Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Who hates them?
    I hate those fuckers, vicious territorial monsters.

Bees. I saw my neighbor kill a bunch of honeybees one time and I died a little inside. I can understand hating wasps or hornets (even though they're generally beneficial for controlling aphids, caterpillars etc) but bees are completely harmless unless you're trying to get stung. A lot of people just lump them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What animals get bad raps? My picks:

1.Sharks - sharks get a bad rap, even though sharks rarely actually attack and kill people, great white sharks usually mistake surfboards as seals.

2. Pit bulls and other large terriers - they get a bad rap because of their accusations to violence. Pit bulls are terriers, a retriever would bite a human on the limbs and let go, but terriers are known to get the grab the neck or face and hold.

3. Chimpanzees (and other apes) - because of the their human appearance and their lack of self-control, they are noted for attacking humans. However, not all apes will attack people; gorillas, orangutans and bonobos rarely attack people and deaths by them are almost unheard of.

4. Cats - cats can get a bad rap, because they are not like dogs. A cat loves you, but sees you s an equal, but a dog sees you as a master.

Just my opinion
    Any cat that os not kept infoors deserves the bad rap, they kill wildlife and destroy eco systems
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Does anyone know how many times I have to post here until I can post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Don't get a Chihuahua they said, it will bite you and never stop barking they said..

<picture>

With dogs atleast, it depends how you raise them lol not all pitbulls are going to maul people.

PS HELP MY OVERSIZED PICTURE MAKES MY DOG LOOK LIKE A MONSTER
    is your dog smaller than that picture irl? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Crabs. They just want a handshake

see, just a handshake
    Last edited by Raging Penguin; 2015-02-03 at 08:52 AM.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

They cant even remember who you are after 10 minutes.
    My cats which lived with my parents remembered me even after I was gone for months in college. IMO they are more intelligent than dogs. Dogs can be taught tricks and to do what you tell them to do, cats are too smart to be controlled by that. In a lot of cases, it is the cat that controls the owner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shogunit3 View Post
    Crabs. They just want a handshake
    That's a crayfish.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Dobermans.

Mine are beautiful and friendly. But super protective. The have the intelligence to know the good guys from the bad. Dobermans now days are very safe and sound. The breeding in the 70's did leave a lot to be desired, which gave them a bad rap.

My boy.
    snip
    And they're the evil guy's (guard) dogs in so many movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyenas. Everyone likes the popular ones like lions and stuff. Hyenas are pretty fucking badass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Or when you get in a room and see a monster like this (in Cambodia).

Anyone knows what kind of spider this is btw ? Not really clear on the picture but it was quite huge, wooden ledge was close to 10cm wide I think.
    I saw one of this little friends in my house when I was living in Thailand. It was big (like an open man's hand) , and the way they walk (they actually move with little jumps, like a frog) was so damn creepy. Tho, the villagers told me it was harmless.

And for the wolves; have to say that wolves tend to avoid humans. If they come by around the town it's because of the lack of food.
    Last edited by Hawthorne Wipes; 2015-02-03 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You swam with sharks in a CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT. It's not the same thing as a random place in the wild.

You could swim with 1,000,000,000 sharks and I still won't care because it doesn't change the fact that those things do attack and eat people. It doesn't change the fact that they have the ability to kill you. It doesn't change the fact that random attacks can and do happen no matter how safe you think you are.

Go ahead and try to make "friends" with dangerous predatory animals. That shit it not for me and I'm a big boy too.
    Translation = Willfull ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's a crayfish.
    Damn, couldn't tell what it was when I put it up, had my eyes slanted cause they were stinging.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

My cat loves me and it would make no sense to kill all apes, because it would destroy any more possible information that we could use to solve ourselves as well as completely destroy an amazing group of animals.
    When a cat rubs against you it is a sign of dominance. It marks its territory by saying "This human belongs to me. It feeds me and does everything for me."

You mistake love for dominance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    When a cat rubs against you it is a sign of dominance. It marks its territory by saying "This human belongs to me. It feeds me and does everything for me."

You mistake love for dominance.
    Well the small, furry mammal I keep for my amusement can think whatever it wants.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

What animals get bad raps? My picks:

1.Sharks - sharks get a bad rap, even though sharks rarely actually attack and kill people, great white sharks usually mistake surfboards as seals.

2. Pit bulls and other large terriers - they get a bad rap because of their accusations to violence. Pit bulls are terriers, a retriever would bite a human on the limbs and let go, but terriers are known to get the grab the neck or face and hold.

3. Chimpanzees (and other apes) - because of the their human appearance and their lack of self-control, they are noted for attacking humans. However, not all apes will attack people; gorillas, orangutans and bonobos rarely attack people and deaths by them are almost unheard of.

4. Cats - cats can get a bad rap, because they are not like dogs. A cat loves you, but sees you s an equal, but a dog sees you as a master.

Just my opinion
    Haha interesting topic.

On the other side of the argument you have Sea otters, which have a good rep for being cute and fluffy but in reality are sociopaths and rape baby seals to death (I'm not even joking). The biggest cause of death for female sea otters is being drowned/bitten to death by other otters while mating :/

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Daddy long legs spiders. They are actually harmless, they can't bite humans like other spiders and don't even make webs, but their looks just creep people out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erris View Post
    Daddy long legs spiders. They are actually harmless, they can't bite humans like other spiders and don't even make webs, but their looks just creep people out.
    Daddy long legs can bite, and do build webs. However, they have very mild venom.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They cant even remember who you are after 10 minutes.

To be honest killing all apes would be a smart choice technically.
    No they know. They just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Daddy long legs can bite, and do build webs. However, they have very mild venom.
    In the UK we call daddy long legs some flying insect thing. It is a rather useless looking creature. It "flies" but mainly bumps into things and has 6 legs usually reduced to 0 by evil school children who pull them off.

As for Cats, they apparently see you as a giant cat. They don't love/hate us or anything they are quite social. Although not as domesticated as dogs they do use verbal communication more with humans. Usually because humans are so noisy the usual visual/smell related clues they give out go ignored. So cats meow and make other noises to let you know things.

The rubbing is to show your theirs/make you smell like them so you're more familiar to them. Still the cats can think what they want. I love my cats and my dogs. Even when they annoy the living shit out of me sometimes. Yes cat I am fully aware you can knock off my beer can from my desk, does not mean you have to!