Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It was an awesome, unique, super fun ability. Honestly I think the only downside to it came in a high-end raiding (and perhaps PvP, though I'm no expert) environment, where there would be certain "best" choices, and it had to be carefully balanced as such.
    Yeah... they never did that. There would have been obvious changes to make if they actually tried, but they definitely never tried with Sym. It's probably one of the reasons behind its removal: it's easier to remove something than to give a damn about balancing it.

I'll miss the fun stuff, like the occasional spell reflect, clash (although it didn't even stun as far as I could see, so it was 100% useless beyond the visual), play dead, life grip, etc. I won't really miss just casting it on the shaman every hour or every time it randomly dropped off him so I could have lightning shield and he could have solar beam, because everything else was almost useless to me and we needed solar beam for one fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really not realize how AMAZINGLY OP spiritwalkers grace, ams, cloak of shadows were in pve, let alone pvp? Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention what some classes got and the usefulness...
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Do people really not realize how AMAZINGLY OP spiritwalkers grace, ams, cloak of shadows were in pve, let alone pvp? Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention what some classes got and the usefulness...
    That was the entire purpose of the ability! Not to be OP, but to work with other classes and for them to experience a little druid while we experienced a little of whatever we Symbi. It was awesome and useful in every situation. I wouldn't consider it OP, fights could be and are done without it, but it was certainly a nice thing to have. PvP I didn't do, so I'm not sure the implications of Symbiosis there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    That was the entire purpose of the ability! Not to be OP, but to work with other classes and for them to experience a little druid while we experienced a little of whatever we Symbi. It was awesome and useful in every situation. I wouldn't consider it OP, fights could be and are done without it, but it was certainly a nice thing to have. PvP I didn't do, so I'm not sure the implications of Symbiosis there.
    Yeah, fights could be done without it, but on some it was blatantly OP, not just good; it was INSANELY good.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the ability, although I see how it was messy. I'd rather have it reworked though, cool idea concept. I'm just annoyed warlock curses are gone.

for a moonkin it was amazing, survivability and if you give it to rogue on Thok you can have few 3-4 additional casts without getting interrupted, decision to remove it was idiotic

Deleted
    I understand why it had to go and agree with the decision. It was a fucking god-send for the 1% that really understand the game, while most 'random' druids I talked to didn't even have it on their bars.

Especially with challenge modes it was stupid OP and made already strong comps even stronger: resto druid + ele shaman = solar beam on shaman, spiritwalker's grace tranquility on druid. That right there trivializes most of the hard pulls.
    Maybe I have a warped perception because those were the classes I played, but you could carry so fucking hard, especially on ele shaman. It was to a point where they almost didn't have to coordinate CC anymore, because they brought enough to chain CC packs until they were down to non-lethal numbers - largely thanks to symbiosis solar beam.
    I once symbiosis'd a paladin at Yogg+0 just so I got the disease (?) dispel because he couldn't wrap his head around the concept of dispeling as a DPS even after I told him 10 times. That right there must have been the most situational symbiosis combination ever. That's the skill -or rather knowledge and wit- gap that I'm talking about.

And if you take away the amazing symbiosis setups, then you're left with inconsequential skills, and then you may as well delete the skill. Plus it must've been a nightmare when talking about balancing the game.

tl;dr:
    Personal standpoint: Sad to see it go. It was really rewarding once you wrapped your head around it.
    Overall state-of-the-game: Obvious choice to delete it.

year symbioses is so cool, Having a priest cyclone someone is cool. Having a feral disperse is cool. Having a Healer iceblock, deterrence and all that stuff. It was broken as *insert bad words here*, the fun was about the guess if the druid would have iceblock or the warriors fear.

Did you ever lock down a mage on nature? i admit, i did.

Did you ever get sunbeam rota´d and rooted by a moonkin and an ele? I watched my mates die, because 1 minute timer full cc (10 seconds of silence+ root), and trinket is on a 2 minute timer.

in teamspeak its always when you see this kind of stuff in arenas its like "ugh not again, this **** Symbiosis", if it once again was a deciding matchwinner.

