Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't really have a preference for the clash settings. But whatever you make it, it should be documented in the settings interface in my opinion.

If I had to choose between overwriting or additional clash settings, I'd make them overwriting. That way someone could have a lower clash for the individual spells, but a higher global one. But I have no idea if that would actually be useful for something.

edit: Why is there no spell specific clash setting for Judgment?
    Last edited by cremor; 2015-04-02 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    edit: Why is there no spell specific clash setting for Judgment?
    Does it need one? It's trivial to add now, regardless.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

clcRet/clcInfo never had it because back when it was implemented there, Judgment was last in our priority list (at least that's how I remember it). Now that Exo is last, but only without T17 proc, I think all HP builders should have it.
    Last edited by cremor; 2015-04-02 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    clcRet/clcInfo never had it because back when it was implemented there, Judgment was last in our priority list (at least that's how I remember it). Now that Exo is last, but only without T17 proc, I think all HP builders should have it.
    Alright, added to the newest alpha.

I just wanted to say thank you for the outstanding addon. My gains since switching from clcret have been nothing short of amazing. Thanks again for taking the time to do this!

Definitely going to have to try this addon out after what I've seen here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im a complete noob to Ret pally as it is my third alt that I plan to play, can anyone just give me a quick set up guide? Just let me know what some of you who have experienced higher dps with this over CLCret and tell me what you did lol... is that easy?

i simply downloaded hekili and that was it... everything is prety much done for you

7+ Year Old Account
    So, it will show when i need to use my CDs without me having to do anything? Im just really confused after lvling all the way with CLCret and seeing two bars and that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuntsy View Post
    So, it will show when i need to use my CDs without me having to do anything? Im just really confused after lvling all the way with CLCret and seeing two bars and that stuff.
    There's a guide in my signature that might answer most of your questions -- it's new, let me know if it glosses over anything that you have questions about. Please check it out, and then read the following and let me know if I missed anything important. Thanks!

By default, the upper display is your AOE priority list. That display assumes that you have enough targets to want to AOE, regardless as to whether the addon has detected any targets. The bottom display is a "primary" display, which is set up to respond to the "Mode" option. You can set to Single Target mode, and the bottom display will always show single target actions. You can set to AOE mode, and the bottom display will always show AOE actions. You can set to Auto mode, and the bottom display will make recommendations -- single target or AOE -- based on the number of enemies the addon has detected.

People usually do one of the following:

1. For two displays, it can be useful to have your AOE display as is and your Primary display set to Single Target. Now, you're making a judgment call about which display is important. For instance, on the Blast Furnace fight, I probably want to follow the single target recommendations while burning down a Primal Elementalist, but cleaning up Firecallers might be a good time to use AOE.

2. For one display, you can disable the AOE display (/hekili > Displays > Ret: AOE > Uncheck Enabled). On the Filters and Keybinds tab, you can set the Switch Type to Auto and the Current Mode to Auto. Now, your primary display will show recommendations based on the number of targets detected. Additionally, you can bind a Mode Switch key and then, while in a fight, you can force the display to switch between Single Target and Auto by tapping the key you set.

For cooldowns, you can bind a key to tell the addon if you want it to recommend your cooldown abilities or not. It is also on the Filters and Keybinds tab. This is useful because, in any given fight, there may be several choices you need to make about when to pop your cooldowns. If you know your raid is going to pop Bloodlust in 30 seconds, but your Avenging Wrath comes up in 15, you might want to press your button to turn off cooldown recommendations so it doesn't spend 15 seconds telling you to pop AW when you're waiting for Bloodlust. Then, you can tap the key again and the addon will recommend cooldown abilities.

Deleted
    There are lots of options to fine tune it but for general purpose it works great out of the box.

What I have done is turn off the other (aoe) bar since i saw no real need for it. For the main bar i made first icon a bit bigger to it looks similar to clcret.
    one of the biggest advantages i think hekili has over clcret are its keybinds for some of the toggles you might find interesting and useful. (mode switch, show or dont show cooldowns, interrupts, t90 talents)

Nvm this.

For others: Download Masque and install whatever UI Icon Packs you want. This addon supports it
    Last edited by Sarenas; 2015-04-16 at 03:51 PM.
    ---
    Sarenas - Sarcane - Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by Urthearso
    "you cunt go die already i want to pull wings" - Sarenas every BL

Any reason why there haven't been a release tag in quite some time? I feel like some of the latest updates would really benefit the users of the addon, especially the improved feeling of the update speed after r192.

The big hold-up is supporting trinkets. I was hoping Adirelle would update LibItemBuffs so I could rely on it to inform the addon which buffs are provided by which trinkets, but I ended up needing to update it myself (using Adi's tools, which needed some tweaking for the latest Wowhead data).

I'm going to import all the latest SimulationCraft action lists, make the interrupt/buff tweaks, and upload a beta version which will get flagged as release if no major issues are identified.

But you're right. It's been super slow.

Aloha all!

