Quote Originally Posted by Tomsweeden View Post
    I don't know what to say....

Halp.
    Yeah.. This strangely happens with the Ally/Enemy Bodyguard npc's that their textures will be all borked up when checking them up close, you can see this happen too if you'll go to Dark Portal and take a look at the friendly Npc's there that are fighting the Iron Horde.

Edit How human females look by the Dark Portal. Draenei female used to look bad too but they seem to use the 6.1 models now.

Edit2 Funnily the 'borked' blood elf male I found by the Dark Portal seems to sport a mouth and nose desired by many.

Last edited by sylvira; 2015-02-27 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post
    Yeah.. This strangely happens with the Ally/Enemy Bodyguard npc's that their textures will be all borked up when checking them up close, you can see this happen too if you'll go to Dark Portal and take a look at the friendly Npc's there that are fighting the Iron Horde.

Edit How human females look by the Dark Portal. Draenei female used to look bad too but they seem to use the 6.1 models now.
    Oh my..I scurrred D:
    Sig by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Oh dear.

I'm surprised that has gone live. I mean, it's a bug that exists on the old model and it's been reported by numerous people here, on the official forum and through in-game feedback.
    Graeham what game is your avatar portrait from btw? -- and that was a lucky shot, it happens in a fraction of a second, so most will barely notice it, but now that it's been pointed out, i'm hoping it gets fixed

Deleted
    It has been said earlier in this thread but it needs attention.
    dat old human female run animation ctrl+c ctrl+p on fembelfs annoys me the most, that's so out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpGuN View Post
    It has been said earlier in this thread but it needs attention.
    dat old human female run animation ctrl+c ctrl+p on fembelfs annoys me the most, that's so out of character.
    Imho I disagree with it being the old human female run animation, atleast for the non-robed frame. If you make your blood elf female run and toggle between Old and New model, they are almost exactly the same par for a slight difference in the position of her arms as she swings them and additional small sway to her hips.
    Last edited by sylvira; 2015-02-28 at 01:03 AM.

Imho I disagree with it being the old human female run animation, atleast for the non-robed frame. If you make your blood elf female run and toggle between Old and New model, they are almost exactly the same par for a slight difference in the position of her arms as she swings them and additional small sway to her hips.
    I think they look a lot alike, maybe not identical, but they're very similar.

I have 6 different sets of RP gear on my character that I actively swapped between while running. The run animation does not differ from robed and not robed, it's only the shape of said robes that makes it look different.

That being said: I've mistaken every single blood elf on my server as a female human *EVERY* time they've run past me. I played alliance for years before switching back to horde, and I never once mistook Belf females for humans until now. That, to me, says something is wrong. They should not be mistaken for humans from any angle, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    I think they look a lot alike, maybe not identical, but they're very similar.

I have 6 different sets of RP gear on my character that I actively swapped between while running. The run animation does not differ from robed and not robed, it's only the shape of said robes that makes it look different.

That being said: I've mistaken every single blood elf on my server as a female human *EVERY* time they've run past me. I played alliance for years before switching back to horde, and I never once mistook Belf females for humans until now. That, to me, says something is wrong. They should not be mistaken for humans from any angle, imo.
    I don't know.. I regularly change my characters appearances too either through using RP sets or then different transmogrifications. I hadn't looked really into the running animation with robe yet so closely so was unsure on that.

I find that strange though, majority of my Horde characters have always been Blood Elves since TBC with occasional Alliance character like human or draenei here and there. To me the new models have retained most of their.. daintiness(?), and as such, I've no problem distinguishing them from the other races, especially humans. :/

Im not sure what contributes to other people seeing them different, is it the thicker figure or the before mentioned animations? I can understand the frustration that it can cause however.

I don't know.. I regularly change my characters appearances too either through using RP sets or then different transmogrifications. I hadn't looked really into the running animation with robe yet so closely so was unsure on that.

I find that strange though, majority of my Horde characters have always been Blood Elves since TBC with occasional Alliance character like human or draenei here and there. To me the new models have retained most of their.. daintiness(?), and as such, I've no problem distinguishing them from the other races, especially humans. :/

Im not sure what contributes to other people seeing them different, is it the thicker figure or the before mentioned animations? I can understand the frustration that it can cause however.
    I personally feel like it's the animations - the characters when standing idle I can recognize as a blood elf, but when they zip past me I register it as "Human" rather than "blood elf" now. Maybe their run is less bouncy? I dunno.

