Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tablespecd View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...esedish/simple
    Spec: Windwalker
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done Pull 16-19

Hey guys I'm back again and need some help on mythic maidens. I definitely don't have anywhere near the same amount of experience with chi explosion than I do with serenity which is why I'm coming here to see if I can be doing anything better. One thing to note is I feel like my haste is low for a Chi:Exp build, I find myself sitting around every now and then waiting for haste to regen.
    I know I should be geming haste and changing enchants and all that from multistrike, but I didn't have time to as this is a friends guild and they're missing some players from the ban wave. Was invited and a few seconds later we were pulling so I had no time. Thanks once again.
    Compared to other monks your ilvl you're preforming well I guess. There has only been one other 688 windwalker who's killed maidens.
    Considering wipe 19 (which is the only long one)
    Your Rising sun kick debuff amount could be better: at 63.03% (Compared to 95% from the other monk)
    You casted your trinket only 2/3 times.

I'm going to suggest you just take your log and compare yourself to the other monk just on buffs and debuffs.

Mostly your raid seemed to die to mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinai View Post
    Hello, I cannot post links so please search my character manually: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Shinaj/simple
    Spec: windwalker
    World of logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QmWnVMKf8LbRCNrj

I recently switched guilds and start to dps as windwalker. Previously I mainly tank and heal (that is why I still Got tanking cloak and neck). I ty to do my best as dps with rotation but I think my dps should be higher with my current gear level. I know that monks arent best dps spec right now with almost no possibility to shine on fights like thorgar or beastmaster but anyway i should be doing more. Also Im łóżkiem for advice how to maximize my dps on Hans and franzok mythic

Edit looks like I can post links ������
    Your tiger power needs work.
    Gruul: 87.77% Beast: 80.84% Kromog: 61.50% Ore: 47.43% BF: 79.97% BH:
    70.82%
    You're not casting FOF on cd on some fights, I think you're mostly not familiar with WW monk yet.

Armory: battle . net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Rolled/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):Warcraft logs- warcraftlogs . com/reports/T8vjHMCfh3wzyN4d#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=91

Sorry cant post links due to lack of posts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rolledx View Post
    Armory: battle . net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Rolled/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):Warcraft logs- warcraftlogs . com/reports/T8vjHMCfh3wzyN4d#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=91

Tiger power's low: 89.90% 86.56%
    Par dps for 690 is 38k. You're doing close to that.

Wipe 5: RSK: 31/45
    FOF: 12/14
    energizing brew: 6/6
    Tiger palm: 89.90% Not good.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hnikar View Post
    My Windwalker Monk is Siar.

I know the big problem now. It's filled with a 1 minute hole of dodging stampers.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Siar/advanced
    Spec: Windwalker, ilvl 693 at kill
    Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=2
    More logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...s=1693&wipes=1

I'm not happy with my Chi Explosion dps on Hans'gar and Franzok. I'm able to preform better with Chi Brew and Serenity. I'm not sure what the problem is.
    Looking at your Flamebender kill, you should be using Chi Ex; clearly the dogs are stacked up, since you're using SCK and Chi Burst. Other than that it is incredibly difficult to analyze a two minute log.

For Hans&Franz your fights are also all very short. On the longest fight you stayed alive with you were 3rd in DPS with 38k which is pretty good. If you can get comfortable using CX on that fight then you will do more. When using CX be sure to save casting it for when they are stacked up, even if its for an instant, unless you're going to energy/chi cap.

On your Gruul kill that I could find your DPS was pretty low. That can be largely attributed to using Bloodlust at the end when you have no CDs and no potions left. You can also get better use out of Zen Sphere on that fight than Chi Wave and it should be relatively easy to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tablespecd View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...esedish/simple
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done Pull 16-19

Hey guys I'm back again and need some help on mythic maidens. I definitely don't have anywhere near the same amount of experience with chi explosion than I do with serenity which is why I'm coming here to see if I can be doing anything better. One thing to note is I feel like my haste is low for a Chi:Exp build, I find myself sitting around every now and then waiting for haste to regen.
    I know I should be geming haste and changing enchants and all that from multistrike, but I didn't have time to as this is a friends guild and they're missing some players from the ban wave. Was invited and a few seconds later we were pulling so I had no time. Thanks once again.
    The logs you provided are either too short or your too dead to tell what you you're doing wrong. In from what I can see, you're not using Fists of Fury on cooldown as you should be, this not only provides our best damage, but also energy regen. Chi burst wasn't cast quite on CD which also provides regen.

Switch one of your weapons to multistrike, dual wielding the same enchant doesn't provide any additional bonus. You energy capped frequently, which doesn't fit your complaint about regen, 15 times in 4 minutes. Your RSK debuff uptime was sub 85% on most attempts, should be easily +95%.

