Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It'll probably die on the opponent's turn after you play it, but if you've already got a mech out you are getting 4/4 worth of stats for three mana. Ultimately I think it's a little weak though, they could have made it a 2/3 especially as the buff is random.

Unrelated to the card balance, each new card reveal makes me more and more certain that this theme was a huge mistake.
    Last edited by mmoce35ea8b457; 2014-11-22 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Iron Senseis can be played simultaneously at turn 6 (5 with coin) for 2 4/4 minions + further boosting each other.

I wonder what the next Combo effect will be for a rogue card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Iron Sensei + Annoy-o-tron = huehuehuehue.

Added Snow Broken Robot. Also known as mini water elemental.

Alas, its health total leaves something to be desired. It dies to a lot of 2 drops.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    Unlikely to really get the effect off even though it is fair for it's stats. So probably not worth a deck slot - Water Elemental is only as amazing as it is because of its stats. Still a good Arena card though.

Fixed Snowchugger's name and link.

Added common Shaman card Whirling Zap-o-matic and legendary Hunter card Gahz'rilla.

WZOM is basically a middle ground between Dust Devil and Thrallmar Farseer, and better than both though that's not saying much.

Gahz'rilla... Has potential to get out of hand. It doesn't currently fit into Hunter decks, but we might see more cards that enable Hunter to go midrange or even control.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2014-11-24 at 07:22 PM.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    Gahz'rilla is brokenly OP, i mean it is not even funny.

I have a feeling that Blizzard is releasing some broken cards just so people can rush to buy packs to have them, after which the cards would get nerfed....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HearthRhythm View Post
    I have a feeling that Blizzard is releasing some broken cards just so people can rush to buy packs to have them, after which the cards would get nerfed....
    So? that's a good business plan, everyone wins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    So? that's a good business plan, everyone wins.
    That is a business plan that is treading dangerously close to false advertising. But no matter, they got everything covered in that terms you accepted, so they can lie to you all they want.

Deleted
    Unfortunetly if cards aren't seen as strong people won't buy them, so they kind of have to.

Deleted
    Gha'zrila is insanely overpowered. Insanely. Like it's already got the same amount of stats as a War Golem. And I know War Golem is underpowered and isn't a good measure of card power, but on the other hand it is only one stat under the ideal (ideally a vanilla 7 mana would be a 7/8.). So basically Ghaz'rilla is paying just one stat for what is potentially a very powerful effect, especially as you can build a deck around damaging your own minions. And it's got a very tough health total to deal with outside of direct removal. And even if the effect never goes off you basically get the same sort of stats as a Highmane only not split up (and I'm of the opinion that Highmanes should be 7 mana.). Even the worst case scenario for this card is a good deal.

It's like Blizzard has absolutely no idea about how powerful hunters currently are in the meta. And obviously this doesn't fit with the current rush decks, but seriously Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fulla View Post
    Unfortunetly if cards aren't seen as strong people won't buy them, so they kind of have to.
    It's perfectly possible to create fun and powerful sounding cards that aren't overpowered. Naxx did a fine job at this. And in any case I don't think that's what GvG is doing because most of the cards are average to terrible in quality.

- - - Updated - - -

So get ready for self-damage hunter control decks with Acolytes, Unstable Ghouls, Explosive Sheep, Elven Archers, Pyros ect. You play Ghaz'rilla on turn 7, it's fairly likely it will survive till turn 8 and then you double archer it for 24 damage. God forbid they have a tundra rhino out when they place this :P. Hell, if you manage to Call Pet this card you can play it on the same turn as Tundra Rhino, but of course that's getting into crazy combo territory.

I'm pretty sure that all cards have been playtested over and over by their internal team. Even before the beta, 90% of cards were balanced, and the remaining 10% needed minor adjustments to keep them in line.

Ghaz seems like a fun card to get from web spinner or something you'd put into casual. I'd highly doubt people would purposely put it in their competitive decks.

I don't see any particular reason why ghaz would survive his turn? He's vulnerable to all kinds of hard removal including bgh if you have any board or ping. It's like an enraged Grom without charge. I have yet to see a card that is straight up as strong as Lothaeb in GvG. The 3mana 4/4 with spare part tinker comes pretty close though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I'm pretty sure that all cards have been playtested over and over by their internal team. Even before the beta, 90% of cards were balanced, and the remaining 10% needed minor adjustments to keep them in line.