Deleted
    @sylvira & @Reimann can't we agree on that the fembelf run animation does not resemble the original?
    heck i been playing my lovely belf priest for so many years, this is something you notice instant. (too much bouncing around and hips and booty wiggle all over the place)

i agree that this is more noticeable when wearing a robe.
    Last edited by mmocc58067b9f8; 2015-02-28 at 02:51 AM.

I personally feel like it's the animations - the characters when standing idle I can recognize as a blood elf, but when they zip past me I register it as "Human" rather than "blood elf" now. Maybe their run is less bouncy? I dunno.
    It's hard for me to pinpoint too that what there could be about it that makes her look more of a human, hell, I even looked ingame again and ran around on both my (currently, soon to be a belf) human mage and one of my elves while switching between the models and what they wore with either robe or vest.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpGuN View Post
    @sylvira & @Reimann can't we agree on that the fembelf run animation does not resemble the original?
    heck i been playing my lovely belf priest for so many years, this is something you notice instant. (too much bouncing around and hips and booty wiggle all over the place)
    Ah.. I can't agree to that, earlier today while I were playing a elf of mine, I had to stop for a moment to check if I had left Old models on for some reason due to how similiar the Old/New models were. Admittadly I had things on that 'concealed' most of the animations like cloak/helm or both enabled with sheathed weapon, but the running animation was still recognizable to me through them.

I too have played my sin'dorei for many (7-8) years, so I suppose in the end it all just boils down to our own, personal interpretations of how the characters we play and see, are.
    Last edited by sylvira; 2015-02-28 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsweeden View Post
    I don't know what to say....

Halp.
    Hahahahhaha omg. I love seeing pics of when this happens.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The running animation on the female model is fine.

Even if it was a problem, there's a million greater ones.

The walk animation is okay, although it curiously reminds me of something.

And that is the walking animation of the 'titan' model, the one used by Thorim and Ra-Den for example.

I don't know, it's just something about the stiffness that gives a similar impression. Not that stiff is bad in this case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Today I noticed that dancing expressions on the fembelf are intermittent. Sometimes she makes them, sometimes she has a blank expression. Even with all the time they spent on the female model, she's got problems.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    The running animation on the female model is fine.

Even if it was a problem, there's a million greater ones.

The walk animation is okay, although it curiously reminds me of something.

And that is the walking animation of the 'titan' model, the one used by Thorim and Ra-Den for example.

I don't know, it's just something about the stiffness that gives a similar impression. Not that stiff is bad in this case.
    Personally speaking, the run animation stands as the largest issue I have with the f!belf. As well as the Male's. I can live with the too-low mouth and the hips being overly large. They don't look terrible and nor do I notice them standing out as I do the run animation.

It's great you think it's fine, but it bothers a number of people.

Then again, most of the new run animations are pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Oh dear.

I'm surprised that has gone live. I mean, it's a bug that exists on the old model and it's been reported by numerous people here, on the official forum and through in-game feedback.
    Why fix things when they're already broken?

Deleted
    Personally speaking, the run animation stands as the largest issue I have with the f!belf. As well as the Male's. I can live with the too-low mouth and the hips being overly large. They don't look terrible and nor do I notice them standing out as I do the run animation.

It's great you think it's fine, but it bothers a number of people.

Then again, most of the new run animations are pretty bad.
    The run animation is great with no robes (my fem belf paladin and hunter wear pants and their running is fine on the other hand my poor priest ... I hate how the robes make her running look awful )

New Blood Elf Weapon and Offhand Angle?

Did anyone else notice that the weapons and offhands are instead of pointing |o| are instead pointing towards the legs so \o/ which causes them to clip into the models significantly.

Has Blizzard said anything about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    So they are cutting themselves. Seems appropriate for the Emo Elves. :P

Pretty sure all the new models cause clipping issues

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Pretty sure all the new models cause clipping issues
    It's not directly a clipping issue. The issue is that they rotated the weapon(s) for some reason and that's why it clips. If it was held straight up and down like you'd expect, it wouldn't clip.