Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feeling exhausted after sleep

Ok so here's the deal. I went to sleep last night with slight nausea but that's not the issue.
    I kept having the same 30 second dream over and over all night long until I woke up and even when I was awake (particially) I was still thinking/having that dream. And now I feel even more tired than I was yesterday before going to bed.

During my sleep I was moving alot and was feeling cold/hot/cold and so on. Problem wasn't the dream itself it's that my mind was 200% focused on it, it was like working. The nausea might have been caused for smoking half a cigarette really fast right before going to sleep, and I ate shrimps 2 hours before sleep. That's all the information I have.

If anyone has any Idea let me know I'm curious and I would like to prevent it from happening again.

15+ Year Old Account
    This belongs in off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved thread.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    now try it with 2 young-uns!

Deleted
    I was really hung over a couple of weeks ago as well as having a slight cold... I was aching All over and everytime I seemed to fall asleep I would have this weird recurring dream where I couldn't walk up this hill because I would be told off for doing it (odd I know but It was a dream). It kept me up and awake on and off for around 4 hours before I eventually fell asleep and woke up feeling slightly better in both the hangover and cold departments. Maybe you're just coming down with a cold/flu and need to rest to clear your body/head.

Sleep apnea was my first thought when I saw the thread title, but it sounds like this was just a one-time occurrence (and sleep apnea is not really a one-time thing). I'd say it was just a bad night. Happens sometimes. Depends on a lot of different factors, but I've had similar nights to what the OP described when I went to bed really stressed or with a lot on my mind.

I'd see a doctor or something if that happens repeatedly, but I'd call this one a bad night and move on if it was just an isolated thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    For how long did this go on? An 8 hour "sleep" period? Chances are it was just restless sleep where you aren't getting through all stages of sleep. I have found that I will operate better off 2-3 hours of sound sleep than I will off 6-8 hours of restless sleep because I will at least get through a single cycle in 3 hours.

Strange dreams plus exhaustion plus cold sweats sounds like the flu to me.

Drink lots of water, see a doctor if you can.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Hello Mate

While trying to fall asleep do you think a lot ?
    I'm serious. For a time I couldn't get a proper shut eye , I've received some neural inhibitors ( mostly some tropical plants extracts) that make me a bit daft so to speak and while under effect of those I can sleep fine. Then I don't need to use them for a couple of days. As soon as it sort of floods out of the system I have issues sleeping and wake up in the morning exhausted.

Above-average neural activity. Ask for a scan at a doctor.

Who knows.

I've had that short recurring constant dream and a terrible sleep where you never get into a deep sleep. I used to get it real bad when I played too much Command & Conquer, you have a horrible endless nightmare of a dream going over and over and over, then you wake up feeling like shit. Also sometimes get it when I'm getting sick with Flu-like symptoms.

Never thought of anything medical concerning it though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Sounds like you had slight food poisoning or something.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop eating cheese or chocolate before bed.

Deleted
    Turn off all electronics and place them far away from the bed. Drink some water, and turn off all the lights in the room.

Thanks for the answers. It sucks cause it feels like I'm having a 48hs day...

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Strange dreams plus exhaustion plus cold sweats sounds like the flu to me.

Drink lots of water, see a doctor if you can.
    What I was thinking, fever can do some crazy shit to your dreams.

It could also be stress. Stress can make me sick to my stomach, and then at night I'll keep having those godawful sleep paralysis dreams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    Thanks for the answers. It sucks cause it feels like I'm having a 48hs day...
    You are, pretty much. Your body doesn't just need sleep, it needs deep sleep. Since you kept waking up before you could reach that stage, you haven't actually rested.

Welcome to having fever dreams. They suck.

That will happen to me as well I found best thing to do is get up if you can and do something get a glass of milk or watch some tv basically to reset your mind from it's loop

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    That will happen to me as well I found best thing to do is get up if you can and do something get a glass of milk or watch some tv basically to reset your mind from it's loop
    Problem is, it started the second I closed my eyes before I even fell asleep. The second I jumped in my bed I wasn't feeling comfortable sleeping, couldn't find the right position etc

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmented_sleep

It's really a thing. I usually sleep in two hour segments. If I wake up, it's best not to just lie there, I get the fuck up, make a snack, and read or watch some TV.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could have been anything, not much point trying to fix it if it only happened once... Just see how the next couple of nights go.