Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How is your dps?

I know it too early (day two) to really be able to tell. But, how is everyone's dps in Highmaul? I'm really excited to see how shadow does this go around!

Quote Originally Posted by Notouchiez View Post
    I know it too early (day two) to really be able to tell. But, how is everyone's dps in Highmaul? I'm really excited to see how shadow does this go around!
    Single target is fine, cleave unexpectedly we are going to have issues evidenced by the sad state of Mind Sear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running ToF, and with our exceptional execute phase damage, I'm noticing my damage being upper middle pack til the boss drops into SW-D range.

As soon as that happens, I start to climb, usually ending up close to top behind a couple of other classes.

We seem significantly stronger - those people beating outgear me by 5+ ilvls.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Running ToF, and with our exceptional execute phase damage, I'm noticing my damage being upper middle pack til the boss drops into SW-D range.

As soon as that happens, I start to climb, usually ending up close to top behind a couple of other classes.

We seem significantly stronger - those people beating outgear me by 5+ ilvls.
    We only had enough time to kill Kargath before the OCE servers melted down but I found the exact same thing, was 7/8 on the meters for most of the fight and then ended as #3 only losing out to our Hunter/Rogue that have 7+ iLvl's up on me.

Deleted
    So far, so good to be honest. I can't recall a time when classes were balanced so closely by the first tier of an expac, it's great to sort of be in and around the main pack for the majority of the fight and then to just soar when the boss hits 35%. Hated CoP initially and was seriously considering just playing something else, but once you've practiced DoTweaving to the point muscle memory kicks in, can perform to the same standard I used to when we were a DoT class. Obviously trash and stuff still sucks but for all boss fights so far (granted it's only been three), I've felt justified in sticking with the spriest.

Not very movement intensive so far though, pretty static for most of Kargath and The Butcher, so guess I'll re-evaluate after the first movement fight.

Deleted
    Did some flex raiding today. My ilevel was ~638. On Kargath I scored 21k, but I fucked up some and since we oneshotted him I didn't get another try. On Butcher I was able to perform pretty much to the best of my ability since the fight was so straightforward (and because we wiped once thanks to our whole meleegroup dying), and pulled 22k. My gear is extremely haste and multistrike heavy, I'm pretty sure I could've done more with mastery, though I can't be 100% sure since college has been eating a lot of my time lately and I haven't simmed myself yet. On top of that I'm still not quite sure what to do during heroism, so I might've lost some DPS there

Every other boss I was at the top of our casters but couldn't compete with classes like hunters and monks at all. Honestly hunters felt insanely overpowered, a ranged class with none of the downsides. I don't really see any reason to not just stack as many hunters as possible

I did 15.5k dps on Kargath, but I was throwing shields/flash heals on tanks during impales (because healers were oom) and laying down feathers for people. That being considered, I'm happy with the damage.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Honestly hunters felt insanely overpowered, a ranged class with none of the downsides. I don't really see any reason to not just stack as many hunters as possible
    Top three on herioc (cleared first 4 bosses) with a hunter being second and a monk 2k or so ahead of the hunter. The damage they do is just obscene atm and hunters are just, if not more, powerful than they were in mists.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Watching Midwinter's stream yesterday and their shadow priest was kicking ass, constantly in top 5.

They had 23 alts but it is Midwinter so i'm guessing everyone knew their class inside and out even as alts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    Watching Midwinter's stream yesterday and their shadow priest was kicking ass, constantly in top 5.

They had 23 alts but it is Midwinter so i'm guessing everyone knew their class inside and out even as alts.
    a lot of guilds do that. Makes progression far easier when you funnel gear to mains.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

7+ Year Old Account
    At 640, I'm rolling around 21k on easy fights like karg/butcher/spire/ko' since there wasn't a lot of movement and multi targeting. On movement fights like tect/twins it drops to around 18-19k. Only got a few attempts in on Imp tonight but so far its looking to be around 20k dps depending on rng.

Single target, top 5 easy.

2-3 targets, top 10

full aoe (like tectus once the medium splits), yeah im rolling towards the bottom.
    Last edited by Drsolders; 2014-12-04 at 06:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    a lot of guilds do that. Makes progression far easier when you funnel gear to mains.
    I know, was just saying even as alts they were probably playing them to the classes full potential so the spriest being near the top is pretty legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently ilvl 632. Pushed top 10 in all fights (18-20k - up to Twins). Had a pretty nice increase in damage with ToF uptime which was impressive. Fights like Brackenspore are awesome for ToF.

For some reason I couldn't push more than 16.5k on Twins, I'm sure that it was just me playing it bad though.

Overall pretty happy with the DPS, would like a bit of extra damage for cleave fights but even so I found on Tectus I managed to just keep one Mote dotted and dot weave the other to keep up with the rest of the pack.
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosini View Post
    So far, so good to be honest. I can't recall a time when classes were balanced so closely by the first tier of an expac.
    This. I'm currently owning, but not retarded-MoP-warlock owning. Most DPS in my group are well within 5%. It feels great to be balanced and able to outdps other players.

I just hope they buff Mind Sear a lot and SW:P a bit too.

Deleted
    It sucks 'cause I have to do something that goes against everything I've ever done on this class. Are you moving? Get dots up! JK, we CoP now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Single target it's great, in fact it's so good that i will be surprised if they don't nerf MB damage the next 2 weeks.

The biggest letdown was trying AS and traditional rotation, not having instant mind blast after 3 weeks of abusing it it's so annoying that i won't switch even if the buff AS/VEnt sadly..

10+ Year Old Account
    You could always run SI alongside AS to get a few instant MB procs off. Don't really know how much of a loss that would be from running ToF on add heavy fights though
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Did just under 20k on fights that didn't require much movement. Dropped to 18-19k on heavy movement fights

DPS feels good right now. I kind of feel like I'm doing a dis-service to my class being #1 on single target fights though. No nerfs please.

Deleted
    Sharing 1st positions with retri paladins on single target and low hp adds. On long multi target fights Boomkins and often hunters became top dps.

Also my dps was the same on every boss we killed, roughly 22,5k. And often the same on trash .
    Last edited by mmoc8a27148bc4; 2014-12-04 at 05:07 PM.