Ghaz seems like a fun card to get from web spinner or something you'd put into casual. I'd highly doubt people would purposely put it in their competitive decks.

I don't see any particular reason why ghaz would survive his turn? He's vulnerable to all kinds of hard removal including bgh if you have any board or ping. It's like an enraged Grom without charge. I have yet to see a card that is straight up as strong as Lothaeb in GvG. The 3mana 4/4 with spare part tinker comes pretty close though.
    They play tested cards like Leeroy as well and yet a nerf still ended up happening. Blizzard are not foolproof. This card already has 15 stats for 7 mana (1 more stat than a War Golem actually - I miscalculated.) and it gets an insane ability. That's the thing. Even if it's ability never gets to go off, it's still a big, tough minion. War Golem isn't actually that bad, it's just not worth a deck slot on its own. A card which is either win the game or get a War Golem is not bad at all. And GvG is introducing a card which allows you to get a major discount on on beasts. You can play this guy on turn 3. It defies everything that we knew to be true about card balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    They play tested cards like Leeroy as well and yet a nerf still ended up happening. Blizzard are not foolproof. This card already has 15 stats for 7 mana (1 more stat than a War Golem actually - I miscalculated.) and it gets an insane ability. That's the thing. Even if it's ability never gets to go off, it's still a big, tough minion. War Golem isn't actually that bad, it's just not worth a deck slot on its own. A card which is either win the game or get a War Golem is not bad at all. And GvG is introducing a card which allows you to get a major discount on on beasts. You can play this guy on turn 3. It defies everything that we knew to be true about card balance.

The alarm-o-bot has always been a thing that can bring late-game minions into battle. But, just like the new hunter card, it's going to be very rare.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The alarm-o-bot has always been a thing that can bring late-game minions into battle. But, just like the new hunter card, it's going to be very rare.
    It's not comparable at all. An alarm-o-bot is an incredibly weak and easy to kill minion, there's no guarantee that it's going to do anything except soak up a pittance of damage. Call Beast always gets you a card at the very least (and as Wild Growth attests to drawing a card for 2 mana is not ideal but fair enough as a side effect) and in a beast themed deck (which already has quite a bit of viability and is semi-integrated into current Hunter decks) it gets you insane value a lot of the time. It's like 0 mana draw a beast and an innervate.

Sure, they play tested Leeroy and it was part of the 10% that required a minor adjustment of 1 extra mana.

The main problem with the dude is that it's a 7 mana minion with no instant effect. Something like Savannah Highmane is good only because it's hard to fully remove when the opponent has a small/empty board, and Ghaz is a.) more expensive, b.) can have a max of one copy (so you can't really run synergists), and c.) has no deathrattle. Hell, the effect makes it an easier clear - just run a 1/1 into it and shoot it down with a BGH.

As someone who plays heavy control most times - about 60-70% of my games are on control warrior/ramp druid - and I think I get a second turn with an 8+ mana minion maybe one time out of ten. Once you start talking about minions that cost more than 5, the stats themselves start to become irrelevant and it's about the instantaneous effect and whether it will outweigh the chance of reducing your handsize by one for the first n turns of the game and how easily it's removed. It's vulnerable to basically everything, and has no effect. For a hunter? I'd never run the dude.

Deleted
    I get that often this will get removed. If you rely on ramping this up to 30+ damage in order to win you're going to have a bad time. But if you include it in a deck as one of many possible win conditions it's a very solid card. Worst case scenario it's a big, slow minion that will eat up some hard removal. Best case scenario you win with it. Add in the Call Pet synergy and this is a very good card. I could definitely see it in beast decks, or in deathrattle/damage your own minions deck. Ghaz'rilla, Acolyte, Web Spinner, Leper Gnome, Nerubian eggs - these are all cards that you want to get killed off. I think there's definitely the beginnings of a deck there.

Added Burly Rockjaw Trogg.

Miracle has something to worry about now if it can't kill this efficiently.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    Added Burly Rockjaw Trogg.

Miracle has something to worry about now if it can't kill this efficiently.
    Between Loatheb, Leeroy Nerf, Bomb Lobber and now this, as well as the lack of any new spells so far for Rogue, Miracle is looking to be in pretty dire straits indeed.