Question Divine Storm; When is it okay to opt for

How many cleave targets does it require to replace Final Verdict in your single target priority rotation? I know, it's replaced with the buff from FV...

What I'm asking is there ever a number of cleave targets acquired that you would still want to execute the single target rotation and just replace FV with DS, or would you just entirely go AOE priority and use HOR and DS when that number is achieved?

I went over the guides I seen posted here, but, I still was not sure on my answer. Just freshly swapped from my shaman to my ret pal, got to say, Im currently loving it. I disliked the no moving while casting aspect of shamans and all other casters. Thanks in advanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugnut View Post
    How many cleave targets does it require to replace Final Verdict in your single target priority rotation? I know, it's replaced with the buff from FV...

What I'm asking is there ever a number of cleave targets acquired that you would still want to execute the single target rotation and just replace FV with DS, or would you just entirely go AOE priority and use HOR and DS when that number is achieved?

I went over the guides I seen posted here, but, I still was not sure on my answer. Just freshly swapped from my shaman to my ret pal, got to say, Im currently loving it. I disliked the no moving while casting aspect of shamans and all other casters. Thanks in advanced.
    never, final verdict tooltip reads : increases the damage and radius of your next divine storm by 100%

soo theres that..

The only time when may want to consider not using FV is when the mobs would be dead by the time you can get the next DS off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugnut View Post

There is a thread specifically for these kinds of questions that you should utilize. My assumption is that there is no meaningful number of targets that make it better since unmodified DS is extremely weak. It really does hit for next to nothing without empowered DS or the FV buff. It also has a smaller radius. The thread doesn't mention a number, but because of how thorough it is, I would also assume that it's been considered and ruled out. There aren't "minion swarm" fights where there's 10+ mobs up for any length of time. Most fights cap at maybe 5-8.

Edit: This 6.0 theorcraft thread. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...amp-Discussion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    There is a thread specifically for these kinds of questions that you should utilize. This 6.0 theorcraft thread. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...amp-Discussion
    Indeed. Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!