Smile How will I be notified when I get accepted to Overwatch Beta?

Title. I really really REALLY want to play Overwatch. Will I be notified email or on battle.net launcher (etc)?

Also, how long do you think it will take till they accept me? I signed up today (Jan 25).

if you " I really really REALLY want to play Overwatch" you would have signed up the moment it was announced.

Will probably be notified in bnet launcher first and mail should come shortly thereafter.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, Overwatch beta isn't out yet, for anyone.

Second, I don't believe they've even announced when it's going to start, let alone any beta dissemination plans.

Thirdly, I believe they accept people into Betas primarily based on their history of playing Blizzard games.

When I was accepted into heroes of the storm, it just popped up on my battle.net client. It should also appear on your battle.net account. So I assume overwatch will be largely the same way.

You should be wary of scam emails that might start going around when Beta invites do start to go out. If you do get invited, you should check your battle.net account or launcher for the download, and not emails.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

How many people do you think signed up for it? I heard accepts come in waves and wonder how many people in each wave. How long did it take you to get into Heroes of the Storm?

Hopefully i will get accepted in the week beta comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyWantOverwatch View Post
    How many people do you think signed up for it? I heard accepts come in waves and wonder how many people in each wave. How long did it take you to get into Heroes of the Storm?

I'm sure several thousand people signed up the moment they saw the game announced. The accept waves are very large as well, but I'm sure the pool of players applying is quite substantial as well.

I had been signed up for heroes of the storm for a while when it was announced, and was accepted into one of the first alpha invite waves. However, I've played WoW for seven years, bought the year-long annual pass, was accepted into the Diablo 3 beta, the hearthstone beta, and the MoP beta, so I think my account might have a fair bit of "standing" in their automatic distribution system.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Blizzard has pretty much been mum to any information about Overwatch since Blizzcon.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyWantOverwatch View Post

It is pretty much impossible to know when you will get the invite. For Heroes of the Storm I signed up within the minute they released it. I did get my invite 23 december 2014. I had a friend that did signed up almost a year later and he did get an invite before me.

I'm guessing there'll be a tech alpha like HoTS, no idea when (answer: not soon enough) but don't worry, you will be notified. Make sure you go into your BNet profile now and set yourself up for interest.

IIRC, I got an email and an icon appeared in my launcher for HoTS and HS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    IIRC, I got an email and an icon appeared in my launcher for HoTS and HS.
    The email was bugged for many during the HoTS alpha. You could get the mail weeks after the icon appeared in your bnet launcher.

It's not first come first serve, and there's no alpha or beta testing going on right now.

You'll get an email and it'll simply appear on your launcher as a new icon if you get in.

Also when you get invited, it will generally pop up on your launcher before you get an email, that's happened to me with both Warlords Beta and HotS alpha too.

The email came 2/3 days after the download came up on the launcher.

Deleted
    I never got any notification that I got accepted into HotS alpha. Not one mail nothing, just one day it was there in my BNet launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    The email was bugged for many during the HoTS alpha. You could get the mail weeks after the icon appeared in your bnet launcher.
    Think I dimly remember that.

Either way, you'll know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Thirdly, I believe they accept people into Betas primarily based on their history of playing Blizzard games.
    No, not at all. Been playing wow without dropping the sub once since the launch of TBC, while buying and playing every single Blizz game released since then, while also having a long history with WC3. Signed up for every Beta, only got SC2:WoL and Heroes so far. Never gotten invited to any WoW or Diablo beta (MoP beta doesn't count since you had 100% chance of getting it with the annual pass).

It's competely random.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I guess it depends.. I still to this date haven't gotten any mail regarding HotS Alpha(now beta), yet I have had it for quite a while now(before December I think). In any case easiest way to notice it if you use Blizzard Launcher, additional Icon should appear and start loading when you have it.

But it ain't out yet. And trust me, we will know when it's out.. The game has so much hype, that everyone will know when the Beta is out. And sadly that also means many people disappointed that they didn't get an invite.

Quote Originally Posted by M4D View Post
    I never got any notification that I got accepted into HotS alpha. Not one mail nothing, just one day it was there in my BNet launcher.
    Yup, happened to me too :P

I got a notification a few days after my Launcher downloaded it, I think it was in my junk folder too though.