Deleted

Worst Launch Ever?

"Worst Launch Ever?" I actually googled it before making this thread, all the results were WoW threads. I think this awful launch just proves that the only thing Blizzard cares about is making awesome cinematics that sell their sh!t product (apart from using subscribers money on making choppers I guess). I mean, 9 months without any new content patch is extreme too but damn..

So you googled it, saw that all result were WoW threads, then you came here and made another one?

surely, while you were searching that topic, you coulda searched these forums, as there is currently a bajillion threads talking about this very issue right now.

But sure, worst launch ever.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by DanskenV View Post
    "Worst Launch Ever?" I actually googled it before making this thread, all the results were WoW threads. I think this awful launch just proves that the only thing Blizzard cares about is making awesome cinematics that sell their sh!t product (apart from using subscribers money on making choppers I guess). I mean, 9 months without any new content patch is extreme too but damn..
    14 months. Not 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    You googled it, but didn't look down the page to already see a thread similar titled?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Deleted
    I did, but I made a new thread, I feel like we cant have enough threads on the issue

Deleted
    It's the worst launch ever (year 2014 - god sake) and they should be ashamed of this service they are offering.. and don't listen to their annoying fan-boys in forums that they will back em up all the time and they will say we are "idiots" .. ignore them!! what is happening is ridiculous for a game that you are paying that much money

This is objectively the buggiest launch of WoW expansion ever. Not maybe the one with most downtime (that would be original launch) but definately the buggiest.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Agreed, dont listen to the MvPs they are only backing up Blizzard because they do not want to get demoted plus they dont know anything about the game. This is indeed the worst launch ever, even worse than BC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stratigoc1 View Post
    they will say we are "idiots" .. ignore them!!
    That's the right attitude!

It's good to see that so many people are passionate, at least, even if y'all got a bad beginning to talk about.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    it's also stupid to talk about launches of Vanilla and BC since they were 10..WHOLE 10 years ago..and they also now have experience from 6 expansions..and it's LIKE THAT!! so bringing for an example the launch of Vanilla or BC is also very stupid

Deleted
    Because an mmo game is sooo easy to maintenance/bugfix for. Other games have had no problems at (xpac)launch at all. Who cares if WoW has a massive amount of players all trying to play at the same time, way more than their previous stress test handled. They're all lazy and should spend all the money on hardware for this first week/month before that hardware becomes obsolete due to player base dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    *snip pic*
    It's, it's like watching Miranda Kerr take a dump. I know I should be disgusted, but I want it so much.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

The problem will fix itself as more and more people are getting annoyed and giving up on trying to log in/play, if that is a good solution to the problem? I don't know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    It's, it's like watching Miranda Kerr take a dump. I know I should be disgusted, but I want it so much.
    lol... +1

The biggest problems are on servers that have massive populations. This has always been a problem but in Cata and MoP where the population of the whole player base dropped pretty drastically (several million over the time of those 2 expansions) a lot of smaller servers boar the brunt. This lead to massive migrations to specific servers by individuals and even guilds because no one wanted to go to a "dead" realm. Although the reality of these realms are that they are not dead, just not cram packed with people. This compounded the issue. Suddenly all recruitment was funneled into those few specific servers. This forced more guilds and individuals to them. Guilds go to them so they can actually get people to raid/pvp/rp or whatever with. Individuals go there to have guilds to join. It is now at the point of an endless spiral of inflation that the severs are going to have trouble with at every patch and expansion. I think even if they did a massive technology overhaul this would still be the case unfortunately. Just to many people and the internet and hardware even today has its limits. The server shows as 'Full' yet likely has the highest transfer rate TO it. You start to see where the problem lies.

Then top all that off with cool script kiddies DDoSing all day for no good reason.

I play on a realm that is pretty much always medium. While yes there was a que to join just about all day yesterday it was 15-30 minutes at its peak. Also yes at times when you went to areas with TONs of people you experienced lag it wasn't game breaking or unplayable. This is likely where server levels are designed to be at. But unfortunately in today's 'hip WoW players' mind this realm is 'totally dead' because you don't have a constant spam to join shit with ilvl checks and achieve epeen tests. I have openraid and the group finder tool now, so, that worry has gone the way of the dinosaur. With AH linked between alliance and horde it is so packed with goods it feels like I remember the Area52 AH felt when I was motivated to play on one of these massive junk servers. Looks to me like it is the realms that are alive and well and will be enjoying leveling over the next few weeks. The game has been designed in such a fashion now that you do not need the endless sea of people with an endless sea of guilds to accomplish much of anything anymore. A server with a smaller yet still 'healthy' population is the way to go. I just hope a ton of people do not migrate to here and ruin it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we definitely can have enough threads on the issue. Please post here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...in-WoW-history
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)