Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I just highly doubt they're being DDoS'd

Conspiracy theorists are out! Yeah there's no way they got DDoS'd!! It only happens like...all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Lol, I got to log in earlier, played for 3 minutes, got disconnected and then had a 2 hours queue after the restart, logged in again after taking a nap, got disconnected after a minute and now stuck in an over 4 hour queue...lol

Good thing I'm not rushing for world first...sheesh.
    There is no world first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariaelena View Post
    So they are blaming DDoS...for shame. What a bunch of lying @#&#s!!!!
    I don't understand the mentality to just call 'bullshit' on everything Blizzard says. I have no way to prove these DDOS attacks are real, however, you have no proof that they aren't real.

Why not just chill the fuck out and wait it out or make the best of it.

By the way, DDOS attacks, not exactly a rare phenomenon nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I don't understand the mentality to just call 'bullshit' on everything Blizzard says. I have no way to prove these DDOS attacks are real, however, you have no proof that they aren't real.

Why not just chill the fuck out and wait it out or make the best of it.

By the way, DDOS attacks, not exactly a rare phenomenon nowadays.
    I think it comes down to those people not understanding what a DDOS is. Heck, one guy thinks its related to one of his quests lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drinoff View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ4cDFOflwo

This .
    U Suck.
    There is No...and i mean it.. NO Excuse. Cant Be.
    That guy is so full of shit rofl, its like he has no idea how the internet works..what a joke of a video. Guy looks like he is going to die of anger issues ;( he needs to calm the hell down.
    You're a towel.

Every new release is targeted, even though I was angry at Blizzard today it was rather strange that latency to the server was fine, yet the server was clearly struggling with information being transfered. This in the end has all the hallmarks of a Ddos attack and combined with some poor design choices at the starting quest areas has led to a domino effect. In all honesty I've calmed down now and I will get back on as soon as it's more stable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    DDOS can and does occur - it's not just the case of everyone and their auntie trying to run to Draenor at once, but malicious assholes trying to floodkill the servers' bandwidth limits on top of it.
    There are anti DDOS techniques out there. Blizz just refuses to pay for it apparently. Seems funny Google, Facebook, and Youtube never suffer from DDOS attacks and they have billions more users. And on the very rare occasion they do, it never lasts more than 30 minutes as they stop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    There are anti DDOS techniques out there. Blizz just refuses to pay for it apparently. Seems funny Google, Facebook, and Youtube never suffer from DDOS attacks and they have billions more users. And on the very rare occasion they do, it never lasts more than 30 minutes as they stop it
    To play devil's advocate, why tear down your means of communication? Many of the trolls who DDOS use social media to keep their uh... 'trolly?' image alive and well. Oh and another thing, you claim they NEVER suffer attacks, so how would you know whether their systems can handle it?

But I do agree on the fact their are means to go against said attacks.
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2014-11-14 at 12:06 AM.

So first you claim you didn't expect so many EU players meaning your servers weren't ready for the stress on the network. Then suddenly it's down to a DDoS attack. How are you picking out packets that signify that there is a DDoS in progress. There is no human eye on earth or anybody on earth who can search that many networking logs to find such bullshit. This has also come out of the blue, I think you're just covering up for the fact that your networking engineers cannot do their job and haven't done their for the past 10 years. Please put your networking engineers on the CCNA course to start and then CCNP and show them what a router is. Then they will realise that this many players trying to login at once on the same day from all around the world, will fuck your shitty fucking badly configured £10 dlink routers. Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/533036180359507968

"Not trying to blame everything on DDOS. Obv plenty of issues on our end too. Just more on the pile is all."

https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/533034205656006656

"Of note from that post: many issues with latency etc are the result of DDOS attacks. "

Oh look not trying to blame it all on the DDOS, but people trying to make it seem like they are..get over yourselves, they have no reason to lie about it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://map.ipviking.com/

Denial of service attack excuse used as an excuse for not being prepared for a new expansion launch..
    Hopefully 12 years into production they may resolve or improve the launch experience..

15+ Year Old Account
    How exactly would you DDoS Google? The website is designed to accommodate "billions" of users.

World of Warcraft is designed to accommodate a set number of subscribers.

Also, DDoS attacks happen constantly these days. They've been plaguing several publishers and developers lately, from Blizzard and Riot to Sony.

Deleted

Thumbs down

Seems funny Google, Facebook, and Youtube never suffer from DDOS attacks and they have billions more users. And on the very rare occasion they do, it never lasts more than 30 minutes as they stop it

You understand how you've undermined your entire argument there, right?

:^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfront View Post
    Denial of service attack excuse used as an excuse for not being prepared for a new expansion launch..
    Hopefully 12 years into production they may resolve or improve the launch experience..
    Blizzard has been ddos'ed SEVERAL times in the past couple months. For a few days in a row even. What makes you think they are lying about it now? Or are you just mad the game is not working 100% perfectly with pretty much every subscriber in the game trying to log in at the same time?
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/533036180359507968

"Not trying to blame everything on DDOS. Obv plenty of issues on our end too. Just more on the pile is all."

https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/533034205656006656

"Of note from that post: many issues with latency etc are the result of DDOS attacks. "

Oh look not trying to blame it all on the DDOS, but people trying to make it seem like they are..get over yourselves, they have no reason to lie about it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://map.ipviking.com/
    You realise that ipviking is just a sort of estimated guess at what attacks are taking place right? The attacks are hitting honeypots to show what attackers are launching but unsuccessfully getting across to the actual target. Good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    You realise that ipviking is just a sort of estimated guess at what attacks are taking place right? The attacks are hitting honeypots to show what attackers are launching but unsuccessfully getting across to the actual target. Good job.
    "Good job" yeah, I fully understand it, MUCH more then you I would expect. I also fully understand that blizzard has no reason to lie about a ddos, when it has happened and will continue to happen in the future, internet crime is only going to get much worse.
    You're a towel.

I'm sure it was easy to DDoS blizzard during the launch of a game, half of the subs help by constant logging in.

These attacks to the servers need to be dealt with like problems in the old days.find who did it drag them out in the street and hang there ass.Problem solved.

Google, Facebook and Youtube run thousands of nodes throughout the world. You DDoS a specific node, you might knock out Facebook for part of the UK and that's it. To hit Facebook entirely, you either drop their DNS servers or you get the IP of every node and build the worlds biggest botnet and then still, you might only slow it down a little. Do your research or shush.

CloudFlare can also be bypassed easily so don't bring that up either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    "Good job" yeah, I fully understand it, MUCH more then you I would expect. I also fully understand that blizzard has no reason to lie about a ddos, when it has happened and will continue to happen in the future, internet crime is only going to get much worse.
    If you fully understand it, why link it? It's completely irrelevant and shows absolutely nothing. If you don't know what you're talking about, shut up.