Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Yes, very stupid.

No, people with that kind of wealth are not living in the real world.
    You're right, they're living in the fake world paying with monopoly money. If only I could crack the secrets to obtain their status...

But if it makes you feel better OP, I've been playing since Beta and I still don't have all the giants, or even the priest cards that are like needed to run a priest (Cabal and the other card that causes healing to do damage)

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    But it's always the shitty decks that go the distance.. I still haven't had an awesome deck that went over 7 wins.. They always go 6-3, loosing to cheesy plays
    when building your deck, focus on cards that can combo with eachother very well. then you will be the one with the cheesy plays

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I'm curious you mean to get all golden cards or cards in general, because I strongly disagree that 1 whole year isn't enough to get all normal version of cards, worst case you will have enough dust to make them
    Well I got about 2200 arena wins pre gvg and still don't own a copy of mind games.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    when building your deck, focus on cards that can combo with eachother very well. then you will be the one with the cheesy plays
    I rather stick with my high winrate rather than go for things rarely work

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I'm curious you mean to get all golden cards or cards in general, because I strongly disagree that 1 whole year isn't enough to get all normal version of cards, worst case you will have enough dust to make them
    400 days x 50 gold/day
    That is only 20000 gold or 200 packs.

It takes 500 packs to just get all classic cards.

I have enough dust to make 1 or 2 deck. But not enough to have all cards.

only one thousand dollars for every card in a card game? that's cheap.

though HS is entirely digital so I guess it's a bit different than physical TCGs

Deleted
    Based on what a friend of mine told me:

- Over 1600 dollars for him to get all cards in the game pre-GvG and pretty much all golden versions of the cards that are played the most;

- Over 600 to do the same with GvG cards.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-02-01 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post

- Over 1600 dollars for him to get all cards in the game pre-GvG and pretty much all golden versions of the cards that are played the most;

That is crazy.

Normal cards should be obtainable via daily. After doing 1 year daily, I should get ALL classic cards.
    Golden cards is for Pay-To-Win people.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post

Each to their own and all, but I really don't understand why someone would lay down $1-2k on a game unless you mean to play the living shit out of it, and if you ARE going to play that heavily you're wasting your money because you will get those cards in the course of playing anyway. All you're doing is removing any sense of progression from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    That is crazy.

Normal cards should be obtainable via daily. After doing 1 year daily, I should get ALL classic cards.
    Golden cards is for Pay-To-Win people.
    *GASP* They are available via the daily. It gives you gold which you can use to buy packs. It's not a hard concept to follow.

And Curtarc1987, please say thanks to your friend from me for funding the game, sincerely thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Yes, very stupid.

No, people with that kind of wealth are not living in the real world.
    When you phrase it like that I'm wondering what kind of special person would prefer to live in the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    400 days x 50 gold/day
    That is only 20000 gold or 200 packs.

It takes 500 packs to just get all classic cards.

I have enough dust to make 1 or 2 deck. But not enough to have all cards.
    500 packs for all classic cards? Do you include *all* legendaries in that? Since that's nothing but massive overkill, you can easily ignore lots of the classic legendaries, as you won't even touch most of them in the 1-4 decks you play as "standard". There's no reason to go for the shitty cards just because they're there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Each to their own and all, but I really don't understand why someone would lay down $1-2k on a game unless you mean to play the living shit out of it, and if you ARE going to play that heavily you're wasting your money because you will get those cards in the course of playing anyway. All you're doing is removing any sense of progression from the game.
    On the flip side, spending that amount of progression in a game takes away the amount of progression you can do IRL. Your day is only 24 hours like everybody else's. If you progress IRL and then have a decent amount of money with nothing to spend it on, why on earth wouldn't you spend it on something you enjoy, even if it is casually?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since HS is a digital card game and there is no way to trade cards it would be nice to make it just a bit easier/cheaper to get the cards you want.
    One way would be the reduced cost, both for gold and money.
    Another one would be the DE ratio increase, which lets be honest it's ridiculously low at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Hearthstone gives you the ability to earn card packs while playing the game and to craft individual cards, which you can't do in MTG, or any other card game.
    Mmdoc allows you to craft singles... but honestly, hs is pretty generous in giving you free cards, especially when you get better in arenas

Deleted
    That person is an idiot.

I got every card I needed for free.
    Maybe he was referring to me, I spent 1600 Euro to get many golden cards but I still miss like 40, excluding soulbound cards that you get by leveling the Heroes.
    To get/craft *all* relevant neutral and class legendaries + epics I claim you have to buy Naxx and buy 240 classic packs and 200 GvG packs, that would be ~470 Euro on a new account

Quote Originally Posted by Embodier View Post
    Maybe he was referring to me, I spent 1600 Euro to get many golden cards but I still miss like 40, excluding soulbound cards that you get by leveling the Heroes.
    To get/craft *all* relevant neutral and class legendaries + epics I claim you have to buy Naxx and buy 240 classic packs and 200 GvG packs, that would be ~470 Euro on a new account
    That must have been a very frustrating grind seeing as you can't craft goldens to my knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

That must have been a very frustrating grind seeing as you can't craft goldens to my knowledge.
    The only way to get golden Naxx cards is to craft them.