't rez them fast enough in the final fight).

Quote Originally Posted by AffenMan View Post
    Revan obviously.
    Not that he stands a serious chance against some of the other people in the thread, but my vote goes to him too. He might not be as crazy powerful as some of these people, but he's certainly one of the strongest force users and I <3 him.

I'd say Giygas is definitely up there. He had to be contained inside a machine because his power had ripped apart his physical body, and once unleashed from the machine his mere presence was about to tear the universe apart. At the end he was basically nothing but sheer power, no mind or body, and it took a miracle to stop him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    It's a tie for me. Both of mine are from the Star Ocean universe.

Indalecio (aka Gabriel). He's 4 billion years old, intends to destroy the entire universe, and has the power to do so. The only reason that didn't happen was the fact that he intentionally held himself back to give the universe a fighting chance.

I never managed to take him down with his limiter off (although to be fair I didn't have my party at the max possible level in the game because that level was 255 and I CBA). You had the option to make him "limit" himself, which made the fight considerably easier. If you didn't use that option, he was far more difficult.

Ethereal Queen

She is also pretty mean. I don't know as much about her story, but in terms of game mechanics, she's one of the hardest bosses I've ever faced. She views you as inferior and offers you a servant position when you encounter her. If you turn that offer down, she opens a can of whoopass on you. She's pretty equal to Indalecio in terms of difficulty.
    I was going to say, the bosses from SO2 were nearly omnipotent storyline-wise. The fact that you can even fight let alone defeat Indalecio or either of the super bosses doesn't make sense, but they were fun and really tough fights anyway.

Deleted
    Damn,I was about to say Asura until I read the end,I have been a huge fan of Asura since 2011, and then none knew him,but now it seems a lot of people know him just because he is powerful,so I will vote for Asura too

It depends on how you're ranking power, and if you get into some of the omnipotent or reality-altering characters you can't really compare their strengths anymore. Excluding stuff like that and I'd probably go with the Demifiend from Nocturne. He fought the power of creation and won.