Deleted
    Symbiosis will be missed by druids only, suck it up bitches . No more arena BS as if you weren't hard enough to kill anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    Symbiosis will be missed by druids only, suck it up bitches . No more arena BS as if you weren't hard enough to kill anyway.
    If it hard to kill a druid then you need a bit more practice...

Well at least they had the mercy of killing Symbiosis outright. Pick Lock and Disarm Trap is pointless on Rogues now, and it hurts to see a similarly immersive ability dead through lack of use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Not all the druids are going to miss it. Screw this mess of a top level talent. In addition to already mentioned cons above, i'd like to add even more.

1) Only usable in a group with other classes, useless everywhere else. If you're alone, it's useless, if you are grouped with a druid friends - useless. And overall class strength was balanced with this ability in mind meaning relatively speaking you are weaker than intended when alone or grouped with other druids. Pshh....
    2) Gives other guy an ability in return. There is this thing, relative power, if you gain something and give out something, then your character relative power has not increased. You may call it selfish thinking, but it's the way things work in this game, overall group performace versus personal competition never worked out well, in pvE for sure. Like, if your personal dps sucks but you'd buff other people dps, people rarely give enough credit to that, they would brag with their own dps, and the guy who made them do that dps would feel himself cheated and ignored. This is a rotten concept, we have seen it over the years failing and slowly pushed out of the game for good. Symbiosis in its essence was a child of this concept. Screw that.
    3) a little grief from blizz, all other classes could have symbiosis spell while soloing with this simple usable item. all except the druid, of course, because see 1)

good riddance. give us something better in return, something reliable, so when you'd balance our performance in various game facets it would not get screwed because of something as ugly as symbiosis.

Oh is this what happened to my lily pad?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Often shared amongst friends/guildies when it would have been more useful on another player.
    That's just bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    What? Did any class except Shamans miss Elemental Focus?

Why would anyone else miss a Druid spell?

I don't miss it one bit. I prefer creativity when it comes to my druids...not copy/paste. By the time druids got symbiosis, I had grown so tired of druids being based of another class. It was a mistake, that they....sort of rectified, they removed it, but I don't recall if they ever gave us a real level 87 ability.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED SYMBIOSIS.
    I was so sad to see it go

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    [..]
    Really, did anyone complain Symbiosis was not nice? or they didn't like it because it was too complex? I can get a lot of mentioning or grumbling that it is complex, but no dislikes, I really liked it, and I don't recall much people saying they hated it, but then I was not a big forum browser so how would I know
    [..]
    RIP
    Yeah actually a LOT of people complained about it, pvp'rs (including me). I played resto druid and gained some very beneficial abilities as well as being on the recieving end of symbiosis on another class, gaining some nice abilities as well. I play alot of arena and some of the abilities gained are so so incredibly stupid, game changing and unbalanced. For example a resto druid gaining ice block, intimidating shout, deter etc. A feral gaining divine shield, dispersion etc. A disc/holy gaining cyclone. The list goes on and on.

But!...... I just wished they disabled the ability in arenas like for example they did with bloodlust, lay on hands a long time ago because it's such SUCH a cool ability and it sucks they took it out. I totally don't agree, like with most of the ability prune, that it was complex. I mean c'mon wtf. One button how the hell could that be complex :S

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I figured Symbiosis wouldn't last long, considering Dark Intent was a similar move in Cataclysm that was redone in MoP. I honestly won't miss it, but I can see why some people would.
    Yeah, I was really confused when they first announced Symbiosis right after removing Dark Intent/thatonebufffromArcanemages. It made no sense. That said, I kinda liked that it gave druids a bit of flexibility and allowed them to adapt to fights by taking different Symbiosises.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Good Riddance to an interesting idea poorly implemented.

Anything that takes more than two functioning brain cells to figure out must be purged. That includes break points, caps, reforging, spells with variants, pretty much everything.