Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    zones look amazing (but feel small for some reason?)
    questing is fun.
    lots of gear options while leveling is fun, miles ahead of the "vendors" every 2 zones forcing us to buy questing gear in MoP.
    garrisons are fun, but overdone IMO.

i'm kinda pissed at how professions have been handled. that was one of my favorite aspects of the game. and why i enjoyed alts as much as i do/did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I mean more in terms of people having mostly praise for the expansion as it has just come out.

Exactly. So people are mostly happy about it right now because they have something new. So most comments about the actual expansion content are positive. Other than the queue times, ofc.
    I suppose you're right in that. I just don't remember being as excited about an expansion, and having it deliver, as I have this one. Perhaps thats just me looking back with my rosey glasses
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It's funny how much complaining on the forums there were about Garrisons when they were first introduced. In the end most people seem to really enjoy it. lol

Deleted
    I like all things so far. I just can't stop playing. The thing that i don't like is Ashran, which is for laughs.
    I mean, seriously, one of the worst gameplays in WoW from TBC till now.
    As i said all the other things are very nice!

to get rid of the elephant in the room, obviously the queue times and the release day latency is awful but not unexpected
    as far as the actual content of the expansion its absolutely amazing, garrisons are very cool and useful, every zone is absolutely gorgeous and the questing is fast paced and keeps you interested in whats going on, i only just started getting into max level content and am waiting in a queue right now to get some more play time in, but even with the ridiculous queue times i still find myself really wanting to log in to see more of this expansion, so im very happy about that

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    My reaction to your post was "Stop using this word, please." with regards to using the word "everyone".

I have no idea what "The instance" is. Are we just talking about a dungeon and people needing to read the quests they have to do in there?

Disdain? Do you enjoy imagining things?

Fun thing about a forum, I can comment when I wish.
    Yes you can comment on anything without even buying the game, but your credibility vs people who ARE playing is NILL.

The Instance is the most famous PODCAST on WOW btw.

Easily my favourite levelling experience, a truly moving story from an alliance point of view. Zones are beautifully done and music is outstanding especially in Talador, sends shivers down my spine when I hear the sad but catchy melodies. Garrison is great but Ashran is rubbish. So far for me with the dungeons to do this week I'd give it 9/10 I have even considered a return to raiding which I didn't think I would do again.

Quote Originally Posted by AestostheInsane View Post
    Levelling seems pretty fast... I'm 97 and probably have had an actual play time of around 8-10 hrs
    Thats fast. Ive played 5 hours and have only just hit 92.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Zones are beautiful,
    Quests are well done,
    Ashran is pointless,
    Garrisons are amaze-balls,
    Raiding is too far away.

Queues are crap
    LOL! loved that comment!
    I have to agree with all of the above..

I´ve been maining a tank in MoP, and thinking about going DPS for this expansion - thus gearing a DPS.. My queues have been around 50mins all day, and instant on my tank :S

I´m very pleased with the content I´ve seen so far, but I do have a couple of negative things:

1. Our main city is in Ashran, which is miles away from the other zones.. All other expansions had their main cities smack in the middle of all the fun... Why do we need to fly all the way out there - I think people would rather stay in their Garrison all the time, because its easier to get to/away from..

2. I main a Horde char, and I feel Alliance have cooler looking buildings in their Garrison (I know thats a matter of opinion and not a fact)
    I also think that Shadowmoon Valley is cooler and more beautiful than Frostfire Ridge..

That being said, I love the questing in Frostfire Ridge..
    Speaking of questing, I got lvl 100 before even setting foot in Nargrand - which was the zone I was looking forward to the most (wierd I know)
    I always complete zones to 100% before I move on.. But it was kinda wierd to quest in Nargrand as lvl 100, would much rather have done it while 98-99.. (Another wierd thing, I know)
    But options for lvling-zones are good, I guess, so you dont have to follow the same pattern for all alts

VERY excited for raids to open, and I know my raiding team feels the same way

Aside from the launch farce content/quest design and overall layout of the zones gets a 9/10 from me easily the best experience i have had.

