Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Too much talent changing?

Hello. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels like there's too much talent changing. It's not as much of an issue in raiding as you generally have time to swap, but when doing heroics I seem to be using a lot of tomes switching between single and multiple target sets.

Single: Stormbolt, Bloodbath, Siegebreaker
    Multiple target: Dragon Roar, Bladestorm, Ravager

Am I getting those distinctions wrong?

Single target: Dragon Roar, Bloodbath, Ravager

Deleted
    There certainly is a lot of talent swapping going on as a warrior and it is slowly starting to bug me, to the point where I have to keep a stock of at least a few stacks of tomes. Also, the 45 talent changes as well whether you AoE or not in both fury and arms. It's kinda shit but at the same time I don't know whether they're able to fix it easily without breaking something.

I wouldn't choose Siegebreaker for anything, though.

Deleted
    I was using Siegebreaker because I thought that Ravager was a pain because bosses usually move around. I was also taking into account that it seemed more like an AoE spell, but I guess it does more damage overall if all 10s of Ravager hits a single target.

Why no stormbolt though? I know the damage is crap, but it still does more than DR on a single target boss?

single would be stormbolt>bloodbath>anger management

However, when you first enter heroics and your gear is on the low side...shockwave can save your booty. In raids, are there even stunable adds?

15+ Year Old Account
    Stormbolt only good for TG due to weapon scaling. DR better otherwise for ST other speccs.

Deleted
    Get the mammoth mount that sells the tomes. Helps a lot.
    Also acts as a repair bot and can get rid of vendor trash.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just stop switching for heroics^^ once you aquire half decent gear you will steamroll through heroics with any talent anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

You know all these other classes complain that they never get to change talents. Just can't please everyone.

Personally, I'd rather have to change and give some variance to my play over the next year +, than use the same abilities and never touch the others. Minor annoyance of changing more than makes up for it.

It would help if this thread mentioned specs anywhere at all, considering the fact that the choices are different depending on what you're playing.

Deleted
    I'm Fury, Teye.

Also, still wondering about StormBolt. The description says that it should do more damage than DR, so why go DR for single target?

Previous:
    Single: Stormbolt, Bloodbath, Siegebreaker

New:
    Single target: Dragon Roar, Bloodbath, Ravager

If the boss moves a lot is it worth going siegebreaker then?

I'm all good with changing talents, but why on earth do they cost an 11silver tome? this just seems like a less annoying but still annoying version of things like ammo, putting in reagents just for the sake of keeping alive an old and expired concept, I really don't see the problem with making changing talents free so at least when you need to you can instead of having 40+ tomes taking up bag space.

Why Dragon Roar? Stormbolt does more damage on single target, no?

Dragonroar has synergy with bloodbath, where stormbolt doesnt, 2 stormbolts non-crit = dragon roar, so a crit gives more if you are lucky, but you lose the synergy bonus with bloodbath.

That in the long run makes a huge difference, and even with fights without a lot of adds, every fight has multiple things besides butcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    Get the mammoth mount that sells the tomes. Helps a lot.
    Also acts as a repair bot and can get rid of vendor trash.
    i keep throwing out the idea of being able to buy them as a currency, but noooo

i just want to buy ten thousand of them and forget that they exist =\

it's less trouble to just have two dps specs with the talents you want and switching specs every pull

Deleted
    I use SB, BB and AM for single target and DR, BS and AM for AOE. Im happy that we have to change talents here and there to maximize dps.. would drive me crazy if i had to play with the same talents for every boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnudge View Post
    However, when you first enter heroics and your gear is on the low side...shockwave can save your booty. In raids, are there even stunable adds?
    Tectus Pale orc adds can be stunned to interrupt the Gift Of Earth cast.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

i'm pretty sure AM is always a dps loss. so throw that out, people that are mentioning it.

for heroics it really doesn't matter too much, just take the talents you are comfortable with to run an entire instance. i mean, unless you are really under-geared and don't want to drag the team down, it really doesn't matter too much. especially if you are fury, which just got a nice buff.

personally, my biggest talent issue is ravager v. siegebreaker. because ravager is much better in fights without movement, or predictable movement. but if you don't swap out on those big movement fights you lose a lot of damage. it's not too bad to keep track of, but it's just one extra thing, and i always forget and feel dumb when a boss runs out of my ravager area. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Karnudge View Post
    The arcane adds, the things it splits into, the little exploding guys on imperator are all stunnable. The pale orcs from tectus. Idk about the spore shooters on brackenspore but it's possible. Not that it's your job to stun those but if your raid is lacking another viable stun for those then it's an option.