Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So we have no competent Windwalker monks available to help out our own, so I was hoping you could would be keen on giving my friend some tips here. Honestly, I'd be more than satisfied if someone who figures themselves experienced on Mythic progression fights wanted to add my monk bud to Battletag so that he could also have a help hotline. I think he definitely wants to improve, but he just has a hard time finding help, or seeking it through others. I've noticed that he's pretty good on single-target mechanics, but add a cleave into the equation and he falls absurdly behind. Thanks again, and I'll direct him to whoever picks up this post or wishes to PM me their battletag for the above mentioned task.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uyung/advanced

Warcraft Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../53740/latest#

10+ Year Old Account
    At first glance, your friend didn't take the Zen Sphere talent which is now the primary talent for single target or Chi Burst for encounters filled with multiple mobs spawning. He still has Chi Wave and both ZP and CB have proven to be better talents at the moment. Your friend is also quite geared, granted a new weapon (hopefully from Mythic Beastlord would be super helpful since its BiS until Hans/Franz maces but that usually goes to classes who truly need it) and the dps output is actually pretty low.

In general, I recommend him looking at other logs and seeing how other WW's do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    At first glance, your friend didn't take the Zen Sphere talent which is now the primary talent for single target or Chi Burst for encounters filled with multiple mobs spawning. He still has Chi Wave and both ZP and CB have proven to be better talents at the moment. Your friend is also quite geared, granted a new weapon (hopefully from Mythic Beastlord would be super helpful since its BiS until Hans/Franz maces but that usually goes to classes who truly need it) and the dps output is actually pretty low.

In general, I recommend him looking at other logs and seeing how other WW's do their thing.
    I'll definitely let him know about the talent choices. Thanks. Any other feedback?

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/t...buddhat/simple
    Brewmaster
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/98TqtBkHRZhzwdWA/

What can I do better on Blackhand? Tactic for P1 is kiting in a circle with me taking smashes 1 and 3, tactic for P2 is me having the boss full time except for smashes and kiting him behind the Siegemakers.

I am looking for some general tips that I can use to be better at brewmaster.

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...626087/latest/

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kachu/advanced

I am hoping people who are better at using logs can disect these a bit and tell me some things I can do to be better than I am. I am going to go back to mastery. Ive been trying out crit and I really like dont like the RNG of it at this lower gear level.

I rerolled brewmaster for my guild when our tank quit out of nowhere and I'm starting to get back into how it plays. Last time I played was back in Mogushan/ Heart of Fear so it's been quite a while. I just want to make sure I am doing everything 100% perfect because I know that BrM can be absolutely broken if it's played correctly. ANY tips. Even super subtle small things would be so helpful for me and I appreciate any feedback I can get.
    Last edited by moveth; 2015-03-16 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I am looking for some general tips that I can use to be better at brewmaster.

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...626087/latest/

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kachu/advanced

I am hoping people who are better at using logs can disect these a bit and tell me some things I can do to be better than I am. I am going to go back to mastery. Ive been trying out crit and I really like dont like the RNG of it at this lower gear level.

I rerolled brewmaster for my guild when our tank quit out of nowhere and I'm starting to get back into how it plays. Last time I played was back in Mogushan/ Heart of Fear so it's been quite a while. I just want to make sure I am doing everything 100% perfect because I know that BrM can be absolutely broken if it's played correctly. ANY tips. Even super subtle small things would be so helpful for me and I appreciate any feedback I can get.
    You links don't work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by aranduh View Post
    You links don't work correctly.
    I fixed them. They should work now.

Deleted
    Good Morning / evening

i would like some tips about how to improve my deal on Kromog M,

During the grab hand i have to focus on 3 hands so it's normal i am pretty low on thems.

