Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I'd like to see how you people would have faired 10-15 years ago when almost (if not all) online games were completely unmoderated and you could say anything.
    And you know what?
    No one died from those words, no one was triggered, no one was harmed.
    Sure age of conan on release was fun I mean reading all those death threats every two minutes from raging retards you just killed but it also got old after a while. I don't see a valid reason to get all butthurt for getting a small pause for spamming retarded bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sure age of conan on release was fun I mean reading all those death threats every two minutes from raging retards you just killed but it also got old after a while. I don't see a valid reason to get all butthurt for getting a small pause for spamming retarded bullshit.
    I have a lot of that crap in LoL and to be honest... It's never bothered me. All of it are false threats just because they're pissed that they couldn't beat you at whatever it was at that moment in time, it's a typical human response for some people over the internet. Maybe it's just me but whenever anyone did that it was like, "Okay, cool whatever". Especially once you're past high school, you realize that anyone who has done that you just don't respond to or you can be like the guy in a video where he goes, "I'm a prefect!" and look like a right douche. If people are joking in trade chat, let them, it doesn't hurt anyone nor does it stop trading from happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Relevant to what I said.

Here you have assholes and a "prefect" who lets the slightest things hurt his feelings. The thing is, when you try to act like an adult in a setting where it's not work or it's at a school (in this video) people don't take you seriously. The only place where I have to listen to rules is at work and that's because I'm being professional, nobody tells me what to do except my boss and when I'm on a game and I want to have a good time that's not at the expense of others which Trade Chat is not then I should be able to. We're not drowning out the people saying "WTS" as you still see them and there are filters to prevent spam.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-12-27 at 01:48 AM.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    What is wrong with you? I'm honestly curious. Like, you would seriously report him for that?

Ugh, society is a bunch of carebear pussies these days.

Lol these days? Like talking about eating dog $41t was normal in the past? These days acting like this is the norm and acceptable, but it wasn't 10 years ago. Gaming has degraded and it isn't the carebears, it is people who think this is normal behavior

- - - Updated - - -

This is a direct example of the pussification of our society. Go turn on your TV. You will hear "shit" left and right. How can you honestly feel his suspension is justified just for saying "shit"?

Again I ask, what the hell is wrong with society? This topic makes me weep for the future.
    Again when talking about eat dog crap is the norm, society has hit bottom
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    So sayeth the guy with the username with the word 'troll' in it.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50415/br...e-bone-arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Lol these days? Like talking about eating dog $41t was normal in the past? These days acting like this is the norm and acceptable, but it wasn't 10 years ago. Gaming has degraded and it isn't the carebears, it is people who think this is normal behavior

- - - Updated - - -

Again when talking about eat dog crap is the norm, society has hit bottom
    Were have you been all these years? anyways welcome to the internet enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my 2nd day on GW2, I was banned for playfully calling someone a "fuck" or something like that, I don't even remember anymore - it was in 2012. Banned for 3 days. They cut my playtime off right in the early phase of the honeymoon stage, when you're really into the new game you just got. After that ban I played some more but in my anger and time off, I lost the spark and I never even made it to max level in that game. It's now my lowest priority mmo. Bummer.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with all the people saying that you'd report them? I mean, I report people who go too far - there are certain words that are really unacceptable, but "shit" is not one of them.

The lesson here is that there are hordes of really awful people who want nothing more than to ruin someone else's day, and that if you do anything that is even remotely questionable insofar as the rules go, expect them to report you for it. It doesn't matter that they do the same all the time; they'll still feel self-righteous in doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaje View Post
    Seems silly when trade on my server is a constant stream of obscenities way worse than that.

Also, why do people feel the need to report? There is a language filter, use it if you are too delicate and feel entitled to never be offended.....but if you feel that way and play online games you are going to be disappointed quite often.
    It's a good way to get rid of the asshats that pollute trade with their spam. Any time I have an excuse to try to get someone banned who's spamming non-trade related stuff I take it. I really don't care if you say you're looking to sell some "fucking flasks" as long as you're actually using trade for its intended purpose.

It's not about being a "delicate snowflake" anyway, and you're being completely disingenuous here. Blizz has rules, if you choose to break them by using profanity in public channels, then you risk being banned. YOU are the one breaking the rules, not the person who reported you. Don't like it? Keep your profanity out of game. Or at least confine it to gchat where no one cares, like my friends and I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    It's a good way to get rid of the asshats that pollute trade with their spam. Any time I have an excuse to try to get someone banned who's spamming non-trade related stuff I take it. I really don't care if you say you're looking to sell some "fucking flasks" as long as you're actually using trade for its intended purpose.

It's not about being a "delicate snowflake" anyway, and you're being completely disingenuous here. Blizz has rules, if you choose to break them by using profanity in public channels, then you risk being banned. YOU are the one breaking the rules, not the person who reported you. Don't like it? Keep your profanity out of game. Or at least confine it to gchat where no one cares, like my friends and I do.
    The fact that you care so much hurts, just linked this to guild chat and they all laughed so fucking hard.