First, I wanna thank those of you who have shown interest in the addon over the past year and a half. I've just posted the 200th revision of the addon and we crossed the 100,000 downloads mark on Curse this week as well. I appreciate the critical feedback and questions y'all have shared as we get to this point.

With that said, this version has been flagged as beta and has some significant changes I wanted to give y'all a head's up about.

1. The SimulationCraft importer is now much more robust. In fact, I've used it to auto-generate all the action lists and displays within the addon itself, instead of manually building them myself. I did have to manually add the raid buff and interrupts to the action lists, since those are not in the SimulationCraft APLs.

Keep in mind, this is beta, so there could be glitches, but I think I worked out enough of the kinks for some live testing. Give it a shot and please report any issues you discover.

2. The Filters and Keybinds section was renamed to Toggles.

3. There is now a Class Settings panel. For Paladins, this is where you can set a binding for your Tier 90 abilities and Mitigation abilities. Additionally, you can set ability-specific clash values for CS, Exo, HoW, and Judgment.

For mitigation abilities, you can set a threshold for how much incoming damage you have to take before it recommends those abilities.

Remember, the addon responds reactively to damage. If the addon recommends a mitigation ability, that means you probably should've already used that ability on your own.

4. Action lists can now call other action lists, in addition to the traditional hooks on each display.

5. Supporting trinket procs is underway. The addon should pretty reliably be able to tell what buffs your trinkets proc, but it's still a work-in-progress.

Anyway, because there are some dramatic changes, I would recommend creating a test profile when upgrading to r200. If you run into issues or there's something you don't like, you can then downgrade and use your old profile.

Mahalo!

P.S. If you have a hunter, give the addon a try on your hunter! I'd appreciate any critical feedback you have for Hunters. Credit goes to Novicks for creating the initial hunter module.
    Last edited by Hekili; 2015-04-23 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Aloha all!

First, I wanna thank those of you who have shown interest in the addon over the past year and a half. I've just posted the 200th revision of the addon and we crossed the 100,000 downloads mark on Curse this week as well. I appreciate the critical feedback and questions y'all have shared as we get to this point.

With that said, this version has been flagged as beta and has some significant changes I wanted to give y'all a head's up about.

1. The SimulationCraft importer is now much more robust. In fact, I've used it to auto-generate all the action lists and displays within the addon itself, instead of manually building them myself. I did have to manually add the raid buff and interrupts to the action lists, since those are not in the SimulationCraft APLs.

Keep in mind, this is beta, so there could be glitches, but I think I worked out enough of the kinks for some live testing. Give it a shot and please report any issues you discover.

2. The Filters and Keybinds section was renamed to Toggles.

3. There is now a Class Settings panel. For Paladins, this is where you can set a binding for your Tier 90 abilities and Mitigation abilities. Additionally, you can set ability-specific clash values for CS, Exo, HoW, and Judgment.

For mitigation abilities, you can set a threshold for how much incoming damage you have to take before it recommends those abilities.

Remember, the addon responds reactively to damage. If the addon recommends a mitigation ability, that means you probably should've already used that ability on your own.

4. Action lists can now call other action lists, in addition to the traditional hooks on each display.

5. Supporting trinket procs is underway. The addon should pretty reliably be able to tell what buffs your trinkets proc, but it's still a work-in-progress.

Anyway, because there are some dramatic changes, I would recommend creating a test profile when upgrading to r200. If you run into issues or there's something you don't like, you can then downgrade and use your old profile.

Mahalo!

P.S. If you have a hunter, give the addon a try on your hunter! I'd appreciate any critical feedback you have for Hunters. Credit goes to Novicks for creating the initial hunter module.
    Hello! I'd like to thank you for your contribution! Using this addon on my shaman and its completly awesome! BTW hunters are now included (in version 200)? I tried it but no rotation Windows showed up. Also are all 3 specs supported?

Quote Originally Posted by jirkamcz View Post
    Hello! I'd like to thank you for your contribution! Using this addon on my shaman and its completly awesome! BTW hunters are now included (in version 200)? I tried it but no rotation Windows showed up. Also are all 3 specs supported?
    Should be there. I'll see if there's an issue with the defaults. Is it possible you just don't have the addon loaded/enabled on your hunter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Should be there. I'll see if there's an issue with the defaults. Is it possible you just don't have the addon loaded/enabled on your hunter?
    Sorry my bad - after /hekili and general - enable it works! thanks a lot man for this awesome addon!

I just read something about a GCD ability switch in the changelog. Do you know about the Global Cooldown spell? That should work for every class and spec. WeakAuras recently switched to it for all GCD triggers (instead of requiring the user to enter a spell) and it seems to work fine.

Also, I noticed that the addon description on Curse doesn't really say that it is a priority helper until far down in the FAQ section. Could maybe be improved to get some new users

Deleted
    I downloaded this for the PTR as copying my stuff from live was causing problems. I do have a couple of queries:

1) Is it possible to take the level 90 talents out of the rotation? I couldn't see an obvious way to do this.
    2) It had the priority system a bit off. I don't know if it was the PTR doing something, but it had exorcism as high priority even without the t17 buff.