Logs :

www .warcraftlogs .com/reports/YNawXh3n7zmQt4DP#fight=25

Armory :

eu. battle. net/wow/en/character/ysondre/M%C3%AFndra/simple

First point : Switch to ZS
    Second Point : Try go deal more during the eath call (Teleport + med zen maybe i can win 15s on the boss)

Any other advice would be fine

Thanks for yours futurs answers

(can't post real link sorry)

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Kazukan/advanced
    Spec: Mistweaver
    Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL): warcraftlogs.com/reports/B8kdYzK4H3MbTf9F#fight=12&type=healing

Hello. I feel like an above average mistweaver, but am having a hard time to find concrete ways to improve my healing. I know basic log reviewing of my healing, overhealing, chi generation and mana management. But I am having a hard time knowing how to practically go through my log and actually figure out what I need to work on. I feel like I am doing a lot of things right, but I can't seem to find thata many concrete / practical ways to compare myself to higher parsing mistweavers and compare them to improve my play?

For this fight specifically I parsed quite high, because I was doing rather well with my healing. I am pretty self critical and can't find specific improvements (besides that fact that I wasted 4 chi).

Quote Originally Posted by Mindra View Post
    Good Morning / evening

i would like some tips about how to improve my deal on Kromog M,

During the grab hand i have to focus on 3 hands so it's normal i am pretty low on thems.

Logs :

www .warcraftlogs .com/reports/YNawXh3n7zmQt4DP#fight=25

Armory :

eu. battle. net/wow/en/character/ysondre/M%C3%AFndra/simple

First point : Switch to ZS
    Second Point : Try go deal more during the eath call (Teleport + med zen maybe i can win 15s on the boss)

Any other advice would be fine

Thanks for yours futurs answers

(can't post real link sorry)
    Dont really know how u got that low burst with even 9 stacks, but there should be room for improvement here(practise is key). From my experience Chiburst is just way better on this fight than ZS(if u need more hand dmg). Either you can stay out of the hands, or go inside doesnt really mather that much(just make sure your are on the end), anyways. SeF 2 targets(make sure theyr spread), rsk,chiburst in the right direction.Spinning crane kick spam and FoF of cd ofc, save ToD pillars, win win massive loot. You should stay on 40k+ easly, and more is very much doable with your gear.
    Last edited by partyzuzu; 2015-03-17 at 11:12 PM.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...YTjNL#fight=20
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nguto/advanced

Still only pulling like 36.6k st. Am I timing my cooldowns wrong? Just got my 4pc. Feel free to gut these logs for me. No clue what I'm doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Oranguto View Post
    Armory:

Still only pulling like 36.6k st. Am I timing my cooldowns wrong? Just got my 4pc. Feel free to gut these logs for me. No clue what I'm doing wrong.
    you miss about 350k ZS dmg get a weakaura and track it , and 300k+ ToK dmg, and you miss aaaalot of dmg on RSK dmg, like 400k, and only 93% upptime :S, fix this and you should get 40k dps +

Hey guys, trying to help out a Windwalker in my raid who is constantly down with/or below the tanks on DPS. We've been reading forum posts on openers and the like, but he's at a loss and frankly unless it's a paladin I'm not sure how to help more.

Armory: Futen
    Spec : Windwalker(I assume he changes some based off the fight)
    Logs : Last Night's Raid

I appreciate any help I can pass along to him, He's a busy guy so that's why I'm posting and not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    Hey guys, trying to help out a Windwalker in my raid who is constantly down with/or below the tanks on DPS. We've been reading forum posts on openers and the like, but he's at a loss and frankly unless it's a paladin I'm not sure how to help more.

Armory: Futen
    Spec : Windwalker(I assume he changes some based off the fight)
    Logs : Last Night's Raid

I appreciate any help I can pass along to him, He's a busy guy so that's why I'm posting and not him.
    Mastery is almost a wasted stat for Windwalkers and he has at least 7-8 pieces that still have them.

hi everyone, quick question about stat priority. I've seen it mentioned that with 4p it should be ms>haste>crit/vers>mastery, but when I've tried simming my character with a bunch of different trinkets/weapon enchants and whatnot the simc stat priorities list haste below crit/vers. Is it gear dependent or am I interpreting simc's stat priorities incorrectly? Reason I ask is because I'm currently using 3 crafted items and wouldn't mind min/maxing the offstats on them more if it would be an upgrade, plus switching to more haste would help on chix fights.

