Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Luke Cage trailer too

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Luke Cage looks so good.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Deleted
    I can't get over the fact how these New York shows from Marvel are so far beyond any of the DC shows, and how they're not even as silly as the MCU movies are as far as superheroes go. Arrow, Flash and those shows are like watching the movie Batman & Robin over and over again, with their bright colors and plastic surfaces, like they jumped straight out of an action figure box. These shows on the other hand are so gritty and cool. So amazing.

I've always thought that one of the best decisions Stan Lee, or whoever it was that came up with the setting, made, was setting it in New York, instead of some made-up Central Gothamprolis City.

Peak Humans in the comics aren't the humans you see in real life. Batman's dodged bullets, lifted 500 kgs, crashed anti-RPG walls etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I can't get over the fact how these New York shows from Marvel are so far beyond any of the DC shows, and how they're not even as silly as the MCU movies are as far as superheroes go. Arrow, Flash and those shows are like watching the movie Batman & Robin over and over again, with their bright colors and plastic surfaces, like they jumped straight out of an action figure box. These shows on the other hand are so gritty and cool. So amazing.

I've always thought that one of the best decisions Stan Lee, or whoever it was that came up with the setting, made, was setting it in New York, instead of some made-up Central Gothamprolis City.
    Yeah, Daredevil blows everything CW has out of the water.

I wish they would do a batman netflix series.

Just let Netflix handle all the super hero shit lol

Daredevil has been renewed for season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

I like that they are different. If every show tried the gritty and realistic route it wouldn't work, especially for a character like Flash. I do think the Netflix shows thus far have been better, but I enjoy the "bright colors and plastic surfaces" of The Flash as you put it. I don't care for the other CW shows at all though, so maybe you're right overall but I do think its good that they aren't all trying the same approach.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I like that they are different. If every show tried the gritty and realistic route it wouldn't work, especially for a character like Flash. I do think the Netflix shows thus far have been better, but I enjoy the "bright colors and plastic surfaces" of The Flash as you put it. I don't care for the other CW shows at all though, so maybe you're right overall but I do think its good that they aren't all trying the same approach.
    Honestly I like both Flash/Netflix Marvel style. I can only stand so much grit/realistic and Flash is a good balance for that. Though the Arrow is just horrible now, they need to just stop renewing the seasons and just end it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    MarvelFlix are just killing it... I have ONE possible worry though.

Daredevil: Blind, grim guy goes around punching people.
    Jessica Jones: Superpowered grim lady goes around punching people.
    Luke Cage: Invulnerable grim guy goes around punching people.
    Iron Fist: Mythical powered grim guy goes around punching people. (Probably)

There's only so much angst I can take, if ALL FOUR of the defenders are these super grim characters it's going to get a bit much. Hope they inject a bit of levity somewhere (hopefully Iron Fist).
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

There's only so much angst I can take, if ALL FOUR of the defenders are these super grim characters it's going to get a bit much. Hope they inject a bit of levity somewhere (hopefully Iron Fist).
    I think when they are all together in Defenders there'll be a bit more levity.

I could see Jessica being more upbeat now. I mean her major concern and problem was dealt with, she is hanging out with her BFF again. Things seem up despite all she went through. Not saying she will become a ray of sunshine, but if she is still super sulky next season that would be rather confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I could see Jessica being more upbeat now. I mean her major concern and problem was dealt with, she is hanging out with her BFF again. Things seem up despite all she went through. Not saying she will become a ray of sunshine, but if she is still super sulky next season that would be rather confusing.
    Yeah true... Unless they bring Purple Man back...

I think it could be alright if they have Iron Fist as the funny one, Jessica as sorta in between, Luke as the "Straight guy" to Danny's joker and Daredevil still being a moody prick.

It's a fine line to walk tbh.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Yeah true... Unless they bring Purple Man back...

I think it could be alright if they have Iron Fist as the funny one, Jessica as sorta in between, Luke as the "Straight guy" to Danny's joker and Daredevil still being a moody prick.

It's a fine line to walk tbh.
    Honestly with the shows tone I'm not sure if an actual light character could work. Like a main character. That's sort of the trade off, if you want grim realistic stuff then popping jokes often would seem possibly callous or just dumb. You usually leave the levity to side characters (Murdock's partner, Jones BFF, etc) and have the main characters who are out there fighting keep their grim demeanor. Not saying it cant show them being more happy like I think Jessica should be, but full of levity in a main character I ddon't know how that would play.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair there are many kinds of funny, also in a ensemble cast like this, I think there's always room for a lighter character. He doesn't need to be Spiderman/Deadpool levels of wise cracking, but if there's ONE character who isn't tortured by their past, that'd be great.

Isn't that supposed to be Daredevil's law partner? Although, now that I think about it, he was pretty grim this past season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Isn't that supposed to be Daredevil's law partner? Although, now that I think about it, he was pretty grim this past season.
    Foggy yes. He's the comic relief for Daredevil (although I have to agree, this season he was pretty grim), but I still think that we need a semi light character within the main defenders cast.

Maybe that's just me *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    i seen the teaser for justice league and was like, meh thats neat. then saw these teasers for marvels b-line netflix productions and felt way,WAY more hype. and i fucking hate using the word hype, so hats off to marvel.

Luke Cage was the only saving grace in jessica jones so im really looking forward to his show.

Don't forget about the Punisher. They sure as shit aren't going to leave him out of the defenders even if he isn't one of the four originally planned members. I wonder how he'll fit in to the show. I'm still pissed they cut his scene of him mowing down the Hand ninjas with his minigun.