Chi explosion is a slower play style, its takes getting used to, but allows you to be more patient and plan your moves better, just practice and you'll get better with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rolledx View Post
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Rolled/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL):Warcraft logs- warcraftlogs.com/reports/T8vjHMCfh3wzyN4d#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=91

Tiger Power uptime can be better, use Zen Sphere on Gruul, missed a few FoF casts. Other than that you're not doing poorly for your gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, I cannot post links so please search my character manually: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Shinaj/simple
    Spec: windwalker
    World of logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QmWnVMKf8LbRCNrj

I recently switched guilds and start to dps as windwalker. Previously I mainly tank and heal (that is why I still Got tanking cloak and neck). I ty to do my best as dps with rotation but I think my dps should be higher with my current gear level. I know that monks arent best dps spec right now with almost no possibility to shine on fights like thorgar or beastmaster but anyway i should be doing more. Also Im łóżkiem for advice how to maximize my dps on Hans and franzok mythic

Edit looks like I can post links ������
    Your tiger power uptime has to get much much better, I recommend picking up WeakAuras if you don't already having it and finding someone's strings from the stickied thread that work for you. Other than that its hard to see from the logs you've linked as htey are very short or you're very dead.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yhonk/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=11

Since that log I've started using zen sphere a lot better (wasn't putting it on a second target for the longest time) and paid attention to arcane torrent CD better. That log was also with a two 685 trinkets, but even with the addition of those I know I'm not going to be where I should be. I know I'm doing it right to a certain extent, but I'm unsure of what my opener should look like to be honest. I've been told by a few others that my opener isn't optimal, but then I don't get a response as to what I should be doing.

(Yes I name changed.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honak View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yhonk/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=11

Since that log I've started using zen sphere a lot better (wasn't putting it on a second target for the longest time) and paid attention to arcane torrent CD better. That log was also with a two 685 trinkets, but even with the addition of those I know I'm not going to be where I should be. I know I'm doing it right to a certain extent, but I'm unsure of what my opener should look like to be honest. I've been told by a few others that my opener isn't optimal, but then I don't get a response as to what I should be doing.

(Yes I name changed.)
    You're missing quite a few casts:
    2 FoF
    10 RSK
    17 Zen Sphere
    1 Serenity (super bad)
    1 Energizing Brew
    1 ToK

You didn't line up your second potion with second Xuen, if you had held Xuen and potion till your 3rd serenity was up it would have been quite a bit more DPS. You also popped potion and TEB AFTER hitting Serenity, so you missed out on the first few seconds of Serenity getting buffed.

Your RSK debuff also fell off on two separate occasions, which should pretty much never happen.

Make sure youre filling every GCD that you can intelligently and plan out your CDs better and you'll see a noticeable increase. As for rotation, there have been several posts on this forum discussing it, just use the Search Forum function. I also covered it in the FAQ on my blog with what openers have to accomplish and how I use mine.

Deleted
    Armory: cant post because "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): cant post because "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

Ideekay-BlackrockEU

Hello,
    I don't know why but my HPS seems really low compared to my other healing mates, for example on my first Kromog kill today I was "far" below our druid.
    Halp pls.
    Also, I often try myself as an amateur WW but my DPS is really low to what other people on my ilvl have. Currently don't have any logs for WW but I'll get some soon (and edit this post eventually).
    Last edited by mmoc1c3659e83d; 2015-05-21 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinooo View Post
    Armory: cant post because "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): cant post because "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

Ideekay-BlackrockEU

Hello,
    I don't know why but my HPS seems really low compared to my other healing mates, for example on my first Kromog kill today I was "far" below our druid.
    Halp pls.
    Also, I often try myself as an amateur WW but my DPS is really low to what other people on my ilvl have. Currently don't have any logs for WW but I'll get some soon (and edit this post eventually).
    Hi! I just got my 2nd kromog mythic kill yesterday, so if you don't mind I'll use my own log for reference. I'm bad at log analyzing too so I'll do my best.

First off, your disc priest seems to be doing great, so he could have bubbled all the potential heals you could have done. Nothing you can do about that though, so I'll look at personal performances next.

You could use your chi-brew more to get more mileage out of it. Just using it twice in a 7 minute twice doesn't seem so ideal. Power Strikes might do better here so you can fire off more uplifts due to more net chi.

Chi burst is free healing, and is very good at kromog whenever he's using stone breath in your regular positions. Since you're standing with the range group, try aiming the burst at either the melee dps or the tanks. I also don't recommend casting chi burst while you are gripped as for some reason it will upwards.

you have a ton of mana, even by the end of the fight o_o don't be afraid to RJW a lot more especially once he's at frenzy phase, no one will judge you if you run oom! 2 spirit trinkets may seem like overkill though. I personally used Auto-repairing autoclave (dont have bf trinket) and Goren Soul Repository Heroic as a middle ground between mana regen and throughput.

that's all I can think of for now.