I'll quote one guy: "Just because it says trade doesn't mean it's just for trade, it is the only channel that spans through all the cities that people can socialize with others through and it seems a bit odd in an MMO for people to take something so literal". In other words, calm down.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    When is saying "eating dog shit" appropriate? Don't talk like that in trade chat. Ever. There's no reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    What's with all the people saying that you'd report them? I mean, I report people who go too far - there are certain words that are really unacceptable, but "shit" is not one of them.

The lesson here is that there are hordes of really awful people who want nothing more than to ruin someone else's day, and that if you do anything that is even remotely questionable insofar as the rules go, expect them to report you for it. It doesn't matter that they do the same all the time; they'll still feel self-righteous in doing it.
    Yeah, they're totally 'awful people' who want to 'ruin your day'. Not like they report you because they don't want to see your childishness in the game's main public chat, especially if they have children who play it. Get the fuck out of here with such ridiculous statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    To clarify this was my first offense.
    To clarify, this wasn't your first offense. Maybe the first that you're aware of, but you definitely have others.

Deleted
    I think forcefully muting global channels from people who report others joking around like this would
    be much more appropriate. It was kinda amusing, probably factually correct and fit the discussion in
    the channel. If you get offended by something like that, just mute the global chat channels.

Blizzard should change the report system that you can only report people 2 hours after the incident happened.
    If it bothers you enough for you to remember it 2 hours after it went down and you still want to write a detailed
    report of it, it probably was harmful enough to justify a punishment. But honestly, I don't think even 5% of the
    current reports would go through with a system like that, because it's just power hungry butthurt people insantly
    hitting report when they see something that might be against the rules in hopes that people get banned.

Unless it's a personal attack aimed towards you or a massive wall of spam on a general channel, just learn to laugh
    at it or just hit the ignore button.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Honestly I am surprised both myself and half my server don't frequently get some kind of chat ban or temporary suspension for all the incredible shit we talk in trade. I put it down to Aussies being relatively thick skinned with that kinda thing.
    I transferred back to a few different Oceanic realms from Blackrock during the free transfers. Oceanic servers are the cesspool of society as far as I'm concerned. I don't feel the slightest bit bad about saying that every time I hit my garrison, I report at least 20 odd people for excessively bad language, rape jokes, racism, homophobic slurs, jokes about raping someone's mother and stuff that goes well beyond what I am willing to type in here. I swear. ALOT. But it does NOT belong in trade/general.
    Last edited by Scrumps; 2014-12-27 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    These days acting like this is the norm and acceptable, but it wasn't 10 years ago.
    what are you, a terrorist? banter has been around for longer than civilzation has existed. =|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    this exact panties-in-a-twist response is why some people report you. they just ruined your day. people will bait you into saying something banworthy then report you. you're easy pickings.
    Or people that don't wanna pull up with this shit? I won't report someone over that but i am quite tired of the useless shit in trade chat myself. I never understood playing the victim card in a case like this. OP said stupid shit and are mad people reported him.
    What is next? Robbing a store and complaining someone called the police? Yes its a radical example but the logic is the same.

When you randomly hit the terms of service accept button because you just want to play, you agree to the Blizzard rules and one of them got clearly broken. Who's fault is that but your own?

Give me an addon that blocks every message that involves certain words and trade chat would be such a happy place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

Ah yes, the people following the rules are the really awful people.
    Not the one that are talking about drinking piss and eating dog shit in the trade channel.

Like do you even thought about that?

What is wrong with you? I'm honestly curious. Like, you would seriously report him for that?

Ugh, society is a bunch of carebear pussies these days.
    Actually, I think standards are extremely low these days. Civil conversation that doesn't descend into vulgar and obscene depths would be nice. It's truly adult, in fact, to not resort to toilet humour and swearing.

"Okay, cool whatever"
    Well if everything is so whatever why bother making a thread out of your "ordeal" ? Nobody keeps you from having a good time and I actually feel somewhat sorry if you genuinely feel persecuted I mean especially being "the adult" you should see how ridiculous that is.

Trade chat was joking around talking about drinking piss and I joked that, "eating dog shit is much more nutritious"... Word for word and I get a 72 hour ban. I'm not appealing it but I'm just slightly confused that I can't even joke around anymore without fear of a report.
    I wouldn't have reported you for that, since it's clearly just childish and idiotic, not actually attacking or insulting anyone. But I'm not surprised you got banned for it. As was pointed out on the first page of this thread, it clearly violates the TOS you agreed to.

Save that stuff for guild chat, assuming you're not in a mature adults only guild.

I've been banned numerous times for this kind of shit. People are so fucking spineless. If it's the mature language, there's a filter. If it's the subject, get some thicker skin.

IMO you'd have to say something very racist/sexist or otherwise extremely offensive before I'd report it. Harassment is different, ofc, and should be reported even if no "bad language" is present.