You can set your HS in Ashran AND have a seperate HS in your Garrison, while there are portals to your main cities in Ashran.

Why fly ?

15+ Year Old Account
    From a Horde PoV, the leveling experience (story-wise) was somewhat lackluster. Durotan and Draka are incredibly boring characters, and the glimpses I got of the Draenei in Talador (my favourite zone) and Auchindoun made me want to faction change my character for the first time ever. Sadly you can't stay the same race or I would have done so already.

Garrisons are fun, though grinding treasures/rares to get past the initial start up costs was annoying. That said, the treasures/rares are quite fun to hunt. Except in Nagrand.

I somewhat wish the followers were expanded on a bit -- I feel like the bodyguard trait should have just been something that every follower has, for one. And on that note, Bodyguards seriously need some rework because as of right now they are essentially squishy, retarded pets that you can't control.

Overall pretty good. Definitely better than Cata and looking to be better than Wrath. I'm looking forward to leveling my Alliance character, though it may be a somewhat bitter experience because of how shitty the Horde experience was.

My favorite so far. I've hit 100 and can't wait to level alts. The zones, the quests, and omg the thrall hellscream cut scene no words for it ,just fantastic

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Garrisons are garbage.
    There is not real choice to make. War Mill is absolutely mandatory.
    Zones are well-made. The level 100 areas in every zone are awesome.
    No flight makes the world matter. Thinking about how to travel and how to maneuver through zones is fun.
    Dungeons are way too linear for me.

Secured my end-of-expansion Best-CM-time title 15 hours after launch

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zone artwork is really nice. Which is the only reason I bought the expansion. Quests are layed out nicely. Garrisons just seem like overhead and the devopment $$$ should have been spent on new profs, race/classes. JMHO.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    The content is quite good (though not particularly mindboggling) but all the new features seem designed to take ridiculously long, slowing progression down in an artificial way behind simple waiting times. The whole garrison thing feels like a Facebook game.

Quote Originally Posted by AestostheInsane View Post
    Ok, so past all the shit and garbage about the queue, and some bugs... Once you actually got in, and got to play... what did we think??

I'm currently 97... gone through the first... 4 Zones... Frostfire, Gorgond, Talador, and Most way through Arakk... Personally, I'm pretty happy with it. There are positive and negatives to condensing the quests to more of a storyline linear type quests... mainly just kind of making it overcrowded, but the story itself is amazing... I don't feel like the quests are super grindy, they don't seem as annoying as some previous expansions. Levelling seems pretty fast... I'm 97 and probably have had an actual play time of around 8-10 hrs... A lot of features are making things easy to use, I do enjoy all the little timeless isle type features the recycled on the minimap with the expansion... Talador the end of zone had the most amazing fucking cinematic I think I've seen in game... I won't say for spoiler reasons, but when you see it you'll know... I wasn't crazy about Arakk until I got to the little haunted zone, so it feels like there's enough variety that every zone is at least a little fun... how does everyone else feel?
    Just wait till you see Nagrand... this expansion has been bloody epic on the story telling. As little as I cared for the MoP story, they kicked in high gears this time around. It's almost Bioware level quality. The old Bioware, pre-EA time. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you liked wow before, you will like WoD.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The profession system sucks, like really bad, zones are nice, questing is nice, the overall idea of garrisons is good but needs some fine tuning, lack of addressing bugs in beta sucks, queues suck, can't comment on raiding or PvP yet.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the zones so far are beautiful.

Questing has been interesting and at times really great (alliance side, haven't done horde side 90-92 yet).

Garrisons are ridiculously fun.

Haven't done any dungeons yet.

Interested in Ashran-style zerg PVP but not to 100 yet where I'll start with it so no opinion.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-11-17 at 03:01 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."