Can't post armory, but I'm Wumbologist-Arthas US.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I am really embarrassed to be making this post. I used to be a really good monk and lately I just feel terrible. I keep pouring through logs trying to figure out where I'm coming up short and I'm at a point I can't blame the gear any longer. I keep trying different ideas to see what I can do to cheese out more DPS but it's making it worse. I can't seem to fix it myself anymore so maybe someone here can help me. Maybe you can see something I'm not. I know for starters my mastery is higher than I'd like it to be. I MISS REFORGING! Well maybe someone can help.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yatta/advanced
    Spec: Windwalker
    Combat Log Parse: Here's my log for last night. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hvkpQq#fight=5

You can choose different fights and see where I am at each one for the night. Those numbers are embarrassing. I feel like I'm at least 15k lower than I should be. I looked at this log of Gapesurface who is of the same ilvl and he/she's WAY above me. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I tried replicating the same amount of BOK's and FOF and all that but I just came up short. I tried checking the uptimes of TP and RSK and it seemed pretty even. It could be a fight per fight basis that I'm just choosing the wrong talents? If you need info about what talents I take for each fight, I'm sure you can kinda tell but just ask and I will let you know. Please help me if you can. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oranguto View Post
    Mastery is almost a wasted stat for Windwalkers and he has at least 7-8 pieces that still have them.
    5 of the 7 items with mastery also have MS, which if I'm not incorrect is the best secondary. Would he be better to go with a crit/haste item over an equal ilvl MS/Mastery item given Mastery's utter uselessness?

I'm also very curious about his damage numbers and if it looks like he's using his abilities correctly, actually a bit more-so because that's something we can fix faster.

Thank you for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    5 of the 7 items with mastery also have MS, which if I'm not incorrect is the best secondary. Would he be better to go with a crit/haste item over an equal ilvl MS/Mastery item given Mastery's utter uselessness?

I'm also very curious about his damage numbers and if it looks like he's using his abilities correctly, actually a bit more-so because that's something we can fix faster.

Thank you for the reply!
    it honestly doesnt matter - i'd say a same piece with something like versa/crit is way better than anything with mastery on it for instance. you can't really avoid it completely for tier but it's a stat you really want to avoid because anything else is better than waste

not entirely sure if he's getting enough casts in either

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sochu/advanced:
    WindWalker:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pxm8#source=19:

Hello, I'm an avid forum reader but this actually made me make an account...and make a bunch of random posts so the forum would let me link to things.

I've been pulling low dps for a while now but my raid's Mythic Beastlord attempts have brought it to a whole new level. Anything specific I can do to make me competitive on this fight would be great. I have a feeling buff/CD juggling may be an issue. I've redone my weakauras but they don't seem to be helping much. I've looked over the ones in the sticky but not sure I like any of them. If anyone has some really good ones, I'm game for those as well.

Thank you in advance
    -Sochu, Abyss, US-Whisperwind

Get ready for a shocker - This is the logs for my first raid as a brew, played it for a few days just (Did hit lvl 100 Sunday last week, got carried for few kills to get gears for this reset)
    That excuse aside (herp) I just want some feedback. Maybe its to much to correct, and I should revert back to my paladin that i know i play pretty flawless, but hey. Monk is awesome.

Also keep in mind that I was playing around a lot with different talents, mainly to test out what I did enjoy / would suite my playstyle / benefit the group.

Armory: Nikkj Monk Sunstrider
    Spec: Brewmaster
    Logs: HC 9/10 and Blackhand Normal kill from last night

Somthing I know for myself:

I must get shuffle & Guard up. It drops out to many times, even if its ok in periods as well. I was a bit tense tho and stressed due to it was my frist brew raid but i played a lot more reactive then proactive then I needed.

At the end of the raid, i atleast got a better use of Chi Burst at the end, and I might stay with this talent since I booth like it and it provides some heals.

Use my damn trinket all the time its off CD... Sigh. I just typed a /use 13 macro for it at the end (terrible, I know) and bound it to Blackout Kick - Is there another spell I should bind it to, like Tigers Palm?

Well, thats some shit there and I know logs is terrible, but at least I did my role and we did 1shot most of thebosses except when there was some random shit ongoing that messed it up-

And I know that it most of the times is better to use a 2h but the Ilvl increas to zorkas and the heroic bladefist is way better then my 660 staff And in fact, it did work out good with DW.