View Poll Results: Sniper training rework?

Voters
57. This poll is closed
  • Hell yea!

3 5.26%
  • No way

26 45.61%
  • Just a little adjustment

14 24.56%
  • I don't care

15 26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Disappointed @ raids

Ive just completed normal highmaul yesterday, and I felt so weird. Ive been playing hunter for 7 yrs coz of mobility, fun etc etc.. anyway my dps was really good, top1-3 all the time... but the MM mastery just made me crazy. It is really hard to keep it up. I feel chained, something got ruined. Before sniper training, I felt free. All in all, sniper training should get a rework... I do not enjoy raids as good as I did before... Who agrees?
    Last edited by mmoccf278a5b22; 2014-12-04 at 09:17 AM.

So is this a complaint about hunters or raids?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Nextiqt View Post
    Ive just completed normal highmaul yesterday, and I felt so weird. I played hunter coz of mobility, fun etc etc.. my dps was really good, top1-3 all the time... but the MM mastery just made me crazy. It is really hard to keep it up. I feel chained, something got ruined. Before sniper training, I felt free. All in all, sniper training should get a rework... I do not enjoy the raids as good as it was before... Who agrees?
    Try another spec?

Isn't this like when SS couldn't be cast on the move anyway?

The Mastery isn't designed around you being stationary all the time anyway, you cannot get 100% uptime on it so don't sweat it that you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Oy I don't understand hunter complaints about this at all.

You have a spec that requires you to be mostly stationary to do optimal dps (LIKE VERY CASTER IN THE GAME NOW) as well as 2 other specs that do a little less dps but have no mobility restrictions whatsoever.

So what do they do? They pick the one that is highest dps because websites told them to, then complain because they have to be mostly stationary and want it changed.

Hell, when my raid was clearing heroic tonight the hunters didn't even want to be the bait controllers on butcher because the slight movement "hurt their dps". I wanted to punch them in the face and kick them out of the raid and get a caster that is far less mobile do the job instead just because they wouldn't piss and moan about it.

Hunters are like the spoiled kids of the DPS.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Hunters were too easy to play, I always felt like I was cheating running around with zero impact to my dps. At least now there's some strategy behind playing (MM at least). Having to position myself well and only move 2m at a time not to gimp dps is something interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

You have a spec that requires you to be mostly stationary to do optimal dps (LIKE VERY CASTER IN THE GAME NOW) as well as 2 other specs that do a little less dps but have no mobility restrictions whatsoever.

So what do they do? They pick the one that is highest dps because websites told them to, then complain because they have to be mostly stationary and want it changed.

Hell, when my raid was clearing heroic tonight the hunters didn't even want to be the bait controllers on butcher because the slight movement "hurt their dps". I wanted to punch them in the face and kick them out of the raid and get a caster that is far less mobile do the job instead just because they wouldn't piss and moan about it.

That was mean bro. I have been playing hunter for 7 years and yeah before sniper training it was totally ok to do the "extra job" for the raid, but now it sucks since u lose a lot of dps meanwhile moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was mean bro. I have been playing hunter for 7 years and yeah before sniper training it was totally ok to do the "extra job" for the raid, but now it sucks since u lose a lot of dps meanwhile moving.
    I don't think you lose THAT much dps tbh... I find the mastery to be a bit lackluster for MM... even when stationary unless u stack mastery u will have very little of it because your 2 main stats are Crit and multistrike... and I find Haste better than mastery because it helps with focus regen and aimed shots cast time a lot.

Deleted
    a) Sniper Training is what makes MM unique
    b) Sniper Training is harder to play than not having Sniper Training. It gives you a higher dmg potential for *drum roll* a higher skill cap.
    c) Sniper Training scales with Mastery.
    d) Mastery is a terrible stat for all Hunters right now. Don't take it.
    e) If you play it right, you will have it up almost all of the time.

In summary: Just shoot another focusing shot to pass the second it takes to get Sniper Training back up and then use your CS KS,KS AS,AS,AS... instead of being inflexible about it.

The topic name is so misleading. IMO i have no problems with mastery. I find it fun and engaging.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most of my mastery comes from the mastery buff. Do I try to do my best to maximize my sniper training uptime? Of course. Am I going to let it hinder my ability to avoid shit and do mechanics? Of course not.

Im sorry but you are just not good at it, try practice instead of crying .

Deleted
    Casters lose dps while moving aswell and they never complain. Don't act so spoiled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    Casters lose dps while moving aswell and they never complain. Don't act so spoiled.
    Most likeley cause they can "regain" the lost dmg that they missed when moving, while we lose like 5-15% of our dmg if we lose uptime on our mastery, which makes us have to stay still even longer to "regain" that dmg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    Woah guys, why is that aggression and flame?
    Who is crying? First of all, I was kinda sad coz it is the end of an era(as MM). Do not come with the casters, I chose hunter for a reason. If some one wanna play with a mage or warlock then he/she has to deal with dps loss during moving, but as a hunter I did not get used to this.
    It could be a TL: DR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Im sorry but you are just not good at it, try practice instead of crying .
    Why did you even post?

L2P Marksmanship. That simple.

Mye, I feel like it would be nice if it got reworked a bit. I like the idea of having to stand still, but I don't like that you can move 2 seconds every 5 seconds. It feels really clunky. I would rather have it be a stacking buff or something where the more you stand still the more use you get from it. That being said I only get about 4% increased damage from it right now due to mastery being crap, so meh.

Edit: Would also like to point out that the title of this thread is crap. It is about Sniper Training, name it accordingly.
    Last edited by Essenji; 2014-12-04 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

You should get better hunters, we didn't have any issue with uptime doing that. It's easy if you actually plan your movement.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    the "extra job" for the raid is usually an important job, you should be grateful your guild feels comfortable enough to assign you. Who cares about your dps if youre killing bosses

Deleted
    I understand that people who played hunter for a long time as their main will take some time to adjust to paying attention to movement, even tough it's not all that bad and actualy promotes some skill in the process. When we play for a certain way for a long time, it takes a little while to adjust.

In all honesty it's not all that important to stay completely stationary like a caster-turret since Mastery is not tuned to be massive and make-or-break your dps, it's clearly not balanced to have a 100% uptime, at least at present numbers.

What i do believe is making a lot of people QQ is the fact that it's the MM new Mastery ANDDD the fact they are playing MM for the first time seriously and are having a hard time with it's playstyle with longer cast times, high-cost focus abilities, etc. It's a massive change from playing SV/BM in previous expansion and now playing MM AND sniper training all combined into a new thing.

I personaly don't like MM playstyle, but it's not because of sniper training, wich i actualy find interesting mechanic, it's because of long cast times. Two things that a lot of people put into the same bag, but are very separate things.

This is one of the big problem i have with people today, its all about the dps, ohh i dont wanna do the extra stuff becouse then my dps will be lower than others and my e-peen will shrink, if your the one doing the extra stuff the rest of the people in the raid will know why your dps is lower than others, and most will probably be happy they have someone that can do the extra stuff and know how to do it well, than have a new one do it each time and maybe fail becouse the new one didnt really listen what to do.