Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    That's the point completely. Let's say we measure complexity on a scale from 1-10. 1 is faceroll, 10 is incredibly complex. While some may disagree on these exact numbers, this is a rough idea:

MoP 5.4:
    Arms - 6
    Fury - 7
    Prot - 5

WoD 6.0
    Arms - 1
    Fury - 3
    Prot/Glad - 5

Prot didn't change, but the other two were so insanely simplified, that by comparison Glad is complex. In a vacuum, no one thinks Glad/Prot is particularly complex (nor should it be, tanks have other things to worry about), but compared to what they've done to Fury, and especially Arms, it is as complex as warriors get now.

But they do think that. They even say that it plays like MoP Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO:

MoP 5.4:
    Arms - 6.5
    Fury - 5
    Prot - 7.5

WoD 6.0
    Arms - 3
    Fury - 4
    Prot/Glad - 7.5
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Yes people have compared it to MoP Fury. You also have to keep in mind that there are a lot of folks dealing with the loss of MoP Fury and basically going through the five stages of grief. "Glad Stance is just like MoP Fury!" is bargaining/denial. A lot of us will tell ourselves anything to soften the blow of what the devs did to warriors in 6.0. Let people enjoy whatever complexity is left in the class, it doesn't harm you at all.

Yes people have compared it to MoP Fury. You also have to keep in mind that there are a lot of folks dealing with the loss of MoP Fury and basically going through the five stages of grief. "Glad Stance is just like MoP Fury!" is bargaining/denial. A lot of us will tell ourselves anything to soften the blow of what the devs did to warriors in 6.0. Let people enjoy whatever complexity is left in the class, it doesn't harm you at all.
    Yeaaaah except its not denial. I was the first one around here comparing the two, and made a number of rather lengthy posts as to why they are so similar, which I won't completely rehash here. Mostly it is because it follows all of the same core concepts of building and dumping within a short burst window, and even has very similarly used abilities.

As for being more complicated? From a purely damage dealing point of view, Glad is slightly more complicated than playing Prot (but who ever played Prot as a DPS prior?) Trying to assign a number to how complicated you think each spec is asinine though, because everyone will have their own opinion based on their preference, experience and skill; all of which could be any sorts of varied from person to person.

...it does.

If you think that it doesn't, that's because of your own lack of skill or understanding of spec mechanics. Not our fault, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yeaaaah except its not denial. I was the first one around here comparing the two, and made a number of rather lengthy posts as to why they are so similar, which I won't completely rehash here. Mostly it is because it follows all of the same core concepts of building and dumping within a short burst window, and even has very similarly used abilities.

As for being more complicated? From a purely damage dealing point of view, Glad is slightly more complicated than playing Prot (but who ever played Prot as a DPS prior?) Trying to assign a number to how complicated you think each spec is asinine though, because everyone will have their own opinion based on their preference, experience and skill; all of which could be any sorts of varied from person to person.
    It's not entirely subjective though. There are quantifiable aspects to complexity: numbers of rotational abilities, ability use per minute, interaction between abilities, procs that change rotation, rotation vs priority, etc.

You can use quantifiable means to indicate HOW Glad is more complex than Arms. It's not purely opinion or personal experience. I used numbers simply as a means of comparing them, and you can use very clear evidence to demonstrate how Arms is now less complex than it was in 5.4, same with Fury. Prot was basically left untouched, so it remained the same as the other two were drastically simplified. That's why numbers aren't asinine as a method by which one can rank and compare complexity between specs.

It's not entirely subjective though. There are quantifiable aspects to complexity: numbers of rotational abilities, ability use per minute, interaction between abilities, procs that change rotation, rotation vs priority, etc.

You can use quantifiable means to indicate HOW Glad is more complex than Arms. It's not purely opinion or personal experience. I used numbers simply as a means of comparing them, and you can use very clear evidence to demonstrate how Arms is now less complex than it was in 5.4, same with Fury. Prot was basically left untouched, so it remained the same as the other two were drastically simplified. That's why numbers aren't asinine as a method by which one can rank and compare complexity between specs.
    But your numbers are arbitrary because you didn't indicate a scale. Unless you are simply trying to say that Fury > Arms > Prot; in which case you should, instead of assigning a number to it. I didn't say you couldn't do it. I said it was asinine, its silly, because simply assigning numbers with scale, no rhyme or reason means nothing. This isn't a jab at you, but as you see in the posts right after yours, other people start doing the same.

If you want to quantify how different the specs are from one another, you'd have to set up rules and decide how much each thing matters compared to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    ...it does.

If you think that it doesn't, that's because of your own lack of skill or understanding of spec mechanics. Not our fault, pal.
    Go back and read the thread champ, no where did I say that. You're going to need to wise up if you want to change your own underwear some day son.

- - - Updated - - -

I just said I found it hilarious. I'm not allowed to point out something I find hilarious? What is this, Airstrip One?

- - - Updated - - -

I know you don't like numbers but it's easy to explain. If someone held up MoP Fury as an 8 and Prot as a 5 then how can they hold Glad up as an 8 as well.

