Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's really one of my only complaints about this season. Matt really shouldn't have ever hooked up with her in the first place. I'm just glad there wasn't a heavy focus on their relationship and that it ended pretty quick. Between Flash and Arrow I'm fuckin sick of relationship drama and secrets.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I thought this was out, since i've seen it, but guessing by the lack of comments, many have you haven't, so i'll spoiler my comments

I strangely was not moved by the first episode of the new season, even when daredevil gets shot off the edge of the building, i'm barely moved.

seems pretty run of the mill, season 1 started off special, it grabbed me from the get go.. but hey. Also has the actor put on weight for this? buffed up? he looks bulkier, it's kinda weird - isn't he supposed to be a blind geek?

I wasn't really surprised to find out it was just one person doing that massive shoot up , in fact it was the first thing that came to mind, so either they did too good a job on the cues or if they meant to disguise that, it wasn't well disguised because I caught it, which means you probably will.

Maybe it's just me, but they all look...less than they were in season 1, there's a different vibe, to this, I'll see where it goes, cos S1 was so good

Average opener, the mystery not that engaging, but please remind me to avoid these forums, too many diligent fans spilling everything - i enjoy things best when I know nothing, however even though that was the case for this first episode, it was pretty average to me

how did you feel about it?
    Blind? Yes. Geek? Nope.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Blind? Yes. Geek? Nope.
    well he masquearades as a geek .. not quite Peter Parker degree of geek, but he's lawyer type book worm.. I would have imagined him a bit slimmer too, but i'm okay with him bulking up a bit, but I never pegged DD as the bulky muscle mary type.

Deleted
    well he masquearades as a geek .. not quite Peter Parker degree of geek, but he's lawyer type book worm.. I would have imagined him a bit slimmer too, but i'm okay with him bulking up a bit, but I never pegged DD as the bulky muscle mary type.
    He isn't that bulky, compare him to the size of the Punisher and he's much slimmer. He looks bulkier this season because a lot of his scenes have been with Elektra, and the silhouettes of the 2 emphasise his size, when in reality Elektra is quite tiny. Look at the scene where Fisk grabs him in the Prison, Fisk towers over him (I mean I know its the Kingpin and thats his thing, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    He isn't that bulky, compare him to the size of the Punisher and he's much slimmer. He looks bulkier this season because a lot of his scenes have been with Elektra, and the silhouettes of the 2 emphasise his size, when in reality Elektra is quite tiny. Look at the scene where Fisk grabs him in the Prison, Fisk towers over him (I mean I know its the Kingpin and thats his thing, but still).
    Also, DD's suit adds some bulk to his silhoette making him seem heavier than he is.

i guess i'm going by EU standards, not that bulky over here, but the actor has buffed off a bit this season compared to last season..right? or do you disagree?

also what's the time gap between season 1 and 2? a year? - I mean in the story not irl

Actually, his face kind of looks fatter when he's in the suit. That's something I noticed. It completely changed the shape of his head to the point that I actually wondered if there was a stunt guy in the suit even for shots where he was just standing around.

Deleted
    i guess i'm going by EU standards, not that bulky over here, but the actor has buffed off a bit this season compared to last season..right? or do you disagree?

also what's the time gap between season 1 and 2? a year? - I mean in the story not irl
    I don't think he's got any bigger, like Cthulhu said, the suit adds a lot of bulk to him.

Not really sure on the timeline, but I don't think its anywhere near a year. Fisk didn't look to have been in prison a year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    That's really one of my only complaints about this season. Matt really shouldn't have ever hooked up with her in the first place. I'm just glad there wasn't a heavy focus on their relationship and that it ended pretty quick. Between Flash and Arrow I'm fuckin sick of relationship drama and secrets.
    I think the sole purpose of the Matt and Karen relationship was to contrast the Matt and Elektra relationship.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Every superhero is bulky as fuck. And no, he doesn't masquerade as a geek, just as a quiet guy. And DD is a muscle guy, that's for sure, he often goes toe-to-toe with Kingpin, who is litterally a mountain of muscle.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Big muscles doesn't always mean big strength. There's a difference between body building and strength training. In general more reps in a set will lead to bigger looking muscles but fewer reps and more sets with more weights will lead to smaller more dense muscles that are stronger. You don't have to look like mr universe to be strong

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Big muscles doesn't always mean big strength. There's a difference between body building and strength training. In general more reps in a set will lead to bigger looking muscles but fewer reps and more sets with more weights will lead to smaller more dense muscles that are stronger. You don't have to look like mr universe to be strong
    i thought it was the other way round.. but also the technique matters ... even movements are not the optimal for increasing strengtrh and endurance.

I don't think he's any bulkier than last season. Need moar shirtless scenes to confirm but dude's gotta have some muscle to take on Kingpin, the Punisher, and the Hand.

