Thread: Do you cry?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I uh . . .

Might have cried a bit . . .

Manly tears of course.

Just a bit . . .

At the end of Mass Effect 3 when Shepard's name was put up on the memorial wall.

WHAT? Come on! The music was all sad and the crew was all standing around with the saddest expressions and I was like "oh god I'm going to cry over a fucking video game!"
    Putin khuliyo

I tear up sometimes...can't think of last thing in a Movie or Tv show I cried about. The last video game I teared up on was The Walking Dead.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    Pretty fucking cold hearted with most wishy washy, sentimental BS. Years of depression tends to nullify.
    I've struggled with depression in the past, and crying over sentimental crap like movies or books ALWAYS made me feel better after :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I uh . . .

Manly tears of course.

Just a bit . . .

At the end of Mass Effect 3 when Shepard's name was put up on the memorial wall.

WHAT? Come on! The music was all sad and the crew was all standing around with the saddest expressions and I was like "oh god I'm going to cry over a fucking video game!"
    Spoiler alert <.< Don't have ME 3 yet lol.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes, but I'm not a manly man to begin with.

*Insertpickupline* I'll make you cry

...That's actually fail. Actually I get sad when seeing all the Jedi and Jedi Knights die in The Great Jedi Purge. Not crying but I'm sure if the scenes were longer I'd probably lose my composure.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    *Insertpickupline* I'll make you cry
    Lol I think we need to work on your pickup lines

10+ Year Old Account
    I've cried more in the past four months than the sum total of the rest of my life that I can remember, but it wasn't over shows, games, or movies.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Holding in those tears gave me a lot of issues as a kid, mainly violence. I eventually saw a counselor about it, combined with just generally getting over what other people think of me as I got older.

I applaud entertainment that can make me cry, that's a good sign of an immersive story. To The Moon and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons come to mind right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I know it may sound insensitive but I didn't cry when my Grandmother died. And we were close. I had to help take care of her when she had Dementia and she didn't know who I was. My whole family was in the hospital room when the plug was pulled and I was the only one that didn't break into tears. I'm not a very sensitive person I would guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    There can be a relief aspect for things like that situation though...I mean I'm sure you were sad she died, but what kind of life is that to extend?
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I uh . . .

Manly tears of course.

Just a bit . . .

No worries, I teared up at Mordin's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Do you cry? and no i'm not talking about going into your room crying randomly, i'm talking about whenever you're watching a show or movie and there's something really emotional do you cry even a little, even if your the manliest man?
    More than is sensible tbh but I'm fairly even-tempered and mellow most of the time so allowing my emotions to be manipulated that way is one way to get a bit of an emotional connect now and then.

I cried when I was lowering my best friend into a pool of molten steel.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Funny, I never cry in real life but I do sometimes when watching TV or movies or games in which I'm emotionally invested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No. Not even at a loved one's funeral. I feel sad and grieve, of course, but as far as tears go? Absolutely none. I used to think there was something terribly wrong with me and actually had a few sessions with a therapist at my old university. He told me I'm perfectly fine and that I'm just not emotional.

I'm still not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've cried when things tap on the right wavelengths, I think most people do but it depends on a lot of different factors. Empathy and emotional levels being some of the more obvious but it's definitely not limited to that.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Yep... In fact, I rewatch some anime episodes ( especially Naruto ) over and over again just to cause the same effect because as someone else said in the first few posts "Crying feels goddamn nice". That feeling when you let everything out can be really relieving. I use it systematically when I am nervous, depressed ( though rarely ), angry, etc.

And I consider myself a man. I follow very strict principles and never go astray from them. I never cry when I get hurt, because a man shouldn't cry. And yet, when I watch animes or movies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill tear up for some movie moments, but mostly I cry during some of the songs that I listen to

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the story for me. I nearly cried during some Fairy Tail parts. I cried at the end of Seven Pounds.

Deleted
    Haven't cried for quite some time, last was probably at age 15 or 16.