Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Noxxic... Satire, Troll, or just bad?

So I was talking in guild about noxxic earlier, then someone mentioned it in a post here as a source they were using. It seems not everyone knows that noxxic's guides and sims are completely wrong, and actually use it as a reference. I took a look again at their site and it defiantly looks well developed, just all the information on it is straight up incorrect. Is it a satire site, a troll site, or do the people running it simply lack any knowledge of the game?

I don't even know what that is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    So I was talking in guild about noxxic earlier, then someone mentioned it in a post here as a source they were using. It seems not everyone knows that noxxic's guides and sims are completely wrong, and actually use it as a reference. I took a look again at their site and it defiantly looks well developed, just all the information on it is straight up incorrect. Is it a satire site, a troll site, or do the people running it simply lack any knowledge of the game?
    Nonsense. They may not always have the best rotations, but good enough for normal players and to say that everything is incorrect is just nonsense. What else is there? Icy Veins? Reading two pages of text just to find out your rotation? No thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Nonsense. They may not always have the best rotations, but good enough for normal players and to say that everything is incorrect is just nonsense. What else is there? Icy Veins? Reading two pages of text just to find out your rotation? No thanks.
    Icy veins is way more then listing rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    Icy veins is way more then listing rotations.
    So is Noxxic.

Deleted
    So is Noxxic.
    Did i say otherwise?

15+ Year Old Account
    When looking up info for alts, I just google the spec and the very first hit is noxxic, followed by icy veins. I ALWAYS use icy veins just because noxxic has always been kinda awkward to navigate for me personally. Can't comment on the quality of their info.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

There are correct rotations and then there are incorrect rotations. If you aren't listing the correct one, you are listing the latter. The same goes for enchants, gemming, stat priorities, talents and DPS rankings.

When it comes to raw numbers, you can have only correct or incorrect numbers. If you personally are too lazy to read about 30 lines of text, totaling probably 100 words in order to not be a terrible burden to every group you join then thats on you, not the site.

Deleted
    icy veins is just for pve noxxic is for both and is partnered with wowhead at the botto mof there site

10+ Year Old Account
    Noxxic is Toxxic

So I went to check it out to see if it really is bad.

Is this page broken for anyone else?

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/hunter/survival

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    There are correct rotations and then there are incorrect rotations. If you aren't listing the correct one, you are listing the latter. The same goes for enchants, gemming, stat priorities, talents and DPS rankings.

When it comes to raw numbers, you can have only correct or incorrect numbers. If you personally are too lazy to read about 30 lines of text, totaling probably 100 words in order to not be a terrible burden to every group you join then thats on you, not the site.
    You're taking the game a little too seriously. It's really not as black and white as that unless you're on the very cutting edge. Not everyone is going to go the extremes required to get 100% out of their character. Icy-Veins & Noxxic exist to teach people how to play their characters, not necessarily how to play their characters perfectly. What you call an incorrect rotation is simply the basic rotation that hasn't been refined perfectly to fit that player's gear/gems/enchants/exact build/etc. It's better than anything they're going to come up with on their own.

If you think that a player is a terrible burden on every group they join because they're like 3% less effective than they could be if they went to the extremes that you do, then you are most definitely taking the game too seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just checked out the noxxic rotation for ret and unsurprisingly it gives incorrect information with regards on how to use the buff from FV while also failing to provide any information on how to use Seraphim or EmpSeals. If someone can't bother spending 2 minutes to read up on their class then I sure as hell don't want them anywhere near me. Noxxic uses more words to say less than the guides on Icy-veins, seems kinda stupid to waste your time on a source that is inefficient and wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like we found where all of the bad pugs are getting their info from.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're taking the game a little too seriously. It's really not as black and white as that unless you're on the very cutting edge. Not everyone is going to go the extremes required to get 100% out of their character. Icy-Veins & Noxxic exist to teach people how to play their characters, not necessarily how to play their characters perfectly. What you call an incorrect rotation is simply the basic rotation that hasn't been refined perfectly to fit that player's gear/gems/enchants/exact build/etc. It's better than anything they're going to come up with on their own.

If you think that a player is a terrible burden on every group they join because they're like 3% less effective than they could be if they went to the extremes that you do, then you are most definitely taking the game too seriously.
    That's not even the problem. The problem is that there are people out there looking for proper information and are given false instead. If your website has 1 goal, and that goal is to give out information, why on earth would you spread out incorrect information? If there were no alternatives, sure, 90% accurate beats nothing. But there are.

Lets look at shadow priest.

Current Shadow priest stat weights are Int>Haste>Multistrike>Crit>Mastery>Versatility as seen http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6291

Noxxic has them listed as Intellect > Mastery > Haste > Multistrike = Crit > Versatility as seen http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/priest.../stat-priority

They are valuing our worst stat (Mastery) as our highest stat.

They also have the following rotation

Devouring Plague with >= 3 Shadow Orbs.
    Mind Blast on cooldown with <= 5 Shadow Orbs. Generates Shadow Orbs.
    Shadow Word Death when target is below 20% health. Generates Shadow Orbs.
    Mind Flay with Devouring Plague on the target.
    Shadow Word Pain maintained at all times. Refresh with <= 5 sec remaining.
    Vampiric Touch maintained at all times. Refresh with <= 4 sec remaining.
    Mind Flay as a filler spell.
    Which is COMPLETELY wrong as shadowpriests no longer even cast mindflay.

A current proper rotation looks like MB - MSx3 - MB - MSx3 - MB - MSx3 - MB - SW:P+VT+Halo/SF - MB - DP - Insanity - Insanity - MB - DP - Insanity - Insanity - MB - MSx3
    Last edited by Mercarcher; 2014-11-23 at 10:04 PM.

Not sure why people complain about Noxxic so much, it was relatively accurate for resto druid although I don't think they updated haste breakpoints for the 13k haste breakpoint that rduids could reasonably hit prior to 6.0 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    Did i say otherwise?
    Ironically, he also didn't say anything about icy-veins only offering rotational advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are normal players terribads now? That's awfully elitist of you.

Noxxic used to be accurate back in Cata. I remember using them after finding the same info on icy veins, only it was presented in an easier to understand way. I stopped using them during MoP because they started the expansion off with outdated information, which is probably the case here.
    "The more we nurture our perversions the more human we become."
    -Vendetta Red

Prudes...