Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Unless you are a boosted or relatively unused alt, none of the non heroic dungeon runs will result in an upgrade

Deleted
    Problem is, bosses might actually not drop any loot whatsoever for anyone. Yes this happens. So on average it seems the lot drop chance is actually lower in the past and gearing will take longer for several reasons. I personally dislike the system, what I dislike the most is that if I queue with friends from another realm this system kicks in automatically, why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Unless you are a boosted or relatively unused alt, none of the non heroic dungeon runs will result in an upgrade
    I had full mythic, level 100 dungeons drop ilevel 515~ stuff. So just not true.

Deleted
    I have done easy 35 dungeons since I hit 100 and I have gone from 602 to 608. I am gearing resto and keep getting dps trinkets etc. So yes the new system is a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I have done easy 35 dungeons since I hit 100 and I have gone from 602 to 608. I am gearing resto and keep getting dps trinkets etc. So yes the new system is a joke.
    It's intended to slow the gearing down using "ninjas" as a cover. Often bosses don't drop any loot for anyone, if they do you might get stuff you already have someone else would've needed and seeing how every boss can now pretty much drop everything you might very well get the same item several times over from different bosses.

im on day 3 of dungeon farm and althought in day i got multiple upgrades last 2 days i got only 1 usefull piece - rest are just usless junk copies of loot i already have - i really do not understand whats the point of each boss being able to drop u each version of each parts - aka 5 versiosn of rings from boss and eveyr boss droping it can drop each vrsion - for me ...retarded - i really dislike current hc dungeon loot system - cant wait till normal opens so i could gear up normal way.

Generally I love this expansion so far, but I have to agree about personal loot. When I spend time to kill a boss in a dungeon I expect to see gear even if it's NOT for me. Why should I spend time grinding dungeons if bosses just don't drop loot? What about D/E rolls? Many mobs don't drop loot now either. Lower silver/gold than MoP and no more cloth or even good vendor worthy greys. They cut back on loot too much.

Deleted
    RNG is RNG, unsub if you wish.

7+ Year Old Account
    The QQ is real

Form a premade group, set loot rules to Group Loot / Need before Greed.

Voila! Problem solved.

Or, unsub. I don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Such a strange debate. There are many ways to gear up and thus, if you hate dungeons, don't run them. If you don't like dungeons or questing or PvP or gathering for crafted either, well, maybe this game isn't for you. If you love dungeons, like I do, then gear upgrades are just a bonus to the run. It's easy to group up for 5mans instead of LFD, particularly right now when there are thousands of other players on your server wanting to run the same instance. This is an issue manufactured by people too lazy to think about a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Who said 1 upgrade?
    1 DROP in 5 dungeons is pretty damn shitty, compared to group loot which averages out to 1 item per 5 bosses if all armor classes are covered.
    Add the fact that personal loot seems to be completely broken, giving "loot spec appropriate items" like agility gear for dks, bonus armor for priests etc
    i got around 10 items in 3 dungeons. RnG is Rng

Quote Originally Posted by M1k0 View Post
    5 instances - 1 drop.
    In Wrath I once ran 17 heroics on a fresh 80 before any appropriate gear dropped.

Point is, RNG is RNG, and 5 instances is hardly much of a sample size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Who said 1 upgrade?
    1 DROP in 5 dungeons is pretty damn shitty, compared to group loot which averages out to 1 item per 5 bosses if all armor classes are covered.
    You're comparing your specific luck in this case (1 drop in 5 dungeons) vs a general average which assumes that you somehow got into the perfect mix of armor types in a random group? That's not even remotely the same. Hate to break it to you, but people went 5 or more dungeons without winning loot in previous expansions too. That's how RNG works. Do you know what the first letter of RNG stands for?

personal loot is the best option to go with, our group spams heroics to gear up our core raiders and at times RNG is RNG but there has many times where all 5 of us got an item at the same time of the same boss! so in a way I think its the best option and the fastest to gear up.

I hate the LFG loot system; it's very retarded to take all control away from the players in the looting process; and incredibly stupid if you're say queuing with a friend and you get an item you already have and he needs but it didn't drop for him; at least make it impossible to get the same item or an item you simply don't need since you're in effect depriving it of others that might need loot.

So liek, we hurd you enjoyed the LFR style loot bags with gold, so we put some loot bags in your warlords so you can loot bag while you warlord.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Say hello to the loot system that got introduced due to random usually elitist scumbags thinking they need everything even if they dont. That is why you cant have what you view as good things. The loot system is working as intended since so far with it not a single item have been ninja stolen by those scumbags.

Good job blizzard to make sure we put those in place.
    Hmm...

An actual, working Need before Greed system, which doesnt randomly allow a tank to roll on a healing trinket and doesnt give loot to somebody with the same/higher ilvl piece

vs

A dice roll on every boss that makes 1 more step towards "your other party members could as well be just npcs"

One required more effort to implement, by the way.

So, when you don't get anything from a boss... it's the same as if something dropped but you couldn't use it. If no one gets anything, it's like an item dropped that no one could use.

If anything, less enchanting mats are created, but honestly that's probably just fine anyhow.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by M1k0 View Post
    5 instances - 1 drop.
    Some bosses seem to have no drops, people cant greed/pass on items I need and they dont want or already have.
    Sorry but not gonna spend 4 days tanking normals for nothing. trying 2 get to ilvl610...

It was a promising expansion Blizz, shame I paid for 2 months
    I'm not a huge fan of personal loot, but it stops assholes from ninja-ing your loots. I did slagmines on my tank yesterday twice. 5 bits of personal loot for me. I got the same chest twice.

Sadly, RNG is RNG.
    Humans fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.

It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to be in it only for the loot..."I didn't get loot, how dare you expect me to spend time playing my character in an mmorpg???".

I went from 599 to 611 after 4 dungeons. No drama over people needing on stuff because they're too stupid to know about the dual spec gear changes. No ninjaing for disenchanting, no drama...I MUCH prefer personal loot since it keeps random people from raging over pixels...in most cases...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I don't know about that. I had full Mythic set, got to 100 with several 90 pieces still on and got several upgrades from normals. And this is my very much played and not at all boosted main.

Deleted
    Haven't really had an issue with this. I've ran 6 heroics now and have received a total of 5 upgrades, which is a pretty good ratio to me. Even during gearing up for ilvl 610 I only needed to go from like ilvl 605 to 610 because surprise surprise, multiple quests reward ilvl 605-610 gear anyway so you just need a few pieces which I got in like 6 runs of normals in total. Really, what's the point if you can gear your character fully in a day? The dungeons are mostly a lot of fun, too.
    If you want an alternate method for getting into heroics you can do a few RBGs to buy one or two pieces of ilvl 620 honor gear, although quest rewards and a couple random dungeons worked great for me.

Even if the set bonuses were better, the main thing is the ilvl 610 requirement for Heroics moreso than the items actually being better.

Oh, and you're mostly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    In that time you could have done the quests for 5+ ilvl 605-610 items in your weakest slots and most likely reached ilvl 610 ages ago.

Oh and you have your loot spec probably wrong, loot for different specs doesn't drop.
    Last edited by mmoc06f0881615; 2014-11-17 at 11:30 PM.