I'm up to episode 8 and this season is amazing. I don't want to say it's better than season 1 because I loved season 1, but it might be. Of course I'll try to reserve judgment until I've seen the finale.

Oh and Jon Bernthal is killing it.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading some critic reviews of Daredevil S2 I feel like I'm living in Bizarro World. The Punisher sold the entire season for me and I felt like Jon Bernthal completely nailed it. He's not my favorite actor by any means, but certain scenes from TWD sold me on the idea of him being a great Punisher well before the season aired. I loved how quickly they got into the action as well. If anything I wanted more interaction between him and Matt but I was really satisfied with what we got.

What I wasn't too satisfied with was Elektra...her arc was the low point of the series for me. A lot of critics disagree /shrug

8/10.

If I could rank the previous season? 10/10. I don't hide my love for Daredevil, he's always been among my top 5 favorite Marvel heroes with or without a show on Netflix.

Since everything I have to say about Jon Bernthal's amazing performance has already been said, I'm going to stress some of the issues I had about this season that warranted a lower score than last.

1 - cardboard villains. Was The Punisher honestly a villain? Well maybe for the first 3 episodes, but afterwards loses that title so it shifts to The Hand, and boy did they really bring out the Silver Age of comics with them this season. The final 3 episodes almost left me cringing and wishing the hand was left for season 3, they just weren't given justice. Elektra and her actress was great, but her fate was all too predictable and I was hoping we'd get some MCU spice to her usual run-of-the-mill redemption and resurrection arc but oh well. The last moments of the season - even for me a diehard Marvel fan, was confusing and needless. What is the Black Sky? What exactly is its purpose? Well we aren't going to tell you... But we will refer to it by name about 20 times per episode. Oh, it's Elektra! But what does it all mean? Does it give her powers or maybe it doe- season over. What's with Madame Gao? She had a 2 minute cameo appearance despite being a major season 1 player? What the hell?

2 - Confusing side stories. Who were the kids? What was that whole hospital scene about? They were blood mules to fuel the resurrection vessel, why are they needed by the hand after having been drained? What's with the hole? Why is Stick appearing at just the right moment in true deus ex machine clichè fashion? Again, having this season being focused on Punisher, the trial, his escape would have made such a better season.

3 - city skyline. Whatever. Despite all the fan criticism of season 1 of DD and JJ about the glaringly obvious lack of Avenger's tower it continues to be weirdly absent. Is this the MCU or not, guys? And having completely avoided all Easter eggs and nods this season you'd wonder if Daredevil is taking place in the MCU at all.

4 - too many "made for TV moments" and obvious tropes being used. To make a short list of a long one: last-minute saves by Stick, Frank so happening to be in the exact right spot at the exact right moment to send a careening car towards Karen and saving her. Bullets miraculously missing every shot aimed at Elektra. Guys armed with swords, arrows and guns running up to DD and Elektra to fist fight them (lol).

It was getting pretty cheesy at the end there, but overall another solid season.

I think the thing I heard about Madam Gao is that she's going to figure into Iron Fist as the leader of K'un L'un, the pocket dimension city. She even says in s1 that she's from someplace "much further than China."

This could explain the blood sacrifices etc, as that's something they did there. Iron Fist is a much more mystical character, and that's what The Hand et al seem to be setting up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    3 - city skyline. Whatever. Despite all the fan criticism of season 1 of DD and JJ about the glaringly obvious lack of Avenger's tower it continues to be weirdly absent. Is this the MCU or not, guys? And having completely avoided all Easter eggs and nods this season you'd wonder if Daredevil is taking place in the MCU at all.
    Everytime they are in the Newspaper office look at all the framed articles, they are all from the MCU. Battle for New York, Stark Tower being Ruined, Hulk in Harlem, etc etc.

They are definitely there. Hell's Kitchen is only 1 part of New York, Pretty sure Stark/Avengers Tower is in Midtown or Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Watching Daredevil. I'm tired of the long fight scenes in every.single.episode. I generally just minimize and go do something else until the fight ends.

A big fight every couple episodes is a good thing. Multiple big fights every single episode is not - particularly when there's a distressing similarity to each fight scene.
    That's my favorite part. I wish Into the Badlands had more fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I do feel like DD doesn't much feel like part of the MCU. S2 even less so than S1 which at least had the odd direct reference. Like there were big parallels imo between the vigilantism of the Punisher/DD and that of the Avengers, but no one brings it up, even though at this point in the MCU time line Civil War is coming up.

Jessica Jones did a much better job at feeling like part of a wider universe imo. We had people who had lost loved ones in the battle of NY going after superpowered individuals, people aren't too shocked to see people with superpowers, and the whole reason Jessica isn't a laughing stock for trying to legally prove mind control is because of the existence of superheroes.

I can't wait for the Defenders.

Homophobia is so gay.