Deleted
    I'd wager it's because of how SC works.
    And to anyone who rated Arms as ahead of anything in terms of complexity, you're delusional or a sore troll.

Hey guys,

As a warrior maining prot and going glad when needed, do I use DPS rings/trinkers/neck or do I use bonus armour? Not sure if there is some passive that converts bonus armour, I've honestly not read up on it too much.

Thanks!

I just said I found it hilarious. I'm not allowed to point out something I find hilarious? What is this, Airstrip One?
    Yes, clearly an argument on an internet forums is the same as an authoritarian government. I don't particularly care what you find hilarious, just explaining the mindset of other people. If that somehow means you can't find something funny, then that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Windcraft View Post
    Is arms low dps? I though its pretty good, also passive cleave is clear advantage.
    Arms is low in every simcraft at 100. Its last even. Fury>Glad>Arms

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Arms is low in every simcraft at 100. Its last even. Fury>Glad>Arms
    Havent seen a sim where fury > glad

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone held up MoP Fury as an 8 and Prot as a 5 then how can they hold Glad up as an 8 as well.
    Because you can't macro Heroic Strike effectively as Gladiator as compared to MoP Fury, so the difficulty still goes up?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I know you don't like numbers but it's easy to explain. If someone held up MoP Fury as an 8 and Prot as a 5 then how can they hold Glad up as an 8 as well.
    Who said I don't like numbers? I love them, when they matter. Leave me out of this angsty circle-jerk!

Though to answer your question; from a pure DPS point of view, Glad is more complicated than Prot (though not substantially), simply due to the added mechanic and its planning/preparation for effective use. That by no means makes the spec hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Because you can't macro Heroic Strike effectively as Gladiator as compared to MoP Fury, so the difficulty still goes up?
    You slammed this point endlessly when you talked about 5.4 Fury and I still don't get it. When most people say macro, they mean tying one ability to another with the same key (ie: causing HS and SSlam or BT to attack at the same time with the press of a single key). I'd love to see your macros some day, just for the sake of clarity.

is there a glad guide up?

Because it does? Pool rage for your burst window (Colossus Smash/Shield Charge), use Heroic Strike as often as possible in the burst window, and prioritize using your strongest attacks in the burst window (Execute > Bloodthirst (Enrage) > Raging Blow > Wild Strike > Bloodthirst / Shield Slam > Revenge > Devastate). Simpler due to having fewer abilities and Rage spenders, certainly, but it is similar to MoP Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvendragoon View Post
    is there a glad guide up?
    Hrm, thought the Gladiator FAQ had one in the OP. Roughly speaking:

Shield Charge is not active:

1. Shield Slam
    2. Revenge
    3. Execute if Sudden Death active (why are you using Sudden Death) or target below 20% AND you are at 60+ Rage
    4. Devastate
    5. Heroic Strike if at 100+ Rage AND target above 20%.

Shield Charge active (try to go into one with 60+ Rage, might be more):

0. Heroic Strike on cd as able (does not conflict with other offensive abilities, hence why listed as 0)
    1. Shield Slam
    2. Revenge
    3. Devastate

Use major cooldowns (Bloodbath, on use trinkets, potions) during Shield Charge.

Edit: Derp. There is a Gladiator FAQ guide but I didn't see a rotation listed in the OP, hence why I included this rough draft here.

You slammed this point endlessly when you talked about 5.4 Fury and I still don't get it. When most people say macro, they mean tying one ability to another with the same key (ie: causing HS and SSlam or BT to attack at the same time with the press of a single key). I'd love to see your macros some day, just for the sake of clarity.
    His endless references to macroing HS is what finally pushed me to put him on ignore. He's either a tremendous troll or one of the worst informed warriors in WoW's history. Either way, I'm yet to see him add anything meaningful to any conversation about warrior mechanics or playstyle. The day he finally DOES post his macros, I hope someone quotes the post so i actually get to see it.

Who said I don't like numbers? I love them, when they matter. Leave me out of this angsty circle-jerk!

Though to answer your question; from a pure DPS point of view, Glad is more complicated than Prot (though not substantially), simply due to the added mechanic and its planning/preparation for effective use. That by no means makes the spec hard.
    Calm it Archi, not everyone is out to get you. Meant numbers as in subjective ranking of a specs complexity on a 1-10 scale. Glad is a little more complicated but not a whole 3 points extra complicated. My main point is that people are holding Glad up as some complex spec to make themselves feel better. You're one of the few smart thinkers around here so that isn't you, just the rest of the sheep that hang around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Because it does? Pool rage for your burst window (Colossus Smash/Shield Charge), use Heroic Strike as often as possible in the burst window, and prioritize using your strongest attacks in the burst window (Execute > Bloodthirst (Enrage) > Raging Blow > Wild Strike > Bloodthirst / Shield Slam > Revenge > Devastate). Simpler due to having fewer abilities and Rage spenders, certainly, but it is similar to MoP Fury.
    Learn to read Trubo or I'm sending you back to school. I never said it wasn't like MoP Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    You couldn't macro HS as MoP Fury. If you did that, you were playing wrong.