Armory: us. battle. net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Aevix/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): www .warcraftlogs. com/reports/LZMG4hd1T2nqcxpa#fight=17

*At the time I did not have the blackhand trinket and was using a 691 Ironspike Chew Toy
    ** I can't post the exact links on the forums due to my low post count, but just remove the spaces =)

Hey Monk Community!! So two days ago my guild and I got our first mythic blackhand kill and I was wondering if my numbers were up to par. Obviously, I ranked on the lower side of Warcraft Logs' rankings and that kind of got me thinking that I was doing something wrong. Is there anything I can do to improve my gameplay? I would appreciate all feedback! Thank you in advanced.

Deleted
    Thank you!

Yes indeed our disc has like 99% parses on every boss lol.
    I'll try to fix that until next week, thanks again!

I had a quick look, Katari. You used Expel Harm ten times throughout the fight, you could have used it around three times as much more for more chi. You also wasted 13 chi - generating them when you already had four. So you could probably have gotten some more chi to spend on healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktator View Post
    I had a quick look, Katari. You used Expel Harm ten times throughout the fight, you could have used it around three times as much more for more chi. You also wasted 13 chi - generating them when you already had four. So you could probably have gotten some more chi to spend on healing.
    Thank you for your input? So the biggest problem I was having is chi management I'm guessing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...licious/simple
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/q6Wxgy7zKcHPRb9a

Need a few tips on how to increase my dps. I hit 40k DPS on Gruul with iLvL 693. I have looked over other logs and I find monks like @ https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done doing 47k DPS.

I know my ring only proc'ed 4 times but whatelse am I doing wrong? I really need to pick up my numbers for Mythic Kromog this weekend.

Edit: I forgot to spec into Chi brew - I know that would increase my opening dps by alot.

Quote Originally Posted by foonkinator View Post

Need a few tips on how to increase my dps. I hit 40k DPS on Gruul with iLvL 693. I have looked over other logs and I find monks doing 47k DPS.

I know my ring only proc'ed 4 times but whatelse am I doing wrong? I really need to pick up my numbers for Mythic Kromog this weekend.

Edit: I forgot to spec into Chi brew - I know that would increase my opening dps by alot.
    So, overall you did great with your rotation. The casts amounts are good for all spells. You just do not have the optimal spec for Gruul:
    - It looks like you do not have the Glyph of Blackout Kick. This glyph allow you to always benefit from the BK DoT no matter your position relative to the boss. You can't help but be in front of Grull sometimes, specifically because of Inferno Slash. You're missing about 1.5k DPS here.
    - Chi Sphere is better than Chi Burst for pure mono DPS (though Chi Burst is more interesting for Kromog due to the cleave on the hands). You have to keep Chi Sphere up on 2 units at melee range (typically yourself and another player). You're missing about 1.2k DPS here.
    - You can also improve your Touch of Death DPS by using Fortifying Brew just beforehand. It is not recommended if you need it for your own survival, but it is a DPS increase, due to the +20% health. You're missing about 300 DPS here.
    - You used Xuen too late on the second cast. It looks like you cast it at 3:15, though you could have used it as early as 3:00. You're missing about 600 DPS here.

I think Powerfoolz had a slightly better gear than you (iLvl is not everything =) ), and I guess Chi Brew and the gods of RNG explain most of the rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skasch View Post
    I think Powerfoolz had a slightly better gear than you (iLvl is not everything =) ), and I guess Chi Brew and the gods of RNG explain most of the rest.
    Thanks for the reply... Last question I have here is... I see some monks for opener pop trinket then chi brew for max stacks then dump it all into FoF instead of Sen spam of Blackout kick any idea which is better ?

Thanks for the reply... Last question I have here is... I see some monks for opener pop trinket then chi brew for max stacks then dump it all into FoF instead of Sen spam of Blackout kick any idea which is better ?
    I don't really know which is better, they should be pretty close in DPS output. You want to use FoF and Serenity while you have as many buffs as possible: pots, BL, trinkets, TEB… As you can't use FoF and Serenity at the same time, the question is more which one you want to delay over the other. I personally use Serenity before FoF.

10+ Year Old Account
    FoF before Serenity during the opener, go right from TEB/Trinkets to FoF to Serenity

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    FoF before Serenity during the opener, go right from TEB/Trinkets to FoF to Serenity
    Is there a logical explanation as why this is better than the other way around? Or is it simulations / figures?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skasch View Post
    Is there a logical explanation as why this is better than the other way around? Or is it simulations / figures?
    The logical explanation is that if you do Serenity first you will almost guarantee that you're throwing one cast of FoF away before the end of the fight. It will also just prolong the time you're energy capped by doing Serenity > FoF, that is the case anytime outside of the opener, so during the opener it stays true.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): Oregorger: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing,
    Beastlord: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&type=healing

I m a new healer, actually this char was my alt, (i was a melee b4), in addition to the issue that I need to learn how to position myself in the raid as a healer, I have big issues with my healing... I dont like my numbers at all, and I believe that I can perform a lot lot better beside not having a single spirit trinket. If someone can point me out what am I doing wrong (and not tell me just that I suck, which apparently I do), I will be grateful. Thank you in advance.