Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    snip
    The outputs of other studios place no restrictions on what ND should be making.

I do agree that they should feel free to make whatever they want, but saying they shouldn't make games because other studios can do things with a similar aesthetic is ludicrous. It would be like telling Brad Bird to stick to animation because plenty of other directors can do live-action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The outputs of other studios place no restrictions on what ND should be making.

I do agree that they should feel free to make whatever they want, but saying they shouldn't make games because other studios can do things with a similar aesthetic is ludicrous. It would be like telling Brad Bird to stick to animation because plenty of other directors can do live-action.
    Yes it does though. Naughty Dog is owned by Sony. Sony wants to diversify their library as much as possible, so if Sucker Punch, Sanzaru, etc. have the cartoony side on lock, then Naughty Dog should be left to do what they do best, which is gritty, impactful stories.

I am a huge fan of the Jak and Daxter series and this is also not the first time they've said that now just isn't the right time for it. They haven't written it off, they are just following their inspiration and doing a different thing.

Although to be honest, I wish they would do what Sucker Punch did and pass off Jak and Daxter to a studio like Sanzaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yes it does though. Naughty Dog is owned by Sony. Sony wants to diversify their library as much as possible, so if Sucker Punch, Sanzaru, etc. have the cartoony side on lock, then Naughty Dog should be left to do what they do best, which is gritty, impactful stories.
    It makes good business sense, which is something I don't even vaguely care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    And you can tell a family friendly story with realistic graphics so why isn't Mario some photo realistic Italian dude? Is Nintendo coping out too? You know, maybe it's just the style they want to portray, crazy I know.

Naughty Dog with gritty realistic art > then any studio at it.

Naughty Dog making cartoony games = dime a dozen studio capable of pulling it off. Sony has plenty of studios who can pull it off, they only have one Naughty Dog.
    The point is still flying over your head.

Saying "we're better at this now", or "This is what we want to focus on". Fine.

Saying "We can't make a serious story like we want to with cartooniness". Cop out.

Do you see the difference now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we talk about Otters again? That was better than arguing. Don't you otters agree with me?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Can we talk about Otters again? That was better than arguing. Don't you otters agree with me?
    No. This is serious talk only now, just like Naughty Dog's future games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    No. This is serious talk only now, just like Naughty Dog's future games.
    Are you trying to tell me that Naughty Dog has otter things on their mind than creating cartoons?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Are you trying to tell me that Naughty Dog has otter things on their mind than creating cartoons?
    Alright I'm not winning this one. Have fun, I'll see you in an otter thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Alright I'm not winning this one. Have fun, I'll see you in an otter thread.
    I otter leave you alone then huh?

But honestly, just leave the company to make what ever game they want to make, don't force them to making anotter sequal game that sucks ass. With sequals, I think it is best to wait, the longer it is, be better it is. At least that's what you otter do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    It makes good business sense, which is something I don't even vaguely care about.
    Doesn't matter what you care about. What matters is what Naughty Dog is good at/wants to do and want Sony needs to diversify their library. They don't make games that just you want. They make games that their market wants and also the games they want to make.

Naughty Dog can do whatever the hell they want as long as they continue making good stuff.