Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    One of two things:

You flooded which... well which is really stupid against a Mage or he got RNJesus and SOMEHOW held out until turn 10 and an 8 card combo.

He'd have to:
    Nova
    CoC
    CoC
    Blizzard
    Blizzard
    Nova + Doom Sayer
    Flamestrike

Or something along those lines to constantly clear your board every turn to make your scenario make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree this combination is too strong when coupled with Doomsayer, Ice block, Cone of Cold, Blizzard and all those other spells, unless you can pull off some big silences and control the Doomsayers or play a warrior / druid and all of that stuff, it's a loss.

I also think Mechwarper needs to be made a 2 cost 2/2, or cost 3.
    At a 2 cost 2/3 it only dies on turn 2 to Dust Devil, Flame imp, Fiery War Axe, Frostbolt, Dark Bomb, and Wrath, it takes up until turn 3 until you can finally kill it, by that point its gotten so much value its never got a bad situation, it's a no win situation against that card because Dust Devil overloads for 2 so you become vulnerable to counterplays, and flame imp is a 5 damage trade to kill it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    I agree this combination is too strong when coupled with Doomsayer, Ice block, Cone of Cold, Blizzard and all those other spells, unless you can pull off some big silences and control the Doomsayers or play a warrior / druid and all of that stuff, it's a loss.

I also think Mechwarper needs to be made a 2 cost 2/2, or cost 3.
    At a 2 cost 2/3 it only dies on turn 2 to Dust Devil, Flame imp, Fiery War Axe, Frostbolt, Dark Bomb, and Wrath, it takes up until turn 3 until you can finally kill it, by that point its gotten so much value its never got a bad situation, it's a no win situation against that card because Dust Devil overloads for 2 so you become vulnerable to counterplays, and flame imp is a 5 damage trade to kill it.
    Or you could just make it a 1/3. Or a 2/3 that, instead of reducing all mech costs, reduces the cost of the first mech you play by 2 each turn.

And then that mage faces an ever-present prot warrior.

But yeah, that's happened to me once before. I laughed and sucked it up with a Well Played. Saving a combo like that and being able to survive with such a huge combo is pretty impressive, and it was definitely a twist. I was playing conservatively as a handlock and he proved that you should never assume a netdeck.

They need to save up every piece of that many-card combo, not using them for anything else. You can ignore the difficulty necessary to stall long enough to get all of the cards needed for the combo and whine about "waaah he OTK'd me!" or realize how hard it'd really be to reserve stuff like that. The moral of this story: if a mage is holding a giant mess of cards, pressure hard.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Or you could just make it a 2/3 that, instead of reducing all mech costs, reduces the cost of the first mech you play by 2 each turn.
    To make it even more op? Not sure why you would even suggest that. We had that once with Pint-Sized Summoner and it was nerfed quite quickly to 1 mana for the first minion.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    To make it even more op? Not sure why you would even suggest that. We had that once with Pint-Sized Summoner and it was nerfed quite quickly to 1 mana for the first minion.
    The point isn't to make it a crappy card, it's to take it from being an amazing card to a very good card.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    The point isn't to make it a crappy card, it's to take it from being an amazing card to a very good card.
    Your suggestion just made it better though. And you really can't say it's not a bit broken atm.

If you want to have it still being a good card, keep it as 2-3, but only let it do the -1 to play a mech once a turn. More than resonable to me as it's still rather decent of a 2 mana body and it would stop the silly plays that abuse the ability atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I agree. Every time I meet a decent mage it's freeze, blizzard, flamestrike, freeze, blizzard, flamestrike. Even when I have 6+ minions up they are useless.
    I bolded some key words in your post. Maybe that will help you figure out what you're doing wrong against freeze mages.

Don't put a 6+ minion out when you suspect that your opponent can blizzard (5 mana) + flamestrike (7 mana). Try baiting out the Blizzard and then dropping the 6+ minions, or play sticky minions like Shredder, Belcher, etc.

Most importantly, as long as you aren't flooding the board with four or more minions, they'll be hesitant to blow their AoEs unless they absolutely have to. Keep minions in your hand.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2015-02-03 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    Remember them nerfing rogues and warriors because of their ability to pull off OTK's?

Just faced a mage, had them at 1 hp the last 3 turns, I had a full board as well, they had double ice block secrets... The turn that I was able to win... They pulled this off.

2x sorcerers apprentice
    1x ancient mage between them
    1x fireball (8damage)
    2x frost bolt (10damage)
    2x ice lance (12damage)

Taunt does nothing.
    The only class to stand a chance is hunter (flare) or warrior (armor)
    and between these 5 turns you did nothing? either you got a really bad draw or your just well not very good.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and between these 5 turns you did nothing? either you got a really bad draw or your just well not very good.
    2 Sorc apprentice: 4 mana
    Ancient Mage: 4 mana
    Fireball: 4-2=2 mana
    2 Frost Bolt: 2*(2-2)=0 mana
    2 Ice Lance: 2*max(1-2,0)=0 mana

10 mana, one turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.